paoladegliesposti

u2 song of the day

If This Isn't GREAT...I don't know what is...

• Like 1

Can’t go through today and not post this. 33 years ago today....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mich40 said:

Can’t go through today and not post this. 33 years ago today....

Good but not Freddie Mercury is it!?!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyo!

28 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Good but not Freddie Mercury is it!?!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyo!

No, but why would I post a Freddie Mercury/Queen video in the U2 Song of the Day Thread? ?

Sod it I will! I care not for rules and protocols! Queen are the only band I regret I was too young to see them live. RIP Freddie!

17 minutes ago, mich40 said:

No, but why would I post a Freddie Mercury/Queen video in the U2 Song of the Day Thread? ?

• Like 1

33 years?  How?  Where?   Why??????   ?  I would not have remembered until after the fact.  Thank you very much, Mich40.  Now I can watch both U2 and Queen from the Live Aid show and remember before this day has ended.  

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 12:09 PM, pain_18_ said:

If This Isn't GREAT...I don't know what is...

Adam's baby blue hat is priceless.  Thanks so much, pain.  It made me both remember and laugh.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, Manohlive said:

Adam's baby blue hat is priceless.  Thanks so much, pain.  It made me both remember and laugh.

Your reaction was confused, pain.  I laughed because I never thought I'd see the day that U2 played a Kmart.  I did not appreciate the cool camp they were doing.  I also think it's funny they are playing in the women's lingerie department.  I can't tell you how much I dreaded seeing my mom head the direction, in whatever department store we were.   It meant I'd be sitting on the bench outside the dressing room and holding her purse.  I was in puberty and hated it.  The only reason I'd do it was because I got bribed with albums.  I knew I'd get a couple for that one.  It's nice to remember Pop as it slowly took form toward the tour.  Loved it.  I saw this live on TV.  I think it was live.  At the time, it made no sense.  Why is U2 playing in a Kmart?  It eventually made sense.  I wish they had to blue light flashing as this certainly was the ultimate special. 

Just love this version - pure (almost) tears. Just reminds of growing up with U2 since the live aid and red rocks teenage years and those that aren't here anymore. Just one band has that effect on me.

• Like 1