Sign in to follow this  
monica martino

White out Belfast Nov 18

This Wednesday, U2 are performing in Belfast for the first time in 18 years. It will also be their first show since the attacks in Paris. Belfast has its own history of terror and violence, so it seems like the right time and place to make a statement in the name of peace, love and music and pay our respect to the victims of terror and violence all around the world.

Thus we plan to #whiteoutbelfast

Wear something white if you can and most importantly wave something white, like a napkin, tissue, piece of cloth or paper, when U2:

1) Enter the stage

2 Play Raised by Wolves

3) Play Sunday Bloody Sunday

4) Play One (they don't always play One)

And please spread the word on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtags #whiteoutbelfast and #u2ietour

If you need a short link for the event, you can share this: http://on.fb.me/1Ny2QSr

post-351481-0-32382000-1447614672_thumb.jpg

Spread the word! I posted an article on it over at U2Gigs; hope that helps to give it greater visibility. Will keep tweeting it out too. Anyone posted about it on the @u2 forums, interference, u2start, etc?

12240954_10153238688478317_8053455762659

Hey guys...I am sort of co-piloting this movement with Connie Westergaard (the creator and the one who came up with this idea. I wanted to thank you all for supporting the cause and helping to spread the word! This has been a whirlwind experience for us!

From here forward here is everything you need:

Get official printable A4 signs and profile pictures here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7ZJu1RtbkQBU0VHNjJGV3c1Snc&usp=sharing

These are A4 size signs so they will not be prohibited at the arena. If you bring anything larger there's a chance you might not be able to bring it in. Check with the SSE Arena about security protocol and expect that after the horrible events in Paris, security my be tight...understandably.

Get your official #whiteoutbelfast shirts here-

Free Delivery by December 1st..if you want it earlier there will be shipping options.

Again, if you are going to the concert or are in/near Belfast you can have the shirt made locally here: http://kopy-right.com/

I'm concentrating my efforts in pushing this cause on Twitter and Facebook, so you can find me there! (@geanbean83//Twitter Gina Cloe Ringle//Facebook

Let's White Out Belfast!!

CT80dhMWoAE4GGP.jpg
Edited by shinelikestarsgirl

What about white balloons? I was fortunate enough to see U2 in Stade de France on the 360 tour. The French fans were all waving white balloons as the band came on stage. Have never found out why though. Any large chain sell white balloons in bulk?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHAwSTffuQ

That sounds really cool, but I don't think that will be permitted into the arena. Plus, I would have to believe that it would block people's view.

Well the idea would be to wave them as Bono comes on to Miracle, their first song since playing Paris rather than repeatedly throughout the gig. As someone on Facebook posted, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Raised by Wolves have their own meanings and causes. I wouldn't know the Odyssey's policy on balloons. I'll be there on Wednesday wearing something white nonetheless.

It's going to be an amazing night, can't wait to see the vids tomorrow!

It's going to be an amazing night, can't wait to see the vids tomorrow!

Yes sure its gonna be Awesome and I want to thank EveryOne #strongerthanfear

U2IEParis I

U2IEParisBercy

Thank you to ALL of the U2ers who made #whiteoutbelfast such a huge success. Connie and I have been overwhelmed at the response and, for me at least, it still hasn't sunken in yet. Its all very surreal. You sounded amazing tonight in Belfast..I wish that I could have been there with you. But to all of the fans who were even a tiny part of supporting White Out Belfast, you have my love and respect. You have proven again that U2 fans are the best in the world. Your voices were heard tonight. You were, and are, #strongerthanfear

post-690913-0-10626000-1447890142_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this