Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alma1

What music are you listening to part 4

Can hardly believe I watched that whole thing Chris, but I did. It kept my interest, even tho I thought some aspects were kind of bizarre. (I liked the tune, vibe, the setting / scenery.) I've heard of Gorillaz but don't know much about it. Glad to know more about it now.

Part of it seems to allude to the spirit world, btw - when it looks like dark spirits arise (maybe referring to the Grim Reaper bec the officer is unhealthy & maybe dies?).

Was thinking about this yesterday: sometimes a person can like or love a song but not be crazy about the video. Will post the song below that had me thinking about that.

I just love  the song and the Landscapes in the video, the cars and the WAY the characters are drawn, including the spirits.....and of course Bruce Willis !!! I'm not looking for deeper meanings or for meanings at all.... Anyway, I get what you're saying, video kills your own imagination, I posted this version bc it's the most HD version I could find , I, myself prefer the audio instead of the video....the video usually kills the listeners imagination.....It kind of MAKES you interpret the song the way the band or the artists who shot the video want to....

PS :  I can't talk about spirits//souls//God.....I can't understand or cope with those concepts......I'm totally puzzled !!!!

PPS :  I don't think dark spirits come after you if you eat donuts, burgers and drink coffee or other stuff.... I think it's a Medieval kind of thinking....I thought we were out of those times....The idea is that there are a LOT of things we can't explain or understand and we must accept it's OK for it to be that way...And that in order to sustain our form of existence in this world, we gotta eat, sleep (one can't take the reality head on for the full 24 hrs, that is very very interesting...hence the reality is such a bad thing, you can't take it, this I CAN understand....I can't take it even in the rest of the day !!!) breathe- we have organic necessities, material desires, bc this world is constructed in such a manner, we must accept the material......And of course, life mostly sux and then u die,....

I love the Landscape in that vid too, Chris! And I can see that u understand what I mean about songs & videos.

(Btw, regarding human souls, as I understand from things I've read, documentaries, & my own personal spiritual experiences, there's a place where physics & metaphysics meet, & have to do w/aspects of reality usually unseen by the human eye. By "personal spiritual experiences," I don't mean I've seen a ghost, btw. One thing that can last is energy. It seems to me a person's soul/spirit has something to do w/ a person's consciousness/mind - plus an energy & who-knows-what-else that we don't fully comprehend, but I think it's something that can exist after the body that human eyes can see is gone.) Blah blah blah, right? Chuckles!

Was about to post a different song & vid, but 1st: mentioning the human eye made me think of this from the Canadian band 'Tragically Hip.' I luv this song & video. The 1st 53 seconds speaks about vision, but not just the kind we're used to w/ human eyes (or w/ adult, jaded eyes I guess).

https://youtu.be/5Ost6Eupxss

Chris, if I ever win the lottery (even tho it's very rare that I play it) maybe I'll share some w/ u just so there'll be 1 less person in the world whose experience is that life mostly sux & then u die.

(I didn't mean dark spirits come after a person as a punishment for eating donuts, LoL! I meant maybe the character in the video is unhealthy because he eats bunches of donuts & dies from a heart attack or some such. I personally do believe in the spirit world. It's true that some people are just superstitious or in medieval thinking, etc, but my way of thinking isn't from that. I'm highly educated & well-read, etc, & I respect science & even love it, but 1 valid way of knowing things is thru direct experience, so...) ANYways...

Yeah, nothing beats personal experience...The fact is I love to believe in magic (especially the magic of the forest and of my memories), although I know there's a part of me telling myself that it might not exist......I just don't like the way Gods (including the Christian God) are presented.......I want to believe reality isn't that evil and cruel but it sadly is, that's why I'm trying to only take the Magic out of it and live in a parallel world as much as I can : Music, Art, reading, Films, cartoons.......Before death.   I'm very aware that death can come at anytime for whoknows what reasons, stuff beyond our control......And that we're just dust in the wind....after all no-one came back to reassure us death isn't permanent and that we won't fade away into nothingness......

This is the song that had me thinking yesterday about songs that a person loves or likes but doesn't like the music-video for (or likes the vid a lot less).

If a person closes their eyes & just hears this song w/out the video, I think it's more likely they'll like the song & appreciate it. I really like this song, but even though the video is creative & well-done, the video, to me, has too many bizarre elements, has too much going on, & doesn't seem to have anything to do w/ the song, & a lot of it distracts & detracts from the music. (To each his own, but I can't stand the cookie planet or moon for ex, Lol.)

Yeah, nothing beats personal experience...The fact is I love to believe in magic (especially the magic of the forest and of my memories), although I know there's a part of me telling myself that it might not exist......I just don't like the way Gods (including the Christian God) are presented.......I want to believe reality isn't that evil and cruel but it sadly is, that's why I'm trying to only take the Magic out of it and live in a parallel world as much as I can : Music, Art, reading, Films, cartoons.......Before death.   I'm very aware that death can come at anytime for whoknows what reasons, stuff beyond our control......And that we're just dust in the wind....after all no-one came back to reassure us death isn't permanent and that we won't fade away into nothingness......

