Sign in to follow this  
pain_18_

Where In The World are U2 ?

Oooopppss...Speaking of Shuushh.......Maybe ....Listen to Ultraviolet......

The Party may be too crazy to post photos...Maybe some Birthday Hangover Photos tomorrow .....

Edited by pain_18_

BONO AND ADAM ATTEND DUBLIN-MONAGHAN BOMBINGS CEREMONY

@U2, May 17, 2016

By: Fernanda Bottini

8577-m.jpg

A wreath-laying ceremony was organized today by Justice for the Forgotten to mark the 42nd anniversary of the Dublin-Monaghan bombings.

Bono (photo) and Adam attended a remembrance service at the memorial on Talbot Street in Dublin. A floral tribute on behalf of U2 was left there with the note: “Justice for the Forgotten. To all the victims and their families. In our thoughts and prayers on this day. Love, Bono, The Edge, Adam, Larry and Gavin.”

Last year, U2 displayed photos of the victims on the screen during the I+E tour as a background for the song “Raised by Wolves,” written about the 1974 massacre.

Via Atu2

You are indeed blessed U2, Bono. God's in the music, no doubt about it! Really hard to believe that guns and Christians really seem to hold a connection together. I always scratch my head about why it's so important to have a gun and praise the Lord. That seems like the two shouldn't hold true together, but sadly they do. Seems like the right to bear arms in more important than the right to love or hold values of love. Think that's what's wrong with the world..yes..maybe it's my naive positivism speaking again.. ;) But people seem to put more faith in guns than with God.

‪#‎Bono‬ Tells Story of ‪#‎U2‬'s "Bullet The Blue Sky" 

Via Bono Street Team

Wow, Cam - I hadn't seen that video b4. Thanx 4 posting! Americans who considered themselves Christian who supported what Reagan was doing in Central America didn't represent all American Christians. They didn't speak for me (although I'm American & Christian). They represented their own viewpoint.

I understand where Bono was coming from. I don't think his viewpoint was simplistic - I think it is politics that oversimplifies things. In fact politics oversimplifies to the point of polarization - when it comes to important subjects, politics paints life as if there are only 2 opinion-positions to choose from - as if you're either a saint or you're evil - depending on which 'side' a person chooses. Real life isn't like that. Central Americans who were struggling for self-determination, human rights, & food to feed their families found themselves in the middle of 2 polarized extremes - a simplistic paradigm of 'capitalism vs communism.' In the process, a lot of truth & innocent human lives got sacrificed. The American Constitution & American laws were also flouted by some of the American politicians who supported what was going on in Central America.

P.S. Speaking of 'Bullet The Blue..' which is a great song, there are only 2 people in the world who I'd 'take a bullet' for, & Bono's 1 of them (not that I'd want to think of such a thing ever happening, Lord forbid). It's not a celebrity thing & it's not that I think he's a saint - it's for the sake of the good he does. B)

You are indeed blessed U2, Bono. God's in the music, no doubt about it! Really hard to believe that guns and Christians really seem to hold a connection together. I always scratch my head about why it's so important to have a gun and praise the Lord. That seems like the two shouldn't hold true together, but sadly they do. Seems like the right to bear arms in more important than the right to love or hold values of love. Think that's what's wrong with the world..yes..maybe it's my naive positivism speaking again.. ;) But people seem to put more faith in guns than with God.

Hi U2LAWoman! I hear u, but what u speak of is mostly in the south. (I'm Christian & born & raised in the northeast & I live here, & I haven't met any Christians here who think that way.) I've had conversations about it w/a Christian cousin of mine raised in the south who lives there: I think the gun thing started as something left over from the civil war. My cousins & I think in some different ways about it, but I still love 'em  :wub:  & they still love me :wub: .

I'm not defending it when I say this, but I think a fear of "outsiders" coming in & 'telling them what to do' turned into a fear or concern that some day laws might be passed against them being able to practice their religion their way - but then politics & hyper-capitalism (gun manufacturers, etc) took that concern & ran away w/it & made it seem like more of a cause for fear or concern than it really is. Not that I think Christians should use weapons if such a day ever came anyways, which I don't think it ever would. Besides, Jesus didn't let his disciples take up physical weapons even to defend him, so...

Anyways, our constitution speaks of the need for "a" militia, & to me & a lot of other Americans that means one - not a lot of little militias around the country that a bunch of different people make - and the Constitution speaks of the need for "a well-regulated militia" - which to me & a lot of other Americans means the National Guard. Well, that's my 2-cents worth. ^_^  "We need love&peace..Lay down your guns. All u daughters of Zion, All u Abraham sons..Baby don't fight, we can talk this thing thru.."

One of the best performances of 'Bullet The Blue Sky' imho:

Thank you for your post Alma!! I was generalizing a bit there,  there are good people who are Christian and have guns! :) That Bullet video, like the way Edge is holding his guitar like a gun!!! :lol: His weapon of choice!

I definitely think 'Bullet' had a stunning re-birth on the last tour. Never my favourite track off JT from it's inception - it was always the one, as a younger man, that I lifted the needle off the record and skipped to the next track! ( 'Exit' - I think, without checking....could be wrong.lol.)

It did grow on me in subsequent years, but absolutely think it was one of the stand out live performances consistently last year.

Damn - it was intense that night, in a magnificent way!

I definitely think 'Bullet' had a stunning re-birth on the last tour. Never my favourite track off JT from it's inception - it was always the one, as a younger man, that I lifted the needle off the record and skipped to the next track! ( 'Exit' - I think, without checking....could be wrong.lol.)

It did grow on me in subsequent years, but absolutely think it was one of the stand out live performances consistently last year.

Running to Stand Still after Bullet. I lifted the needle too. ;-)

BONO TO APPEAR ON RED NOSE DAY SPECIAL

@U2, May 24, 2016

By: Karen Lindell

8582-m.jpg

Bono will participate in this year's Red Nose Day Special, a TV fundraising entertainment program airing live at 9 p.m. ET Thursday on NBC.

Red Nose Day, run by the nonprofit organization Comic Relief Inc., raises funds for needy children around the world. In the U.K. it has raised more than $1 billion globally over the past 25 years, and was launched last year in the U.S.

Thursday's two-hour TV special will include comedy and music performances, plus short films about kids in need. Yes, wearing a red nose is part of the fun. Perhaps Bono will don one?

He is among 60-plus other celebrity guests scheduled to appear including Elton John, Julia Roberts, Will Ferrell, Blake Shelton, Ellen DeGeneres, Jack Black, Tracy Morgan, Kobe Bryant, Chloë Grace Moretz, Bill Gates, Tyler Perry and Zac Efron.

People are invited to wear red noses and participate in "FUN-raising" Red Nose Day events throughout the day.

Via Atu2

Went to Walgreens and bought my Red Nose on Sunday. I'll wear it out driving. In return, they gave me a free Red Box rental. :D

One of the best performances of 'Bullet The Blue Sky' imho:

Fun fact.. well not that fun but. I clapped my hands so hard that day on BTBS, that I actually dislocated my thumb  :blink:  :lol: had to get an ice pack right after show hahaha #StupidMe

Edited by Madfl3a

Seems they're in Dun Laoghaire....Or were...There was another Autorute photo by Adam........

Edited by pain_18_

Yup. Pic is consistent with other ones taken earlier this year. Probably at Adam's.

Bono tonight was on stage with Bruce Springsteen at Croke Park for Because the night

I picked the wrong night to go FFS