Sign in to follow this  
doc holliday

O2 G.A. Entry cock up

Loaded into 6 pens of 50, front to back, so front of pen 6 (300ish in que) goes in same time as front of pen 1, !! Then they load as the ques empty, so you could be 40th in line and go in 400th , absolute joke ,

I was there last night, it was bad , I am hoping today will be better as last night was first night, maybe they were late sound check

Morning all, ill try and give a low down on last night, got to ga que at 2pm, around 150 in front of us, not much happens till 6pm so you can get drinks and food without a problem and rejoin the queue, the shitty bit was when you start to go in, the easiest way to explain last night is like a game of 'connect 4'. Imaging filling up the left hand column with discs (People), but 50 high! Then fill column 2, then three, the person at the bottom of column 2 is the 51st disc, when all 6 are full, pull the bar on the bottom, and hey presto, person 1,51,101,151, 201 all go in at same time! Phew! Hope it's sorted for tonight .

Missed the start of the gig last night due to the mess of the O2 queuing system. Joined the queue about 7pm and they had it snaking around all over floor after the fenced off queuing area ended. It was hard to find where the end of the queue actually was.

Progress was slow and quite a lot of people were still joining the queue behind us.

At around 7.45 the queue just stopped as they weren't sending anyone through. We were about 15 people from the front of one of the 5 or 6 "sheep pen" lanes just before you go in.

After several minutes the crowd started getting restless which is understandable as showtime was imminent and there was no explanation from the venue staff.

There must have been around 200 or more people still in the queue.

As the shouting from the crowd increased a spokesman told us that we would be sent round to another door and to be patient.

It was still a few minutes before they organised themselves and finally started letting us through. Even then it was chaotic as they didn't seem to have enough wristbands shared out between them. After getting mine and going the way we were directed we were told we needed to get another wristband from the desk by the original door which wasn't explained earlier!

At this point we could hear the beginning of The Miracle being played so had missed the start of the show.

They then decided to open the original door and just let everyone in. I think they gave up on the ID checks at this point as everyone rushed in behind us.

Must say I'm not happy about this fiasco and will be making an official complaint.

How can a venue like this which must have held thousands of concerts not get everyone in before the show starts?

Whatever reason they had for closing the original door they just made matters worse by giving no explanation and then causing a mad rush at the end.

Thankfully the gig was amazing to make up for missing the start.

Back again tonight so will queue up early to hopefully avoid a similar situation.

On a lighter note, the show was amazing, you forget how close to the band you are in arena's ,the ga is only about 10 yards wide both sides of the runway so we stood against the back barrier in front of red zone , 10 feet in front of Adam , we had a perfect view of all the visuals above us, and no one pushing from behind. superb gig.

Got given wristbands for the South side (after asking for the preference) , i,e Adam's side.....only to get in and not be let in that side as Adam's side was in fact the North side!  Since when?!   The staff weren't having it even when I walked back over ten minutes later.

Also, those let into Adam's side were able to change sides if they wanted as Edge's side wasn't taped off.  Only those in Edge's side weren't allowed to walk round to Adam's side.

As far as I'm aware all shows up until now (including two I've already attended) the Edge's side has been the North side and Adam's side the South side.

Not a big deal as still got a great spot on a rail as we had low numbers but I wonder if just another farce by the O2 not knowing what they were doing!  It took forever for the staff to swipe credit cards, they admitted they didn't know what they were doing as they hadn't done it before and then it took forever getting the wristbands put on, just beyond a joke by that point! 

I'm not surprised by reading the comments above about what happened to those higher up in the queue and yep, the 6 pens were also a joke, they staff had no idea how to organise that properly either!

Exellent gig though.  100 times better than in San Jose where the sound was just terrible there for the 2 nights. 

Loaded into 6 pens of 50, front to back, so front of pen 6 (300ish in que) goes in same time as front of pen 1, !! Then they load as the ques empty, so you could be 40th in line and go in 400th , absolute joke ,

That's not good at all: means you've completely wasted a day of queuing if so.

Great show tonight! Got in early and they actually had the queue moving at a decent speed tonight.

Found that the reason for closing the GA door F 15 minutes before the show on the first night is because Bono enters from just by that entrance so it has to be cordoned off. That's great if all the crowd are in but obviously doesn't work if there are still people queuing and the arena staff don't seem to have any clue how to get them in quickly or offer any explanation for the delay.

Piss poor organisation if you ask me.

Edited by andyedge

I've got GA for Thursday so was wondering how other people found getting into GA on Monday night. Had they sorted out the obvious problems of Sunday night?

I'm not fussed about rail or anything, so was wondering what advice anyone had for best time to arrive when there is likely to be the shortest queue? (I know about 10.30pm.. :) )

Cheers!

Edited by Bungo

I was in GA last night, I didn't get in the queue until about 7:30pm and honestly, any spot on the floor was just amazing. Could easily move around from the front to the back of the arena, get drinks, never squashed.

I think I'm going to try for the rail on Thursday but if you're not fussed about that, I say just turn up at 7:30pm.

I didn't realise there was an issue, I managed to get inside fairly quickly. Although now I'm worried about night 6 because I've got college that day and probably won't arrive until just before or just after doors open...

So, what is the best side, the north or the south? As I have red you cant walk over to the other side. And if we get it to the rail, what is the best rail spot, the main stage rail, the catwalk rail or the E stage rail? I have noticed that it is not neccesary to que up early for good spots, but if I want a rail spot, how early do I have to Get in line?

I was in GA last night, I didn't get in the queue until about 7:30pm and honestly, any spot on the floor was just amazing. Could easily move around from the front to the back of the arena, get drinks, never squashed.

I think I'm going to try for the rail on Thursday but if you're not fussed about that, I say just turn up at 7:30pm.

on the rail surely you will see less mobiles and more show :D

I'm only 5'0 and like to be at the front, so I can see. Will I be able to see further back? Going early to try and get close, but it sounds chaotic, so probably will end up further back.

I'm only 5'0 and like to be at the front, so I can see. Will I be able to see further back? Going early to try and get close, but it sounds chaotic, so probably will end up further back.

You are in the same boat as me.I'm trying for the rail Friday.If i don't like it i can move back.I'm on my own so at least i don't have to drag someone around with me in there i guess.

I have got to the rail before, both nights at Wembley. This chaos makes it sound difficult, even getting their early.

I'm in the queue for tonight. Been here since 8.30 am. Apparently the chaos has been sorted. Two pens in at a time, one for north, one south.

I'm in the queue for tonight. Been here since 8.30 am. Apparently the chaos has been sorted. Two pens in at a time, one for north, one south.

Thank goodness! Should be alright for Tuesday then!

For anyone who has been to the London gigs so far in GA section, are they checking your credit card and ID as originally stated? 

For anyone who has been to the London gigs so far in GA section, are they checking your credit card and ID as originally stated?

Not ID.Just the card used for payment. I was asked to show confirmation email before I joined the queue as well.

Sign in to follow this