Sign in to follow this  
allad1nsane00

Ne me quitte pas (Dublin Withdrawel)

Should probably post this elsewhere but I know for a fact those of us who just spent the week in Dublin, or part of it, from all over the world, got to bear witness to some extraordinary events last week. Concentration is very difficult but the love I felt from meeting new friends and old, the camaraderie, the shows, the interaction with the guys in the band, all of it -- you just can't explain it to someone if you weren't there. And I have a new level of appreciation for every man in that band just from a few little interactions and actions on their parts. At  the heart of all of this I think is the fact is probably the most obvious -- this band is about affirming the power of love and life over all other contenders. Never have I felt that as deeply as I have this past week, despite having seen many many other shows over the year.

Just saying what I suspect many are feeling today and wanted to give a huge global hug and thanks to the incredible fan community, and the band. The Jacques Brel song has been in my head all day...

Ne me quitte pas
Il faut oublier
Tout peut s'oublier
Qui s'enfuit deja
Oublier le temps
Des malentendus
Et le temps perdu
A savoir comment
Oublier ces heures
Qui tuaient parfois
A coups de pourquoi
Le coeur du bonheur