Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

London Shows 3 & 4 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Gloria
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • New Year's Day
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (Snippet) / Bad
    • People Have The Power
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • All I Want Is You
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (Snippet) / One

Where you there in any of these nights?

Which were you highlights?

Please share your impressions (either if you were there or if you were following the shows online), your photos and your videos with the community...

Thanks!!!

London 4 - I spent at the e stage. Absolutely loved it. Wonderful atmosphere and the band really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

London - 4..... It does not let me vote for three songs, only one.

Edited by pain_18_

Thought I would write a little review - had to get it off my chest! so finally got to see I&E live. U2 at the o2 - shows 3 & 4. Show 3, 29th October - my partner's 40th birthday, so added expectation for a great night. These tickets were bought with my priority code - initially disappointed as I had wanted red zone, but there was an issue with the web site and they had all gone, so ended up with a seat. However, when we arrived, we headed down, down, down to our row - we were only on the front row! perfect view of Adam's side! brilliant. As the venue filled we saw a stream of famous people pass underneath us - Chris Moyles, Patti Smith (were we in for a treat...?), Noel Fitzpatrick (the super vet!). 

People have the power came on, and then Bono walks on to the e stage - here we go! Before we know it we are 5 songs in, and then Iris, just amazing. And then UTEOTW - interval already. the Fly starts, and Gavin Friday is below us singing along - surreal!  Invisible inside the screen - very clever. More songs on the e stage - mysterious ways sounded great. EBW just beautiful. Then on to the haunting sound of October, anger of BTBS, Zooropa – such a powerful song, didn’t realize what a powerful song it really is. Strange not to have the chorus though! WTSHNN into Pride and WOWY – awesome!

Encore – COBL, great, Beautiful day (my least favourite U2 song – sorry!) and then to my favourite – Bad, and then on walks Patti Smith, what a treat! In summary, still amazing live, no one else comes close, on a high all the way home – and still have tomorrow night to look forward to!

Show 4 – this time we are on Edge’s side – a few rows higher up. Still a cracking view. Here we go – birthday boy is on fire! Larry’s drumming is just amazing to watch. Electric Co tonight. Sound seems better too.

Highlights – again UTEOW, then AIWIY – just great! Think Bono was thrown by it too, as he had to start EBW again, but still delivered an amazing performance. Before we know it, it’s the encore – One this evening. I just wish Bono would sing it – for me it takes the power away as a sing along… However a minor complaint! Another great night – lets hope there is another leg announced soon, I hope I don’t have to wait another 5 years to see U2 again!

Thought I would write a little review - had to get it off my chest! so finally got to see I&E live. U2 at the o2 - shows 3 & 4. Show 3, 29th October - my partner's 40th birthday, so added expectation for a great night. These tickets were bought with my priority code - initially disappointed as I had wanted red zone, but there was an issue with the web site and they had all gone, so ended up with a seat. However, when we arrived, we headed down, down, down to our row - we were only on the front row! perfect view of Adam's side! brilliant. As the venue filled we saw a stream of famous people pass underneath us - Chris Moyles, Patti Smith (were we in for a treat...?), Noel Fitzpatrick (the super vet!). 

People have the power came on, and then Bono walks on to the e stage - here we go! Before we know it we are 5 songs in, and then Iris, just amazing. And then UTEOTW - interval already. the Fly starts, and Gavin Friday is below us singing along - surreal!  Invisible inside the screen - very clever. More songs on the e stage - mysterious ways sounded great. EBW just beautiful. Then on to the haunting sound of October, anger of BTBS, Zooropa – such a powerful song, didn’t realize what a powerful song it really is. Strange not to have the chorus though! WTSHNN into Pride and WOWY – awesome!

Encore – COBL, great, Beautiful day (my least favourite U2 song – sorry!) and then to my favourite – Bad, and then on walks Patti Smith, what a treat! In summary, still amazing live, no one else comes close, on a high all the way home – and still have tomorrow night to look forward to!

Show 4 – this time we are on Edge’s side – a few rows higher up. Still a cracking view. Here we go – birthday boy is on fire! Larry’s drumming is just amazing to watch. Electric Co tonight. Sound seems better too.

Highlights – again UTEOW, then AIWIY – just great! Think Bono was thrown by it too, as he had to start EBW again, but still delivered an amazing performance. Before we know it, it’s the encore – One this evening. I just wish Bono would sing it – for me it takes the power away as a sing along… However a minor complaint! Another great night – lets hope there is another leg announced soon, I hope I don’t have to wait another 5 years to see U2 again!

