Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2015/2016 Subscribers Offer - Discussion Thread

Just renewed my membership for $40,- with the lithographs. I think they're pretty awesome.

Expire date is set to 16 February 2017.

The prints look good to me so i'll be paying up, i'd love the band to release some demos of there songs though, really wanna here how EBW changed in sound throughout the album process! 

THe ENO/LAnois Version of the follow-up to No Line on The Horizon -  Songs of Ascent, i.e.. the extra-tracks from the NLOTH sessions :  EBW, North Star, Winter, SOON plus Glastonbury, Mercy (Long version), A Boy Falls from the Sky (performed by U2), Return of the Stingray Guitar.....If they'd given us a CD of that, I bet the site would've crashed with how many subscribers would have popped up.....I'd even pay $100  for that sort of CD !

Yes i think same thing. When the real gift, a DVD and HBO concert audio CD will be available, it will be delivered to all the fans! It is a gift ....

Lets be fair we aren't renewing because we get a nice little gift, everyone is renewing to ensure they get first dibs on any tour ! So those not renewing beware if a tour gets announced during 2016 for 2017.......just saying as wouldn't want regulars to miss out if they do.

I initially subscribed when the Vertigo Tour was postponed and I thought paying members might find out the dates first. Didn't turn out to be necessary, but kept the membership up since. Keeping my place in the queue is a good reason.

Besides, $40 once a year isn't that bad. I spend double that every fortnight putting fuel in my car.

They gave SOI to 500 Million Itunes Users for FREE and Fan Club Member should pay for those shitty 4 prints? Never ever, i am out

That was one of the things that annoyed me about the SOI release: Not all Apple customers are U2 fans and not all U2 fans are Apple customers.

Very disappointed by the offering this year. They're a band, I'm a fan of their music. So please give me music of some sort. Four photos, I'd rather they just saved the postage and environment and offered me a $30 choice without the photos. I expect there will be a download of the Paris show when the dvd comes out but without them saying anything that's just a guess. Such a let down after the last few years.

Thank you to quickly announce the true gift. If there are only lithographs I would be very disappointed. Too bad because the reimbursement is impossible ...

Is it wrong that I'm now amused by the complaining? There are people who hate the gift, or something else, every year & this year appears no different = never ending cycle... lighten up people

Regarding music, they did say we can expect to receive music downloads throughout the year in the description.

PS, love the gift myself. Can't wait to receive them

When someone like to have those pics than think about buying them on ebay or sth. I don't think you will pay more than about 10-15€. A month ago I bought the Marquee-Vinyl for 12€ on ebay.

When someone like to have those pics than think about buying them on ebay or sth. I don't think you will pay more than about 10-15€. A month ago I bought the Marquee-Vinyl for 12€ on ebay.

On the Other hand "Medium, Rare and Remastered" is 250 pounds on Amazon, but then again, that's a much more HQ-gift !!!

On the Other hand "Medium, Rare and Remastered" is 250 pounds on Amazon, but then again, that's a much more HQ-gift !!!

WTF !!! Who will buy this CD at this price?

It might be listed at £250.00 but it won't sell for that...I have seen it frequently on record store websites for £25.00 or less.

I think the most expensive one from the memberships gifts is Hasta La Vista, I have seen that go several times for nearly £90-£100. ZOO used to be expensive until they bundled it in with the U22 premium package and more were around. 

I'm not particularly excited by this year's gift, but the prints are very nice. I'm not complaining. And maybe, who knows, there is more to come later. Anyway, my renewals never depend on the gift.

Edited by Malahide

I'd reconsider renewing just to be one year ahead again, 'cause I love that but I wish there'd be an option to SEND the gift to some other user on here. I don't want it but I really want someone else to have it....  And I'm not talking about gifting a subscription.......I think you get what I'm saying..........Anyway.....I might  renew ,  if anyone on here wants this gift, please PM me.....Hope it's OK I typed this here, Mich.

Renew pain_18_ you know it makes sense ;0). I renewed back end of last year before prints were announced. I still would have renewed had i known what the this years deal is ... i like the waves n wolves print thats great ... the others are just good ... a music deal would have been more popular me thinks.

Renew pain_18_ you know it makes sense ;0). I renewed back end of last year before prints were announced. I still would have renewed had i known what the this years deal is ... i like the waves n wolves print thats great ... the others are just good ... a music deal would have been more popular me thinks.

HI Josh !! I love the waves print too but for the love of God I have nowhere to place that beauty.....Sadly.............I'll renew in a few weeks I guess and keep the gift until I'll have a big-enough home to put the framed posters to good use, in about 50 years or smth , thanks for interacting.......

I'd reconsider renewing just to be one year ahead again, 'cause I love that but I wish there'd be an option to SEND the gift to some other user on here. I don't want it but I really want someone else to have it.... And I'm not talking about gifting a subscription.......I think you get what I'm saying..........Anyway.....I might renew , if anyone on here wants this gift, please PM me.....Hope it's OK I typed this here, Mich.

you can easily do putting in shipping address your name c/o someone's else name and address

I had mine last year shipped to my sister's office and worked ok

Pain_18

c/o Mr x y

Street address

Town zip code

Country

Edited by monica martino

I'd reconsider renewing just to be one year ahead again, 'cause I love that but I wish there'd be an option to SEND the gift to some other user on here. I don't want it but I really want someone else to have it.... And I'm not talking about gifting a subscription.......I think you get what I'm saying..........Anyway.....I might renew , if anyone on here wants this gift, please PM me.....Hope it's OK I typed this here, Mich.

you can easily do putting in shipping address your name c/o someone's else name and address

I had mine last year shipped to my sister's office and worked ok

Pain_18

c/o Mr x y

Street address

Town zip code

Country

Hi Monica !!!  So My Username and everything stays the same except my "new" full name and Billing and Shipping Info for a year, without affecting my real account, so you say this really works???  'Cause if it does then I'm advising someone who wants the gift to stand up and say it !!!  I have no flesh and bones U2 friends so (to be clearer: everyone around me hates U2 or doesn't even care they exist....or confuse them with an auto-route name or the plane or some world-war-II vehicle or the Berlin Zoo Station Underground-train-line-).......

No no nothing will change

You won't have anything new

Simply when you fill in shipping form you put everything as I wrote you

Billing address will be the old/actual one (you can't change that of course)

Address in your profile won't change

Your real and nickname and user will be the same

Billing address and shipping address can be different

Just be careful if after a while you order something in the shop to put again your personal shipping address

Edited by monica martino

Just be careful if after a while you order something in the shop to put again your personal shipping address

Thank you so much, Monica, you're a good friend.......  Alright everyone....I'm waiting for PMs !!!   It would be easy if it were only one request and someone I already know, though.......... Note :   In my PM I want ones' REAL name and REAL address, otherwise  it will be just a bad experience for both of us.

Edited by pain_18_

I am really not interested in this "gift".I might re-suscribe for tickets.It will be a last day decision.