Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

London Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Now)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised by Wolves
    • Until the End of the World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better than the Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • The Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet the Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where the Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In the Name of Love)
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song for Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until the End of the World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better than the Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet the Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In the Name of Love)
    • With or Without You
    • City of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Where you there in any of these nights?

Which were you highlights?

Please share your impressions (either if you were there or if you were following the shows online), your photos and your videos with the community...

Thanks!!!

South Side GA last night - the closest I have ever been at a U2 gig!

The show was awesome from start to finish, can't wait to do it all over again on Thursday!!!

post-306267-0-24545700-1445933241_thumb.jpg

post-306267-0-06546600-1445933382_thumb.jpg

In Euston station about to head north after 1 & 2. Illness meant I couldn't do GA so was a bit worried about not really feeling part of the show, but watching from afar. I needn't have worried. Night one we were on the front row of seats north side behind the VIP enclosure. Second night about ten rows back, south side and a bit closer to i stage.

But more than close enough to catch the band interacting with each other. Great energy from the crowd around us. Last night quite a lot around us were dressed in suits, presumably having dashed in from work, but they followed the instructions that it was an honorary Saturday night.

I suspect first night in London was a bit of a big deal for the band, probably aware that would be when the reviewers were in. So a tight, driving performance but one that seemed to stick very closely to the script.bLast night they seemed up for fun.

Rumour about Noel was circulating pre-show, half confirmed when we spotted him on the floor, pretty much assured when before the encore what we're presumably the lyrics were getting taped to the floor.

Sound was good, although better south side than north. The BTBS rant/rap wasn't particularly clear though.

And the performance? As good as I've seen them over the last 30 years (ouch, I guess we're all getting older). I wasn't expecting to see as much energy as they were putting out, Edge seemed bouncier than on the 360 shows I saw. And the whole production seemed to support the music.

Still think they could mix up the set list a bit more from night to night - they've played enough songs on this tour so we know they have them rehearsed and ready.

Oh, and they made a total mess of 40 both nights - they used the notes and lyrics from completely different songs!

40 wasn't played on neither of the first two London nighst so........

And about Bono, what exactly do you mean, Jaana?   He does seem tired on many nights but I think it's because of the accident and the recovery phase combined with his age, of course....But I'm sure you don't mean Bono's lost the passion and the fire, do you?   What other change did you mean ?

Edited by pain_18_

I love it that Edge is more visible , I mean louder and crazier, much more Edge....U can never have enough !!!! Unlike on SOI.

I want more EDGE, always....!!!!!!

Edited by pain_18_

I love it that Edge is more visible , I mean louder and crazier, much more Edge....U can never have enough !!!! Unlike on SOI.

I want more EDGE, always....!!!!!!

I'm with you on this! :)

The show was awesome from start to finish, can't wait to do it all over again on Thursday!!!

attachicon.gifDSC00877.jpg

What side would you recommend? South or North? And If I am going for the rail, would the Main stage rail, catwalk rail or the E stage rail be the best? And how early do you think we have to get in Line to get to teh rail?

I am going on the last show in London, have GA tickets. I just have some questions. What is the best side, the north or the south? And if we get it to the rail, what will you recommend, the main stage rail, the catwalk rail or the E stage rail? I have noticed that it is not neccesary to que up early for good spots, but if I want a rail spot, how early do I have to Get in line?

Did night 1, my first U2 gig. I have never, ever cried at any gig before...that is, until With Or Without You got played. The best gig I've ever been to, and one of the best nights of my whole life. Plus I met padawanbeck84 in the GA line, that was fun. Here, have a shoddy blurry photo I took during The Miracle. Can't wait to experience it again one week from now! 

12189847_1076598642375139_40708007721663

Edited by peterferris8

Oh and LOVE the Chris Rea - I can hear your heartbeat song - snippet at the beginning of EBTTRT !!!! Wish we had a video for that song....It was the craziest performance of the song on this tour yet !!!!

Edited by pain_18_

Did night 1, my first U2 gig. I have never, ever cried at any gig before...that is, until With Or Without You got played. The best gig I've ever been to, and one of the best nights of my whole life. Plus I met padawanbeck84 in the GA line, that was fun. Here, have a shoddy blurry photo I took during The Miracle. Can't wait to experience it again one week from now! 

!!!!!!!!! AMAZING !!! ! Mind-bending !!! One week from now , does that mean the 5th show??? 

!!!!!!!!! AMAZING !!! ! Mind-bending !!! One week from now , does that mean the 5th show??? 

6th show. Tuesday 3rd November, so the last night in London, which means I'll hopefully get to hear the Bad/40 combo!

And about Bono, what exactly do you mean, Jaana?   He does seem tired on many nights but I think it's because of the accident and the recovery phase combined with his age, of course....But I'm sure you don't mean Bono's lost the passion and the fire, do you?   What other change did you mean ?

Think he's talking about the audience singing 40 right after With Or Without You during and before the encore. I could hear a bit of that only.

Nice pics Lorri and love reading the reviews of people who were actually there. : ) 

As for Bono, I wouldn't want to see Bono in jet black hair dancing and doing the Zoostation jiggle wiggle moves like a youngin and trying to imitate a younger version of himself. Bono looks very comfortable and cool in his "elder"? self and he's doing it right, right by cool and nothing else. There's a lot of causal movement you still capture in him, but certainly don't wanna see Bono as an older version of himself, as what The King, Elvis did. That was just sad.

I think some of us look at Bono, U2 as an image that can remain forever and that's never going to happen. Reallly, when I look at U2 in concert pics today. I really do think wow...this band is STILL very very COOL and HOT(I'll throw that in too, ha)and more power to them.It's never about looks and cool, but U2 not only has that going for them but they are without a doubt..the best f-in rock and roll band EVER, in albums and in concert. When you are there with them, they really show you what they are! It's impressive!! 

