Sign in to follow this  
Eddy

RED ZONE VISIBILITY

Been in the Red Zone now for 3 concerts. Concerts were awesome (as usual), however I'm a bit disappointed about the Red Zone area compared to the stage (especially the Experience stage). First of all when the Red Zone audience is allowed to enter the venue, the GA audience is allowed to enter at the same time. My last experience was that the GA people went in and took their place right in front of the main stage so the Red Zone people didn't have the choice to stay in the Red Zone area or settle in front of the main stage. When entering the Red Zone in Antwerp for instance one could immediately see that the best place to whatch the concert was in front of the main stage. Why not extend both areas all the way to the front of the main stage? In my opinion Red Zone audience is paying a lot of money to see their heroes very close but that's only the case when the band members move themselves all the way to the Red Zone area and that doesn't happen a lot. Understandable with regards to the band members but disappointing for the Red Zone Audience. The most annoying thing however is that for the Red Zone audience it's nearly impossible to see what's going on on the Experience Stage. It's too far away from the Red Zone area and especially for the more little Red Zone audience one can't see anything. My suggestion therefor is to lift up the Red Zone Area somewhat which allowes to view the entire show and not only when it's performed on main stage,  no one suffers about doing that...

I did Red zone twice this tour. I probably won't do again if they come back to North America for the reasons you stated. Red Zone in 360 was a much better option, and was much less expensive as well.

The main reason of (red) zone is charity, if you want a better place to watch the show you have a lot of options with regular tickets

It is all about the music right! You can still here it in the Red Zone can't you?

Edited by irishmonk

I loved the show and the way everyone in the arena was able to see their share of it. The problem is, if you are selling special tickets, people who buy them expect special features. So did everyone in the red zone around me. And, when they were selling the tickets, the map of the arena in Cologne showed a completely different area as red zone, much closer to the center stage. I do not regret buying the ticket, but I would have expected at least a special mention, or an explanation, information what projects will be funded with this particular tour, something that  somehow "set us apart" from the others. I do not think that it is too much to ask. Or, raise ticket prices for all tickets by five to ten Euros and donate that way. That would be less - well, "elitist" in a way, but still contribute to charity.

dont go in early as there is no point big mistake on our part loads of room and you can move about and stand almost anywhere but wo betide you if you stand  over the rear line the stewards (jobsworths)  will have you in the cells :D

Hi. Was in Red Zone at the O2 London last night, Southside. I loved it, but it depends on what you are after. If you want to get really close to the band, you wont, but if you want to see all the show, grab a place on the far right (facing the walkway stage). Loads of room, beer and wine seller, can leave your spot, go get a drink, people round me very friendly, got back to my spot no problems. A really nice way of seeing the band without getting crushed to bits. Another advantage of red zone is the entry process, you get in around the same time as the first GA people, and you can go into GA if you want, and come and go as you please into the red zone. I'd do it again tonight if I had the chance. 

Location is everything with this show. Red zone service etc and Emma was great but it doesn't work in terms of where you are unless the band members come over to you, Edge and Adam did, but Bono had so many area to cover he didn't make it over til the very end. While the band are in the smaller stage I couldn't see them at all along with most of the people in that area, I was really disappointed. For me, Bono drives the show as far as the audience experience is concerned, not being able to see him for so long ruined it for me, I wanted so long to sing up looking at him perform, I was right at the front of the barrier yet struggled to see him at all - I accept my 4ft 8inches didn't help but there was someone who was 6ft and he couldn't see them either.

Given the price of red zone it was disappointing not to see all 4 of them while they were on the other stage, it felt like an eternity before they came back, felt like I was just singing myself!!

Sofa's in the red zone for us older folk would be nice, lol, we can't stand that long with dodgy hips and backs and knees...

I found being towards rear of red zone was the best place to be. Still very close to main stage but also best view of screens and band when performing along walkway. E stage also just that bit closer so had no problems seeing band there.

I like the fact that entire stage areas are being constantly used. Yes as red zone I expect to be up at the front, and I do feel they have squeezed the barrier line a bit to get more GA in the middle - hence the constant ticket drops - so red zone a bit too much in the corner. But if we had simply formed the front area of main stage then we would have missed half the show. As earlier post mentions you can opt to go to GA during show and then come back again.

