http://www.atu2.com/news/bono-to-be-honored--perform-at-charity-gala-on-april-29.html

The We Are Family Foundation, founded by musician/producer Nile Rodgers, will honor Bono at a gala event and concert on April 29 in New York City.

The not-for-profit organization will give Bono its We Are Family Foundation Humanitarian Award, "which honors a person in the public eye who has made tremendous efforts and inroads into making the human condition better throughout the world." Previous award recipients include Sir Elton John, Peter Gabriel, Sting and Trudie Styler and others.

In addition to the awards ceremony and a fund raising auction, the news release says that Bono will perform with Nile Rodgers and CHIC.

It all happens on April 29 at Manhattan Center's Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. The event is open to the public and tickets are on sale now, with prices ranging from $295 to $1,500 per person.

24159709243_fd4e74a145_o.jpg

pain_18_    207

That sounds awesome....Glad the brown hazelish hair is back....I wonder if U2 are still working with Nile Rodgers on SOE !

Anjana    381

Nice pics, esp of Bono.

Are those marimekko swimming shorts Adam has on or just a similar print?!

Anjana    381

Nice thread, kinda like the Larry one Pebs started downstairs only real lol

(Tho in my head I really am looking at destinations with our very own man of steel;)

mich40    71

(Tho in my head I really am looking at destinations with our very own man of steel;)

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

pain_18_    207

He's very private with his life, i.e. photo-posting...I think being on the cover of SOI with his son has exhausted him.....I think his next photo-appearance might be on a corner on the back-cover of SOE or maybe only on the inside booklet....

Edited by pain_18_

mich40    71

He's very private with his life, i.e. photo-posting...I think being on the cover of SOI with his son has exhausted him.....I think his next photo-appearance might be on a corner on the back-cover of SOE or maybe only on the inside booklet....
He really is and I'm impressed with that.

As for our thread in Larryland, it probably should be called, "the LaLas' dream vacation with Larry."

pain_18_    207

As for our thread in Larryland, it probably should be called, "the LaLas' dream vacation with Larry."

Yeah, me too.....I totally understand him.....Haha, Love that  thread-name !

Anjana    381

I can think of ruder versions...

pain_18_    207

Wild guess !!! I think U2 are in the studio recording SOE   right now.....Pretty exciting, huh ??? ^_^

Edited by pain_18_

pain_18_    207

There's a new photo but I can't post it 'cause It's not on Facebook !!!   I hate Instagram !!!

Edited by pain_18_

U2LAWoman    68

This !

2qv6nsx.jpg

This!!!! Love this! All the U2 Instagrams were great today! Thanks for reposting them here Cris!!

Edited by U2LAWoman

Alma1    125

Edge :  TJTNP (The Joshua Tree National Park)

mwtu94.jpg

Chris! You've posted what is now my all-time favorite photo of the JT Nat'l Park I've ever seen! (Out of all pics w/out the band in them.) If I've seen this pic b4, I don't remember. Beautiful!!

And so glad you created this thread, too.

pain_18_    207

Alma, When U2 did the  Johus tree photo shoot, it wasn't in TJTNP....it was in BODIE-CAlifornia (where a part of the album was recorded in a house without utilities near a stream that was running there...) and the main cover-shoot of the JT album was done at Zabriskie Point in the NEvada Desert.....

Edited by pain_18_

pain_18_    207

And the Lonely Joshua Tree is something very rare to see, recounts Anton Corbijn, they got off the bus somewhere along Route-66 and walked through the NEvada Desert (when the album was still called The Two Americas) and when they found that Joshua Tree (now dead) they took some photos of the band with the tree and photos of just the tree.....The  Next day Bono decided the name of the album will be The Joshua Tree.

Edited by pain_18_