Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alma1

What music are you listening to part 4

"Drench yourself in words unspoken."

Natasha Bedingfield - 'Unwritten' (US version).

A song & video I Really like.

"Tryin' to find the magic..."

Natasha Bedingfield - 'These Words.'

For a long time, I didn't realize this song had a non-US-version video. (I kinda hate when that happens, lol.) I loved the US version, but also this one.

(If I had to pick only 1 to be the video for the song, I'd make it the US version, but I love this video too for different reasons.)

Natasha Bedingfield - 'Unwritten' (Non-US version).

Beautiful voice of a gospel singer singing Thankfulness.

Thank you to my 4ever all-time favorite band U2 for letting us fans post, share our love of music, & interact w/ each other. B)

Tasha Cobbs - 'I Love This Place.'

https://youtu.be/NU__ckpj1OY

Hi Alma, I'll take a listen Tuesday night or Wednesday.  Ugh. I have 2 interviews tomorrow for jobs I don't even want. Still need to prepare.   I am so sick of my career history - commercial property insurance.....  I don't like it so much that i'm willing to change my career for an entry-level position in a different field for LOWER salary $$$$....  but then again, who will take a chance with a person like me with no experience in whichever field I choose?  I love Fallulah. She's from Denmark, I think.

Hi Alma, I'll take a listen Tuesday night or Wednesday.  Ugh. I have 2 interviews tomorrow for jobs I don't even want. Still need to prepare.   I am so sick of my career history - commercial property insurance.....  I don't like it so much that i'm willing to change my career for an entry-level position in a different field for LOWER salary $$$$....  but then again, who will take a chance with a person like me with no experience in whichever field I choose?  I love Fallulah. She's from Denmark, I think.

I hope your interviews went well. Some jobs are kind of 'soul-killing' to someone who's meant for something different or would be happier in a different field. I just prayed for u that you'll find your way to something u love. Can't hurt, might help.

I'm posting this song & video for u, Chris, in your situation. For 1 thing, the kid dressing up made me think of u getting ready for an interview. Some parts of Fallulah's music/videos are a different taste from my own, though there are some aspects of them I like, but I love this song & video:

"...be who u can, 'cause u been dreamin' forever & now is your chance...Movin' along..."

Fallulah - I Lay My Head

The part of the Fallulah vid w/swirling & trees (:43 -1:04, which I really liked btw) reminded me of near the start of this video by a band I LOVE called First Aid Kit:

i like this song. It's very soothing and flowing.  Very relaxing.  I also like the violins.  I will post another Fallulah song with violins, or strings, to be correct, I guess.

I. Love. These. Sisters!

First Aid Kit: Love some of their songs, music videos, vibe...

(They hail from Sweden, btw.)

Stay Gold:

love this too, how the video is outside.  My favorite part is the rose turning into the iris at 3:20 or so. 

I hope your interviews went well. Some jobs are kind of 'soul-killing' to someone who's meant for something different or would be happier in a different field. I just prayed for u that you'll find your way to something u love. Can't hurt, might help.

I'm posting this song & video for u, Chris, in your situation. For 1 thing, the kid dressing up made me think of u getting ready for an interview. Some parts of Fallulah's music/videos are a different taste from my own, though there are some aspects of them I like, but I love this song & video:

"...be who u can, 'cause u been dreamin' forever & now is your chance...Movin' along..."

that's a good song, I like the tempo.  Not too crazy about the video, though.  The interviews went ok.  One of them, the guy asked for my references list and he called everyone.  I know because they all called me soon after they hung up with him.  I had quit my job in August (was there for 10 years, experienced bad office politics with my promotion).  Then I had a temp assignment from Sept-Nov. Been with no job since November!!  At this point, I'd take anything, regardless if I like it or not.  I used to work for a carrier (like wholesale of insurance product) but I interviewed with small agencies (marketing/selling insurance).  It's a lot more work and I have to study for my broker license.  Ugh.  Don't have the money to invest in education or certification for other fields right now.

thank you Alma

Been listening to David Bowie again. Btw, I love First Aid Kit too, and I'm proud they are from Sweden :)

IF you listen closely you can hear Adam Clayton's BASS-tribute to Michael Jackson's  Billie Jean .. You can also hear it on the Studio Version IF you have a HQ-version of the song and Good Head-Phones !!!!

De Lux - LA Threshold

'I've seen bands get destroyed (because they're not creative enough). They're not creative enough .We'e not creative enough. We're not smart enough'

Good lyric