o2 Arena info for U2 shows

stickied... useful info (copied from mic's link ) :

U2 Shows
Customer Service Manager - Monday at 17:45
Show Timings

Sunday 25 October: Doors 6pm / U2 7pm / Finish approx. 10.15pm
All other dates: Doors 6.30pm / U2 7.30pm / Finish approx. 10.45pm

Please note: All timings are approximate and subject to change without notice

How do I get into the show if I have a general admission standing ticket?

All you need to attend the show is the credit card you used to purchase the ticket and a valid, government-issued ID (such as a driver's license, photo ID or passport). Just go directly to the entrance and present both of these items to the steward. They will swipe your card to verify the tickets and then issue you with a wristband. It is not necessary for you to go to the box office, simply proceed directly to the entrance to the arena. Please ensure all members of your party are present when you enter.

What happens if I don't have the card I used to book my general admission standing tickets?

Please visit our box office on the day of the show - open from 10am-9pm with the order confirmation and your valid photo ID. You must be the original purchaser

What happens if I don't have valid photo ID and I have booked general admission standing tickets?

Then we're afraid for this event you won't be able to enter the arena

What happens if my family member / friend bought the tickets for me but aren't attending?

The person who purchased the tickets will need to collect them on the day and then give them to you.

Age Restrictions

Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+. Under 16's are not permitted on the arena standing floor

Cloakroom/Lockers

Unfortunately we do not provide a cloakroom service. If you are bringing along just a small bag you will be able to take it in and keep it under your seat, but should the bag be considered too big by security at the entrance they might confiscate it from you and you will be able to collect it back on your way out.

Camera Policy

Yes. Small personal cameras are fine for each show at The O2. We ask that you turn off the flash so as not to distract the performers or other guests. Larger SLR type cameras are not permitted into the venue unfortunately. This is at the request of the event promoter. For cameras that look similar to SLR cameras, the staff on the entrances must use their discretion, and your camera may be held at the entrance until the end of the show if it is not allowed to come in. It will be looked after safely for you and you will be given a ticket so you can collect it.

Our food & drink policy can be viewed here - http://o2lin.kr/1JJNyvt

AXS sent me an email this morning, no overnight camping, queuing from 9am.

got that email too. the detail of that email is as follows

Hi,

Are you getting excited about U2 coming to The O2 arena, London? It’s not long now.

As you booked paperless tickets with card entry – here’s some useful info for you to make your day at the event go smoothly.

You’ll need to bring with you the card used to make the booking.

The person who made the booking will also need to bring valid photo ID.

You’ll need to have all of your guests with you at the time of entry.

Got all that? Then head into the tent, turn left down The Avenue and aim for the standing entrance.

Your card will be swiped to allow you and your guests entry to the concert.

You go in and have a great time.

Are you one of the people who love to be at the very front? If so – just to let you know that The O2 campus doesn’t allow camping overnight – so stay warm and toasty.

The tent opens at 09:00 and that’s the time you can come in out of the weather and start to queue.

Remember we can’t swap, transfer or cancel your booking, but if you still have a question? Drop us a line at supportuk@axs.com or give us a call on 020 3784 7998.

See you at the show!

The AXS team

On behalf of The O2

i think they have made an error. i've never gone in the main entrance as advised above and

'turn left down The Avenue and aim for the standing entrance'

as far as i am aware, it is always go in the main entrance and turn right and walk past the restaurants to get to the standing entrance. unless they have special arrangements in place for us? here is the map

http://www.theo2.co.uk/visit-us/maps

got that email too. the detail of that email is as follows

Hi,

Are you getting excited about U2 coming to The O2 arena, London? It’s not long now.

As you booked paperless tickets with card entry – here’s some useful info for you to make your day at the event go smoothly.

You’ll need to bring with you the card used to make the booking.

The person who made the booking will also need to bring valid photo ID.

You’ll need to have all of your guests with you at the time of entry.

Got all that? Then head into the tent, turn left down The Avenue and aim for the standing entrance.

Your card will be swiped to allow you and your guests entry to the concert.

You go in and have a great time.

Are you one of the people who love to be at the very front? If so – just to let you know that The O2 campus doesn’t allow camping overnight – so stay warm and toasty.

The tent opens at 09:00 and that’s the time you can come in out of the weather and start to queue.

Remember we can’t swap, transfer or cancel your booking, but if you still have a question? Drop us a line at supportuk@axs.com or give us a call on 020 3784 7998.

See you at the show!

The AXS team

On behalf of The O2

i think they have made an error. i've never gone in the main entrance as advised above and

'turn left down The Avenue and aim for the standing entrance'

as far as i am aware, it is always go in the main entrance and turn right and walk past the restaurants to get to the standing entrance. unless they have special arrangements in place for us? here is the map

http://www.theo2.co.uk/visit-us/maps

Mmm.Hopefully someone can verify after the first night.

Having been to a standing gig at The O2 last year, I can verify that the mistake is that to go down the Avenue (where all the restaurants and stuff are) you turn right, not left. If you come under the tent go left then you'll 1. walk into a bar 2. find the merch stall, or 3. bump into a wall, which would be very unfortunate! So it should say "turn right down the Avenue and aim for the standing entrance" but it says left instead of right. Silly AXS!

Having been to a standing gig at The O2 last year, I can verify that the mistake is that to go down the Avenue (where all the restaurants and stuff are) you turn right, not left. If you come under the tent go left then you'll 1. walk into a bar 2. find the merch stall, or 3. bump into a wall, which would be very unfortunate! So it should say "turn right down the Avenue and aim for the standing entrance" but it says left instead of right. Silly AXS!

Cheers for that, I'm rubbish with directions! Do you happen to know if there is a merch stand near where we will queue?

Cheers for that, I'm rubbish with directions! Do you happen to know if there is a merch stand near where we will queue?

Afraid not, the only merch stand there is next to entrances A & B (seated entrances).

Afraid not, the only merch stand there is next to entrances A & B (seated entrances).

Cheers.I'd imagine there would be more than 2 merch stands & would be one near the GA entrance.I hope.

The main Merch stand is through the entrance and to the left, it's always huge. Then there are several on the concourse around the arena where all the bars and food places are.

They are smaller, but should still have the whole range of merch. Maybe they will set up a stand down by the GA line, but I don't ever remember seeing that before at any gigs down there.

Sign in to follow this