Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monica martino

Zoo Xmas Card Exchange 2015

I would love to do it as have done for years but unfortunately cannot afford to do it this year. Will miss it :( 

I'm in again too! I love my Zoo Xmas cards!

Julie if I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to group the names by country on the list? What I've always done in previous years after getting the list is copied and pasted into a new document by country so that when I go to the post office it's easier to know how much postage is needed for each country. It has saved a lot of time for that part.

Thanks for volunteering Julie and please let me know if I can help in any way! :)

Can I please put up a counter suggestion to the above?  From the perspective of the rule about 'sending to the person below you on the list', I would prefer to have the countries mixed up (I think it's usually done in order of signing up?), as there's more liklihood of receiving a card from (and sending a card to) another country, which to me, is more exciting than sending/receiving within my own country.  Completely understand the time saving side of the above suggestion when dealing with the post office, but as it's easy enough to re-sort the list for this purpose, I think it's a nicer experience to have the countries mixed up for sharing cards around the world.  Just my two cents... :)

Anyway, thank goodness for timezones, as I've managed to see this in the nick of time to join in (just got back from Belfast)!

Julie if I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to group the names by country on the list? What I've always done in previous years after getting the list is copied and pasted into a new document by country so that when I go to the post office it's easier to know how much postage is needed for each country. It has saved a lot of time for that part.

Thanks for volunteering Julie and please let me know if I can help in any way! :)

Can I please put up a counter suggestion to the above? From the perspective of the rule about 'sending to the person below you on the list', I would prefer to have the countries mixed up (I think it's usually done in order of signing up?), as there's more liklihood of receiving a card from (and sending a card to) another country, which to me, is more exciting than sending/receiving within my own country. Completely understand the time saving side of the above suggestion when dealing with the post office, but as it's easy enough to re-sort the list for this purpose, I think it's a nicer experience to have the countries mixed up for sharing cards around the world. Just my two cents... :)

Anyway, thank goodness for timezones, as I've managed to see this in the nick of time to join in (just got back from Belfast)!

good point

Can I please put up a counter suggestion to the above?  From the perspective of the rule about 'sending to the person below you on the list', I would prefer to have the countries mixed up (I think it's usually done in order of signing up?), as there's more liklihood of receiving a card from (and sending a card to) another country, which to me, is more exciting than sending/receiving within my own country.  Completely understand the time saving side of the above suggestion when dealing with the post office, but as it's easy enough to re-sort the list for this purpose, I think it's a nicer experience to have the countries mixed up for sharing cards around the world.  Just my two cents... :)

hi.. I mixed up the countries, and pretty much just added to the list as they came in!

27 so far... you still have time to join if you want! :D

I will send out the list by email tomorrow!

by the way a few were asking, how the list went, I mixed it up a little, (didn't group by countries)

Thanks for the update Julie! :)

Already bought my cards and ready to start writing! :D

Hi, i'll be sending out today the list by email... (November 24th) Woohoooo 1 month before Christmas :P  :D

if you do not receive it, or its not in your spam mail please let me know...

Hi Julie,

Many thanks, just looked..... but I have sent you a pm. 

This year's list was sent out yesterday (24th November) via email

if you didn't receive it, let me know

I got everything I think but I will have a proper reading from Monday on

Thanks Julie

Got the list eventually, despite a few initial issues with the emails. Thanks Julie for sorting it all out. 

I recognise some names from last year and there are others that are new to the list. Next step will be to buy cards and start getting them sent out  :)

Always a great Holiday tradition!  I missed the cut off date as well (I am seeing if I might be able to get a copy of the list anyway to send some cards out)

Regardless - I want to wish you all a Happy Holiday Season!  I am on this site regularly but do not post much - There is a great group of fans here and I am glad to be a part of the group!

I'm late :(

We can always add you to our lists.

You were on last year's list and so were you U2FanInVT. I still have that with both of your details on. Are you both still at the same addresses as last year? If so, I'll add you to my copy of this year's list and I'm sure other Zootops can do the same  :)

I remembered them also from last year Rebecca,

I added them to the list! its only December 2nd  why not :D  :D

Thank you Sue (dublin girl at heart) and Kristi ( I-70) for your Christmas cards. Love 'm.

I am posting mine this week. Hope they get to their destinations in time.