Got to agree with red sofa comment though. Some of us red zoners are getting on in years and need our creature comforts.

Ha ha we asked security to get a sofa from backstage - they laughed at us mockingly lol

I wished I'd gone to GA for a better view, being quite small I couldn't see a thing where I was,I love watching Bono as a focal point. It was great when he was on the main stage but missed a view of EBW which I was gutted about.

The colours on the screens were amazing

The main reason of (red) zone is charity, if you want a better place to watch the show you have a lot of options with regular tickets

We all know that's not why we pay for those tix;)

Red zone..waste of money. .better view in general admission. .would not pay that kind of money again for such a poor view. This was at the o2 London. .concert was good though. ..

For the previous tour I bought a Red Zone ticket for one of the Brussels shows and wasn't pleased either. I'm not planning to do it anymore.

Red zone..waste of money. .better view in general admission. .would not pay that kind of money again for such a poor view. This was at the o2 London. .concert was good though. ..

Agree totally - good view of stage near front but couldn't see a thing on walkway or e-stage so missed quite a bit If the show. Hugely disappointed with the lack of view :(

And Bono forgot us til just towards the very end but he didn't look down our way, he kept going to the north side on Monday night. Edge and Adam came over tho :)

Edited by Anjana

Given the red zone is a sea of GA people deep (why that is the case is a mystery to me) would it not make sense to raise the red zone area with a one step platform? just alongside the zone in London was a simple raised area where only security were allowed.

If red zones were given the same we could see the whole show from start to end rather than the middle being invisible!

I do hope they change something in this regard next time

Edited by Anjana

Thanks for all the info. Just so I can get this straight ...... Am in RZ tomorrow at Glasgow and dreading not being usual GA at the front. Can you join GA once you are in there and is it best to pick i or E stage and stay there or is there chance to move around without pissing people off ??

Is it possible to exit the red zone into the GA area ?

Yes, in most (or all?) venues you've been allowed to do this.

Is it possible to exit the red zone into the GA area ?

Yes, I'd recommend moving up to the e-stage, one song after the intermission. Just for a few songs.

Edited by ddarroch

Yup as they say up there, move about as the band move along the walkway and to the e-stage. If I'd gone a second night that's what I would have done, with hindsight!

Did GA for Glasgow #1 and Red Zone for Glasgow #2 and both nights were fantastic, first night we moved around from fairly close to main stage to start, then centre to enjoy the screen on to the e stage and got pretty close then moved back to main stage for the finale and got a great view, awesome night and what a sound, just superb U2 just keep getting better.

Didn't think we could top our first night experience, but we did and what a great set and the audience were just so up for it

We did the same for The Red Zone, great view and not packed, people around us were friendly and respectful and we left the Red Zone when all the action moved to the e stage and we got close again and then moved back in to the Red Zone and got right by the side front of stage and had a great view.

Will definitely do the Red Zone once more when they come out again next year for "Experience"!

I'm glad We did Red Zone despite the cost, we are fortunate to be able to have done this and glad that a portion of our ticket cost will go to a great cause.

Roll on next year...............How long to sing this song?

My own fault, I kept out if the threads prior to going so the show would be a total surprise, but that also meant I stood like a numpty at the barrier near the main stage waiting for them to come back and not knowing which part of the stage they'd be at at any given time. Also being vertically challenged rather hinders my navigation in among hundreds of much taller bouncing concert goers !!

Was anyone else in the Music Zone last night? What was your opinion on the set up?

Personally while the concert was great, I thought the whole set up of the MGZ was poorly executed. If you were anyway under 6ft there was no chance of seeing the main stage, even the E stage was often a struggle to view. I just can't understand how they could justify these prices, and then place the reserved area at the very back of GA area.

Done GA for Belfast and thought that was entirely better, not considering the substantial price difference.

Even the premise behind the whole reserved, less crowded area was a bit misleading. The area was so far back in the arena, that normal GA would have experienced the same less crowded experience.

To mitigate against this I thought the band could have at least used the whole length of the stage a bit more, to try and engage with those in the MGZ further back.

Overall I thought this MGZ/Red Zone area palled in comparison to that on offer for the 360 Tour. I would not be willing to pay that sort of premium prices for the next leg, unless they offer a substantial better product.

Sign in to follow this