Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Glasgow Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Reviews & Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • The Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Gloria
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad
    • "40"

Where you there in any of these nights?

Which were you highlights?

Please share your impressions (either if you were there or if you were following the shows online), your photos and your videos with the community...

P1070727.jpg

What seems to be standing out is how happy and relaxed they are and just how good the sound is, impeccable. There seems to be so much love and mutual appreciation between the band and their audience. It's great to see and hear. How lucky we are that our favourite band is still out there creating great new music and fantastic, visually stunning shows almost 40 years into their careers. Staggering achievement. Beanie hats off to them I say :D

What seems to be standing out is how happy and relaxed they are and just how good the sound is, impeccable. There seems to be so much love and mutual appreciation between the band and their audience. It's great to see and hear. How lucky we are that our favourite band is still out there creating great new music and fantastic, visually stunning shows almost 40 years into their careers. Staggering achievement. Beanie hats off to them I say :D

I so agree!

Just came here to read some reviews, missed the stream last night although was following tweeter and it soundes it was a superb night!

I can't write a review...Just Happy and still HIGH with U2-Power-Lust from last night...Happy there IS this MIXLR.....it's a MIracle..thanks for the crystal clear sound, Matt !!!!!!!!!!

Outside...it's the Miracle !!!

We run..we run...into the arms of the Miracle !!!!

I am still buzzing from last night.

For the last week, I've been tweeting to @u2 asking them to play Gloria and 40.  

I had seen them 16 times - 1st was Leeds on Zooropa in 1993 and last one before yesterday was Rome in 2010.  I had never seen them play either song, probably the only two left on my "bucket list".  I knew from all the setlists so far in Europe that the pattern meant we were unlikely to get those songs, but I tried anyway.  

This was my only show of this tour, compared to 7 on 360, though I got married and had children in-between!  It would have been awesome for them to pull out those songs for the 2nd Glasgow gig, so I tried.  Very nicely, tweeting pretty much everyday this week, asking gently if they could please include Gloria and 40 on Saturday night in Glasgow.

I have no idea whether anyone in the U2 organisation would have seen my tweets.  I'm sure they get 1000s of notifications and don't read everything.

I have no idea whether anything like this would ever be passed onto the band.

I have no idea whether they would ever act on something like this.

But they did play those songs and it WAS a rare setlist, particularly in a city which only got two shows.  

I went explosively nuts when Larry started the drum intro to Gloria!  Regardless of whether anyone could have influenced the setlist, let alone me and my tweets, it was an incredible pleasure to see and hear them play those songs for the first time live.  I will always remember that experience.  It was an outstanding gig anyway - the energy in the room was incredible - but this was the icing on the cake.

Thanks U2 for making this fan's night.

Awhhh

There may also be U2-Unagi at work

Twilight as the #2  and I fall Down on the #Rarities slot !!!!

Came away from Friday's gig think they can't possibly top that,how wrong was I.saturday night the band took it to another level.

And I'm sure the band enjoyed themselfs just as much as the crowd,

U2 outstanding once again,it's true the older they get the better they get.

Let's hope for a stadium tour in the summer.

Was at both Glasgow shows. Saturday was the best U2 show ever. Was speechless after the show - which is unusual for me as those who know me can agree with! Happiness, tears, completely blown away. I stood for the whole show in GA on crutches - i am covered in bruises from doing that but i dont care - i was offered a seat but said no. Shared it with the most amazing friends. Cannot put into words what the night meant to me and everyone else who was there. 

Sounds like glasgow2 was amazing, great to read:D

It was so amazing. I wish there was cameras as we left to record the happy happy faces of us all 

Amazing show. No surprise to see so many people hail it as best of tour. Just a great vibe and great venue - everyone up for it and thoroughly enjoying a band in its prime. What a show!

To get Gloria, October, Bad and 40 was incredible. "Shine like stars...." was the cherry on the cake. The party atmosphere just cranked up with Desire, Angel, MW and EBTTRR.

Incredible. Can they top this in Belfast and Dublin? Gonna be fun seeing them try....!

took a few snaps at the Glasgow shows, know buzz all about photography, luckily bumped into Matt from U2gigs who kindly set up the camera I had for me.

2 great shows, crowd gave it all back in spades..

Some from The Miracle of Joey Ramone from Glasgow 2

P1070715.jpg

P1070699.jpg

P1070714.jpg

Dear BW, I hope I didn't make you deaf with my screaming when I heard the beginning of Bad and 40 :lol:

Dear BW, I hope I didn't make you deaf with my screaming when I heard the beginning of Bad and 40 :lol:

enjoyed very much bouncing next to you Monica during Streets & Pride. Thanks for the hug too :) Banshee screaming is unavoidable at time like these...

enjoyed very much bouncing next to you Monica during Streets & Pride. Thanks for the hug too :) Banshee screaming is unavoidable at time like these...

Were you North side on the rail beside Red Zone on night 1?

Edited by spongebob

After two brilliant shows watched from North side Red Zone, one thing has slightly been playing on my mind, we were on the rail at the very end of the stage and Adam was over chewing his gum and smiling at us a whole lot, Bono came over and done his ' c'mon' thing a few times but Edge never once in the two shows moved anywhere near us.

Now i realise for the most part he has to be beside his pedals but Im sure in some of the earlier concerts in the US he went walk about up round the back of the stage and down the other side. He also didn't seem to be interacting with Bono much? This could just be down to my view of the concerts being so far away.......or maybe he is just getting tired ? Anyone else remember if he ever comes over to Adams side? .....Im probably just speaking crap  :(  :D

No you're not...Watching the latest videos of Edge on tour, he looks bored....Even Angry at times but I don't know why....He's the Night-Owl of the band, the man of steel, the space-walker....So not tired...more like upset about something !!!!

No you're not...Watching the latest videos of Edge on tour, he looks bored....Even Angry at times but I don't know why....He's the Night-Owl of the band, the man of steel, the space-walker....So not tired...more like upset about something !!!!

Yes he looked almost like he was not happy about something?  Also the two radio interviews they did in London the other week were Bono and Larry and Bono and Adam hmmmmmm Maybe Bono machine washed his favourite beenie and stretched it?  :lol:

Were you North side on the rail beside Red Zone on night 1?
if you're referring to me yes, corner front rail with red Zone

Sign in to follow this