paoladegliesposti

u2 song of the day

Just now, yardie said:

my wife is singing in the background and absolutely murders it! 

She must be behind me at my concert experiences too.  Not my wife so I don't have to pretend I'm enjoying it.  (being silly not nasty)    😏

Do we get a second U2 song of the day now that the new tour is official?    If so, I'm choosing the following song because it changed my life:

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I was driving and singing this one all the way home.  It was a seventeen minute slightly off-pitch remix.  This is a much better version.  It's my U2 song for today. 

Landing in this part of the world (west coast for the first time) in a couple of weeks. Bit of CA, Nevada, Arizona (Utah Border) then back to east coast NYC - Slightly excited - bit like what this song and video did for me back in the day, and most years thereafter!😎😉

• Like 1

I watched that video last night, yardie.   It had been a while.  I've been watching live versions or just listening to the studio version off my Joshua Tree cd.  I hope you have safe travels and a great trip.  The border between Utah and Arizona is very beautiful.  Enjoy. 

Bullet the Blue Sky is my U2 song of the day. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for posting the above, Paola.  I was not aware, or forgot, that they did an electric version of The Best Thing.  I'm watching and listening to it right now., 

My U2 song of the day:

I was at this show.  

Edited by Manohlive

Posted (edited)

I forgot he leaves the rosary on the stage.   😂   How could I forget that?  Oh well.   It's sweet to re-remember.  

Edited by Manohlive

I enjoyed that version in fact of ' Best thing...'.!

The Chicago dvd was my first one to see and still it is one of the concerts I enjoy listen to!

That said, my song of the day is :

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

To avoid another edit:  I wanted to post the original black and white circus video which U2 released for All I Want Is You.  Sadly, I cannot find a video of this song, using the studio recording, without it being cut off before the end.  No matter:  All I Want Is You chose itself for me today.

Re: “Reality Bites” - Thanks for posting this video! ‘Didn’t know it existed!! 

• Thanks 1