It occurs to me Chris that for some people, the idea of angels, Jesus, & God must seem like no more than the parts of that 'Tonight' video I posted w/ bizarre sky-beings just saying "Believe. Believe in me. Believe."  But I've seen too much in documentaries & read too much, etc, so I don't think we all just stop existing when our body dies. For ex, u know how there's a difference between 'atheist' and 'militant anti-theist,' right? Well, I've spoken w/ someone who *used to* be militant anti-theist, who used to make fun of people for believing in souls, a spiritual side of life, believing in angels, God etc - until he had a Near Death Experience (NDE) & came back. He says he Knows very differently now - says he was w/God & met Jesus. Now he posts a Lot about angels, Jesus, & God. I've read & seen many people testifying to such experiences & a lot of their accounts have a Lot in common.

P.S. There are also the extra-Terran possibilities to consider. Also, as a Christian, I don't like how God is presented sometimes either. Personally, I live by the New Testament much more than the Old. *Love* others as u love yourself. :)

Near-death experiences might also be just the brain hallucinating according to what it was accustomed to believe before the accident.

AGAIN...I really love MAGIC !!!! But to be so SURE about GOD, Jesus and the "other"-side is something  that  scares me even !!!!!

Near-death experiences might also be just the brain hallucinating according to what it was accustomed to believe before the accident.

AGAIN...I really love MAGIC !!!! But to be so SURE about GOD, Jesus and the "other"-side is something  that  scares me even !!!!!

Well, a militant anti-theist was not accustomed to believe in angels, Jesus, or God before a Near Death Experience.

Jesus was mostly about love. He loved people. I think a world w/out that is what's scary. God knows your heart. Treat others as you'd want them to treat u. :)

You're using bad words like "militant anti-theist" and you're getting aggressive !!!!  I'm not a hateful person or something like that, I'm beginning to think XtraSpicy was right about you !!  Whatever.......Let's just post cool music and  refrain from stuff that's out of our control !   ;)

You're using bad words like "militant anti-theist" and you're getting aggressive !!!!  I'm not a hateful person or something like that, I'm beginning to think XtraSpicy was right about you !!  Whatever.......Let's just post cool music and  refrain from stuff that's out of our control !   ;)

Whoah, Lol, chill dude. That was the term that guy used to describe *himself,* not my term. Who knows, maybe it's a term just here in America.

If my saying that a world w/out love is what I consider scary, & saying "treat others as you'd want them to treat u" is what u consider "getting aggressive," that's Sad. Please try not to 'read into' things I say - such as imagining I think you're hateful. (Not sure if you're talking about someone who was banned from moderating here but as u said - whatever.)

Ironically, b4 reading your last comment, I was just about to post this song. :) (P.S. glad we straightened things out.)

Cris, btw, I like the real forest footage in this video, but I also like the trees that look like artwork & that part reminded me of you drawing trees.

8:54-:57 - especially 8:55 & 8:56: SOME other song (probably of a different band) has a part that sounds Very much like that. It's just a couple of seconds, but I would So like to know what other song has a part that it reminds me of.

cleardot.gif

8:54-:57 - especially 8:55 & 8:56: SOME other song (probably of a different band) has a part that sounds Very much like that. It's just a couple of seconds, but I would So like to know what other song has a part that it reminds me of.

cleardot.gif

I listened to that section again & I'm Not sure, but I think it might be a Stone Temple Pilots song that 8:55 & 8:56 reminds me of! If anyone knows the answer to this, don't hesitate to say.

Fallulah - I Lay My Head

I like that. I love things that are different & unique - and that is! The part w/ the colorful confetti made me smile.

Fallulah - I Lay My Head

The part of the Fallulah vid w/swirling & trees (:43 -1:04, which I really liked btw) reminded me of near the start of this video by a band I LOVE called First Aid Kit:

I. Love. These. Sisters!

First Aid Kit: Love some of their songs, music videos, vibe...

(They hail from Sweden, btw.)

Stay Gold:

cleardot.gif

I listened to that section again & I'm Not sure, but I think it might be a Stone Temple Pilots song that 8:55 & 8:56 reminds me of! If anyone knows the answer to this, don't hesitate to say.

Got it - I remembered! (Had to Think.) The part of a song those 2 seconds remind me of IS in a song by STP:  :06 - :08 in 'Adhesive'! (Adhesive Love.)

This! Great song, but man I also wish this could be re-recorded. (I love it, but it has more potential, too.) I'm not a sound engineer or record producer but I was thinking the voice could've been brought out in front of the instruments a bit more or something.

So I looked thru YouTube comments to see if anyone else thought the same kind of thing, & found someone saying this: "This needs to be redone with a higher bitrate source. The simbalance and sound bleed is very apparent." (Well...maybe? I wish I had music production background & vocab to be conversant in this stuff!) Then I saw a separate comment that made sense as a possibility - I knew that Scott Weiland had had a drug problem, but what the commenter said hadn't occurred to me: bcs of that problem, sometimes his voice wasn't as strong as it was at other times. Still a great song to hear!

(8:55-:56 in the song above reminded me of :06-:08 in the song below.)