Such an amazing review !!!!!

Sounds like you had pretty much the same seats we did for nights 1 and 2. We had exactly the same reaction first night heading down to Row C :-)

I'm going on Monday, can someone give me a rough idea of what time the band have been coming on stage ? The o2 website says 7:30 but I find that hard to believe.

I'm going on Monday, can someone give me a rough idea of what time the band have been coming on stage ? The o2 website says 7:30 but I find that hard to believe.

They hit the stage around 8:30pm

I was at both London 3 and 4 nights, totally different views and impressions, wrote a bit in the live thread but my two cents...

London 3 I was in GA, nearly front row, middle of the catwalk towards the b-stage.  I knew they would be walking the stage quite frequently so decidd for that spot as the front was packed by the time we came in (around 6.45/7-ish pm).  I was so excited to hear Gloria to start with.  My highlights/fave moments were EBW - totally loved it just with the piano - Invisible it is one of my fave songs pity I couldn't appreciate the screen then. SBS was probably one of the best versions I have heard, totally loved Larry's drums then. And of course WOWY, I always always love that song and Bono sang the first verses just in front of me, so it was quite mesmerising. All in all I left super excited as I knew I was coming back the next day...

London 4 I had seats, nearly behind the stage, Adam's side.  I could see them hit the stage and even though the seats were not ideal I had a great view of the screen this time. Bono did his bit to interact with the crowd behind the stage which was totally appreciated.  I never expected AIWIY so that was a very nice surprise. COBL is quite refreshing at the start of the 3rd set. I wish they could do / fit in Magnificent somewhere though...The only downside: I was supposed to take my lil one but he was so ill I couldn't take him, I was gutted to leave him behind. I am debating whether to get last min tickets for Monday #5.

I would share some pics but have no ieda how to do it over here...will do some expirementing.

Anyway...I am glad I have another night, London 6, Tuesday, otherwise I would be super depressed that is all over.

does this go here?

stupid forum keep it simple FFS

great two night for 3 and 4 by the way

12189725_10153044861450356_5442442496594

Highlight's for me were Gloria (mainly because i always wanted to hear it- twice now :) ) , NYD, AIWIY, Patti Smith Noel G and EBTTRT. Have to say i like MW a lot more nowadays, great song to dance to and see who goes up each night. The Bullet rant is great and invisible goes down well!. Could still change it up tbh and stick in California and WLCTT realistically and even Volcano just for a bit of variation for the last two 

4 was the best yet, in my honest opinion and 3 had the Mind-Bending performance of People Have the Power with Patti Smith ......and  Gloria, NYD...

Can't even imagine what's gonna happen on 5 and 6 ...

Edited by pain_18_

An absolutely wonderful experience. It was great to see U2 back in an arena (not since 1983 for me!) I'm not a fan of outdoor stadiums.

We were right next to the b stage, although I couldn't see all of the screens, it was great to be about 20 feet from the band.

I thought the entire set was well paced, great to hear I will follow and October live again

I was a little worried that they were going to miss out One, phew, it was the last song of the night!

I thought the crowd were great too, London crowds have, in the past anyway, tended to be a little reserved but not tonight!

I would have liked to go to more shows but, alas, it was not to be, however, 30th October wil remain long in the memory

Edited by Mark-in-pock

I'm sorry but to say but my experience of show 4 at the 02 was disappointing. Paid top dollar for my seats, block 101, but I couldn't believe how bad the acoustics were, really quite muffled. I mean I bought these tickets in the U2 pre sale, you'd think that being a subscriber for quite some years would at least guarantee you premium seating.....not the case !! Absolutely gutted after looking forward to it for so long.

Attended the London Arena o2 on Monday 2/11/15 - superb performance seated tickets at the 2nd stage end perfect watching Bono enter the stage so close.

Whole concert was amazing - so much going on.

As the venue filled we saw a stream of famous people pass underneath us - Chris Moyles, Patti Smith (were we in for a treat...?), Noel Fitzpatrick (the super vet!). 

Ha, I wondered if Noel Fitzpatrick would be at any of the shows! Would have been great to bump into him there, but I didn't see him. :)

I was at the e-stage (North side) for night 3, and just in front of the Red Zone (South side) for night 4. Not very good views for a short person on this tour, but the shows were excellent! Thanks so much to the lads for surprising us with New Year's Day, it's my favourite song to hear live and I never expected them to play it this time! Just a shame we missed out on Volcano, and Angel Of Harlem continues to narrowly elude me after 15 years of gig-going...

Sign in to follow this