Sign in to follow this  
Amrit

U2 at O2 London Thursday 29th Compliant

Dear all,

Some of you may have ready my earlier post about being pulled out of the queue and made to wait because the fan at the front of queue did not recognise me and said I did not have a number.on my hand that he gave out.  I have formally logged a compliant to the O2 event management team on the manner in which the queue was managed by the official security staff.  I actually queued for 7 hours with my friends (with fans behind me confirming that I'd been there from the morning). However, yes I  did jump the queue as I arrived after my friends. My 2 friends had informed the fan giving numbers that I was arriving late and had OK'd this with the people around them. I thought this was how the U2 community worked?

I found the fan who checked numbers to be arrogant and little rude to many people - you might have been one of them who missed your number because he crossed you off the list?   If you want to enforce your own system  as fans then be fair and consistent and tell people that you cannot hold a space for another person. A number of people did move up the queue.

I was also shocked at a small number of fans who gathered around to point fingers and complain that I had jumped the queue. A few people had done the same - I assume with approval from others but I had been queuing for over 7 hours and had not in my view jumped the queue. Indeed, I was actually very reluctant to move up the queue but my friends who were in the next aisle said they'd cleared it. I actually ended up right next to the rail inside the arena after going in after my friends. My original entry point in the queue was only a little behind where my friends were.

The event management team at the O2 venue  have confirmed that it is not their responsibility to issue unofficial numbers. They have apologized for taking the action they did and are conducting an investigation. So if you were the fan pointing fingers at me on the 29th, take some time to think about how you reacted to others - especially if they thought they had permission to join the queue. 

I won't be queuing at another U2 concert. After following them for over 25 years and always queuing, I think I'll leave the queuing out for future concerts. 

Good job it wasn't MSG they probably would of hit you on the head with a baton.

It is very frustrating when things like that happen, then if you make a scene, it's all your fault,  :angry:  :angry:

just for your info it is complaint, compliant means they did things right  ;)

Sign in to follow this