Sign in to follow this  
zoocelt

Ticket availability - Belfast gigs

In my opinion the ticket prices have been way to expensive for this tour.  Fans will pay the prices being asked but people with a lesser interest or curiosity were put off by the cost..  I cant speak for the North or the rest of the world but the Republic is just coming out of an awful recession, many people still aren't feeling the benefits of the recovery and so spending up to €200 on a U2 ticket is not a priority or even an option for many.

Very fair point. I suppose being so close to Christmas doesn't help either.

I wonder maybe also did people maybe just assume it would sell out and not even bother trying for tickets?

But, yeah, prices are a bit high - especially for a small catchment area around Belfast. Putting on the same show in London or other big cites as they have isn't a problem because there's going to be a percentage of people who can afford to go and naturally that percentage translates into thousands in a major city but not so much in Belfast and the greater area.

Folks, I'm a big fan, but I think 175 for a concert ticket (without any extras) is just too dear.

Would suggest there were a load of unsold £175  tickets, as I know at least two people who were moved to top seats, as their original seats had been "withdrawn".

Sign in to follow this