Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2015/2016 Subscribers Offer - Discussion Thread

UPDATE 30th Jan 2016 : new subscription offer posted with more details here : http://www.u2.com/news/title/iconic

As people have noticed a bit earlier on the U2.com http://www.u2.com/help page there have been some updates as to the 2015-2016 subscribers offer. Emails are going out now I believe, so keep checking your inbox for further details and this is where we can discus, ask questions etc..

Wow that's good news, thumbs up for the team!

Hopefully they learned their lessons from this for the future so they will do the renewal announcement every year on the same date! (January)

It would be much easier for all of us if we new in advance when the new subscription gift will be announced, so when they do it on the same date every year, they avoid a lot of problems and confusing with fans who don't know if they should wait or should renew.

Edited by Lobmans

Fair enough! 

Yesterday found a kinda gift from a local library, some books given away and there it was

U2 Far Away So Close (by Bp Fallon)

a perfect timing

maybe I'll rip off the cover and put it on my wall ;)

Got my email this morning. My subscription was due to expire tomorrow (although I have already renewed). If I understand the email correctly they are effectively giving anyone with a renewal date between October 2015 and January 2016 an extension on their membership so that could be up to 3 - 4 months !!! I think that is extremely generous. Please pass on thanks to the team

As people have noticed a bit earlier on the U2.cm http://www.u2.com/helppage there have been some updates as to the 2015-2016 subscribers offer. Emails are going out now I believe, so keep checking your inbox for further details and this is where we can discus, ask questions etc..

Thanks very much for your help bigwave, got an email yesterday.  

*wonder what's on the horizon for the next resub ' gift'*

I got the e-mail too.... Hoping for some CD and/or FLAC download of the *POP* -outtakes or demos - album .... A fan can dream !

post-288312-0-40588800-1368016398_thumb.jpg

That's a great News for Us ...  the Horizon group :wub:  :wub: :wub:   

U2WorldService cards

[

Has any info come out with regards to 2016 subscription package?  Last info sent out was that there will be announcements in January.  They had extended my subscription to end of January and I need to renew now but don't want the existing subscription offers.

thanks for everyone's patience, this topic now unarchived (which happens when 28 days go by without a post). We are expecting news as promised in U2.com email back in November, before 31st Jan, so hang tight...

The site will probably crash if everyone (or most of us) re-subscribes on the same day.

The site will probably crash if everyone (or most of us) re-subscribes on the same day.

You can almost guarantee the site will crash!!  :lol:  

Given it's now weekend, I doubt we'll hear anything till Monday at the earliest (I assume those in charge don't work weekends & keep to normal business hours ie: Monday - Friday). 

Yep - my expiry data has been reset to 31 Jan 2017 - result :)

2017????

I'm January 2017 too........Long story short, I had issues renewing in December 2004 (along with many others) & an extension was given to mid March 2005, when the tickets were going on sale for that tour. Still unable to renew with tickets going on sale 3 days later & panicking over my sub status, I contacted Principle Management (Cecilia was very professional & efficient), who reported the issue but extended me to December 2005 so I could take part in the pre-sale with my correct sub status. I was told I would still have to pay once the renewal issue was fixed, so I would get that year's gift. A few days later, I was able to renew & duly got the gift but my subscription always looked like I was a year ahead. I still renewed every year after that to make sure i got each gift. Now I can't renew at all, no option showing. So whilst my sub status is safe till January 2017, I doubt I'll get the 2016 gift unless I can pay my annual subscription. I've reported it but Live Nation Entertainment or Fan Fire (whoever runs things these days) say I have renewed,( which I've not) yet my unused 25% coupon expires 1st Feb 2016!! Maybe I've confused their systems.......it's not exactly difficult to do it seems  :wacko:

Yep - my expiry data has been reset to 31 Jan 2017 - result :)

2017????

I'm January 2017 too........Long story short, I had issues renewing in December 2004 (along with many others) & an extension was given to mid March 2005, when the tickets were going on sale for that tour. Still unable to renew with tickets going on sale 3 days later & panicking over my sub status, I contacted Principle Management (Cecilia was very professional & efficient), who reported the issue but extended me to December 2005 so I could take part in the pre-sale with my correct sub status. I was told I would still have to pay once the renewal issue was fixed, so I would get that year's gift. A few days later, I was able to renew & duly got the gift but my subscription always looked like I was a year ahead. I still renewed every year after that to make sure i got each gift. Now I can't renew at all, no option showing. So whilst my sub status is safe till January 2017, I doubt I'll get the 2016 gift unless I can pay my annual subscription. I've reported it but Live Nation Entertainment or Fan Fire (whoever runs things these days) say I have renewed,( which I've not) yet my unused 25% coupon expires 1st Feb 2016!! Maybe I've confused their systems.......it's not exactly difficult to do it seems  :wacko:

Exactly the Same here - one year ahead , except  my reason is that  I DID order U22 twice in December 2011 and July 2012 (and received it, of course...back then you were allowed to renew as many times as you wanted).....  In conclusion : We should get a renew button too ...

Edited by pain_18_

I just checked my account and it looks like the expiration date has been extended until February 16th -

LOGIN NAME
danielct
DISPLAY NAME (Your Community Name)
DanielCT
EMAIL STATUS
Verified
ACCOUNT ACTIVE UNTIL
16 February 2016