Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

London Shows 5 & 6 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 5? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out Of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • Volcano
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 6? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Gloria
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Party Girl
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad
    • "40"

Where you there in any of these nights?

Which were you highlights?

Please share your impressions (either if you were there or if you were following the shows online), your photos and your videos with the community...

Thanks!!!

I was on the MIXLR - stream forum !!! Incredible Doris .... Truly the Fifth Member of the Band !!! OVER 7 000 listeners joined in during BAD, there were 6 900 for a good while  !!!!

post-547180-0-35614200-1446629845_thumb.jpg

Photo Credit : Adrian Newman !

Edited by pain_18_

I am still in U2 land after yesterday's show...it is probably on the top of my favourite/best U2 concerts. Gosh, I didn't want it to end.

I am going through my photos and will share some soon. Do I need to upload them somewhere or can I post them directly?.

V.

I am still in U2 land after yesterday's show...it is probably on the top of my favourite/best U2 concerts. Gosh, I didn't want it to end.

I am going through my photos and will share some soon. Do I need to upload them somewhere or can I post them directly?.

V.

you can upload directly to this topic, or use the http://zootopia.u2.com/gallery/

Hey the U2 meerkat from last night (3rd Nov) was my friend - I managed to video the whole thing but looking for any other videos and photos people have taken! Please message me if you can help :)

Thanks Bigwave...I will give it a shot, hope it works!

And thanks to Anjana too ;)

post-326140-0-40006100-1446644593_thumb.jpeg

post-326140-0-46053800-1446644604_thumb.jpg

post-326140-0-71002200-1446644622_thumb.jpg

post-326140-0-82386900-1446644638_thumb.jpg

Going to copy my review of Monday into here methinks

Great show, they sounded fantastic and seemed so happy, great to see them smiling and relaxed, they made it look so easy performing to a huge audience! The illustrated screens were stunning, the colours were mesmerising, as was Larry's drumming, I could watch him all day, the concentration, he is rock solid throughout.

I couldn't have asked for more on the set list (well I could have but they would have been there til the early hours ha ha) - I have kept out of the threads so I didn't know what to expect but Out of Control wow I certainly was, bouncing around like a mad thing plus I Will Follow, plus Bullet the Blue Sky ( a beautiful noise) plus City of Blinding Lights, songs from Achtung wow wow wow. One was wonderful towards the end when Bono handed it to the crowd, I sang every word as loud as my lungs would allow me! And Volcano too, great hear that live other than in my own bedroom, usually wrapped in a bath towel with a hairbrush for a mic!  ;))

but...and there is a but...sorry guys but the set up didn't work that well for many of us at ground level, could you elevate the walkway and smaller stage please next time?? Some of us are very little!! When you left the main stage, we lost sight of you for what seemed like an eternity. We were entertaining ourselves for most of that time lol. Was gutted not to see EBW 'in the flesh', it was the one I was looking forward to the most. Ironically they were Invisible!! There is a Them that could see and only us who couldn't - see what I did there!

I was so happy to have made it there and to be so close to the main stage. I watched Larry - a lot!! He is so sexico the man is a god lol...

They looked so happy waving to the crowd at the end, it felt like a real privilege to see them, they are truly magnificent and unique. I just love them to bits. The best birthday present ever!

Thank you U2, it's been a tough few years for me, truly heartbreaking, I held out for you and it has been the highlight amid great sadness in my life. I know this sounds mushy and maybe it's part of the post show euphoria but your songs have enriched my life since I was a young teen, they are a part of me. A light that never goes out xxxx (one for each of you)
xx (extra's for Larry :x) 

So happy I went to 2 gigs instead of one. Again, last night was utterly astonishing. I was worried that it might not be that different from night 1, but when they started playing Gloria I knew that I hadn't wasted my money. Getting Desire and Party Girl was great too, and Bad/40, oh my goodness...one of the most powerful things I've ever witnessed at a gig. The differences didn't just come in terms of the setlist, they came in terms of the little things - Bono singing a snippet of Hold Me Close by David Essex, talking about just crazy it was for 4 men to arrive at a giant building with trucks full of gear, and then bare their souls in front of 20,000 people for 6 nights...things like that. Also quite proud, as a student studying in Brighton, that the girl Bono pulled onstage for the Meerkat broadcast came from Worthing, which is really close by - representing the Sussex U2 fanbase! 

Also, towards the end of UTTEOTW in amongst all the torn-out book pages falling from the rafters, I managed to catch this page from Alice in Wonderland. Looking at what's on the page, I thought it fitted strangely well with the thematic elements of the show. It makes me wonder: did they rip the pages out at random or did they deliberately pick particular pages with words that fitted into the tour's context? Either way, it's nice to have this little souvenir to keep with me. What a night. 

12191583_1080755085292828_35028680596390

Pooh I got some too Pete, Alice in Wonderland:) indeed I was!

Pooh?? That was pooh ...ooooh originally lol

Lovely review Pete, I wish I'd gone last night for those very tracks you mentioned. And yes I totally agree with the bearing their souls, it really did feel like that, I was in awe and ( I was going to say this bit in my review but thought it may sound odd) I felt a huge sense of pride, they were in their late teens when I began my U2 fandom, I was in my early teens just a few years younger, can really relate to the 70's/80's kinda life, a different time, different 'rules', a kinda angst - odd thing to say perhaps - when I see them now, grown men, good guys, family men, for some reason I just feel great pride in the and at how far we have all come.

Tho Bono in particular, I can still see that fiery teen bursting to get out in him, to this date, he still has that fire in his belly. I love watching him drawing the crowd in, he's still got it, that incredible presence and a voice that has to be heard.

Amazing four men made some sense out of the world for this teen now middle aged woman!

Here's the piece security guard gave me, I think he thought we were a bit mad wanting bits off paper off the floor!! Did anyone get the paper airplane? So wanted that!!

post-288574-0-66131400-1446651267_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this