Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Belfast Shows 1 And 2 #U2ieTour Reviews + Comments Thread

What Was Your Favourite Song(s) Of Each Night?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite song(s) of Show 1? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • The Electric Co.
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Elevation
    • The Sweetest Thing
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One
  2. 2. Your favourite song(s) of Show 2? Please choose up to 3 (three) songs...

• The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    • Out of Control
    • Vertigo
    • I Will Follow
    • Iris (Hold Me Close)
    • Cedarwood Road
    • Song For Someone
    • Sunday Bloody Sunday
    • Raised By Wolves
    • Until The End Of The World
    • Invisible
    • Even Better Than The Real Thing
    • Mysterious Ways
    • Desire
    • Angel of Harlem
    • Every Breaking Wave
    • October
    • Bullet The Blue Sky
    • Zooropa
    • Where The Streets Have No Name
    • Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    • With Or Without You
    • City Of Blinding Lights
    • Beautiful Day
    • Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad
    • "40"

Great story Matthiou. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get your flag back, but if not, at least you have your memories. Thanks for coming to Belfast.

My French Flag on stage at Belfast on 19 November 2015 !!!! (but lost for the good cause... :))

I was with a friend in Belfast on the 19 November 2015, almost 2 weeks ago already! That was my 16th concert of the band since the first one I attended in Paris (hippodrome de Vincennes) on 26th of June... 1993! I absolutely wanted to see a concert of this tour in Ireland, aiming first at Dublin's venue, but I could "only" get tickets for Belfast. That was actually a great opportunity to discover a new city, as I already experienced the band in 2009 at Croke Park. After a quite long trip summing up train to Francfort airport + plane to Dublin + bus to Belfast, we could make it on time to get our MGZ ticket at the desk around 18:00. I was actually not expecting to be so close to the stage! We were early enough to make some irish friends while waiting for the show (and having a few beers), discovering some unknown things from the country. While the concert was about to start, I took my French flag out of my pocket, with the intention to honor the memory of the victims of the attacks in Paris 6 days before (I am French). A security guy came to inform that the policy for the night was no flag... which made me a bit sad. Anyway. Then the concert started and I could enjoy one of the best experience ever, since I had never been so close to the band. I had always been in stadium, far away from the stage. What a unique experience already!!! Then, while we were approaching the end  of the concert, U2 started to play "City of Blinding Lights", and at the same the concert hall was lighted in Blue, White and Red, a reference to France and the recent sad events. My Irish neighbors (and new friends) invited to wave my French flag, which sounded quite fair. As we were very close to the stage, Bono could see us... and here it comes: he asked to get my French flag on stage, which he got! He even played Bad with my flag on his heart.... I can tell that I had never been so proud... pictures and videos will be kept forever on my side for remembering this moment.

My only regret is that the security did not let me get the flag back after the concert. My dream would have been to gather it, but I have not found any way to get my dream become true, since there is no way to write directly to the band... I now hope that this message will get at some point in the hands of Bono or one of his mates...

Matthiou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwOn8Cd4x38

Hi Matthiou,

I was standing in front of you in that section MZG section. I did not realise Bono was looking for the flag at that time and thought he was pointing at me to come up on stage. The next thing your flag was passed over my shoulder and so my dream was dashed. But the French flag deserved to be onstage more than I did lol.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to N.Ireland and Belfast.

Marty

Sign in to follow this