What side would you recommend? South or North? And If I am going for the rail, would the Main stage rail, catwalk rail or the E stage rail be the best? And how early do you think we have to get in Line to get to teh rail?

100% South!!  I took the advice of someone on here and chose South, SO glad that we did as it seemed to be that they spent more time facing that way, but that could of course be a warped view!

We didn't queue at all, walked straight in just before 7.30 and were two from the rail on the catwalk - with a lot of room around us too.  We were able to dance, walk about etc and it wasn't at all squashed like I expected it to be.  But if you want to get on the rail then I am guessing those spaces were taken by the people who queued from early in the morning - I get why people want to be that close, but at this show you miss so much if you are standing under the screen on the catwalk.  

Main stage or catwalk?  I would chose catwalk, toward the E stage - then you get the best of both.  But it is of course personal preference

I am going on the last show in London, have GA tickets. I just have some questions. What is the best side, the north or the south? And if we get it to the rail, what will you recommend, the main stage rail, the catwalk rail or the E stage rail? I have noticed that it is not neccesary to que up early for good spots, but if I want a rail spot, how early do I have to Get in line?

Hi - as above really.  We are going again Thursday and are going for South again, it really was perfection!!  We almost got in line early in the morning, but am so glad that we didn't now, for two reasons, firstly we were only two from the rail without queuing at all and secondly you don't see the screen if you are on the rail and the screen is an integral part of the show.

Yeah, LA...Bono is in the present....neither younger, nor older.....Same goes for the others too....Except Larry...He's always 12.

Think he's talking about the audience singing 40 right after With Or Without You during and before the encore. I could hear a bit of that only.

Nice pics Lorri and love reading the reviews of people who were actually there. : ) 

As for Bono, I wouldn't want to see Bono in jet black hair dancing and doing the Zoostation jiggle wiggle moves like a youngin and trying to imitate a younger version of himself. Bono looks very comfortable and cool in his "elder"? self and he's doing it right, right by cool and nothing else. There's a lot of causal movement you still capture in him, but certainly don't wanna see Bono as an older version of himself, as what The King, Elvis did. That was just sad.

I think some of us look at Bono, U2 as an image that can remain forever and that's never going to happen. Reallly, when I look at U2 in concert pics today. I really do think wow...this band is STILL very very COOL and HOT(I'll throw that in too, ha)and more power to them.It's never about looks and cool, but U2 not only has that going for them but they are without a doubt..the best f-in rock and roll band EVER, in albums and in concert. When you are there with them, they really show you what they are! It's impressive!! 

Cheers!! I still can believe that we were that close!

And totally agree with your view of Bono.  The man has cool bones, he is the very epitome of cool. Well, apart from in that lycra/cycle helmet combo, that was perhaps not such a cool look :)  What I loved more than anything about this tour is that it's 90% about them, no gimmicks or fancy stage stuff, just four blokes making an incredible sound - sure there is the screen, but on the stage it's them.  Being cool.  

100% South!!  I took the advice of someone on here and chose South, SO glad that we did as it seemed to be that they spent more time facing that way, but that could of course be a warped view!

We didn't queue at all, walked straight in just before 7.30 and were two from the rail on the catwalk - with a lot of room around us too.  We were able to dance, walk about etc and it wasn't at all squashed like I expected it to be.  But if you want to get on the rail then I am guessing those spaces were taken by the people who queued from early in the morning - I get why people want to be that close, but at this show you miss so much if you are standing under the screen on the catwalk.  

Main stage or catwalk?  I would chose catwalk, toward the E stage - then you get the best of both.  But it is of course personal preference

Hi - as above really.  We are going again Thursday and are going for South again, it really was perfection!!  We almost got in line early in the morning, but am so glad that we didn't now, for two reasons, firstly we were only two from the rail without queuing at all and secondly you don't see the screen if you are on the rail and the screen is an integral part of the show.

Okei, then I think I will just relax and dont Get in line to early to head for the rail. I have been to all the last tours, and have always been in the red sone or heart, but then we have qued for 6-8 hours. It is so cool to could see my stars AS Close AS possible, but if I can come AS Close AS you tell without Queing I think I will go for your advise and head for a spot south side towards there catwalk going over to the e-stage. As I could see from your pictures you where really Close without being at the rail. But how far back do you have to stay to see the screen?

Okei, then I think I will just relax and dont Get in line to early to head for the rail. I have been to all the last tours, and have always been in the red sone or heart, but then we have qued for 6-8 hours. It is so cool to could see my stars AS Close AS possible, but if I can come AS Close AS you tell without Queing I think I will go for your advise and head for a spot south side towards there catwalk going over to the e-stage. As I could see from your pictures you where really Close without being at the rail. But how far back do you have to stay to see the screen?

You can see the screen from 2/3 deep if you tip your head up!  We found that most people stepped back a bit when the screen was on, which made it easier to see, and then forward again when they were on the catwalk. I went to Madison Square Garden and was in seating, so had seen the screen (which is awesome!!) and this time just wanted to get as close as I could - I think we were really lucky and were able to experience the best of everything because everyone in South side around us were just so friendly/moved around together.  People went off to get drinks and were able to get straight back in to the spaces they were in, no elbowing for spaces which I have found at other concerts.  I guess us U2 fans are just a thoroughly decent bunch :)

Have a look at my album of pics for an idea of how close we were

https://flic.kr/s/aHskjxi7zg

Very nice,Lori. I like those photos very much.

"

Four blokes making incredible sound"

:)

Edited by hestia

Sign in to follow this