Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EliezerPOP

'Live In Paris' iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Bluray / DVD

43 posts in this topic

U2 Valencia posted today that U2 maybe launch the Live in Paris Bluray / DVD in june 10. 

It seems to be a compilation with shoots from the 4 recorded concerts.

thanks for the info.  Can I ask something?  A bluray cannot be played in a regular dvd player, right?  We would have to buy a whole new machine just to play the bluray?  That would not be good  :-(   If that is the case, I am not getting it.  I really hope they release a dvd.  

thanks for the info.  Can I ask something?  A bluray cannot be played in a regular dvd player, right?  We would have to buy a whole new machine just to play the bluray?  That would not be good  :-(   If that is the case, I am not getting it.  I really hope they release a dvd.

But regular DVDs can be played on blu-Ray players and they are very inexpensive now.

You can play a DVD in a Bluray player, but not a Bluray in a DVD player.

But I think they plan to release all the formats:

DVD (single and deluxe (?))

Bluray

Digital (itunes)

just have in mind that as of right now there isn't any official news re any DVD/Blu-ray release...

There is a rumor that tomorrow will have an announcement. Bluray/DVD and maybe tour dates... Is just a rumor.

According with U2 Valencia, the announcement was postponed...

From a germany website - http://www.saturn.de/de/product/_u2-u2-innocence-experience-live-in-paris-rock-dvd-2135172.html

Mit „Songs of Innocence“, das 2014 erschien, tourte die irische Rocklegende U2 letztes Jahr über 6 Monate durch Nordamerika & Europa und spielten dabei 61 Shows in über 20 Städten! Das Abschlusskonzert der Tour, das die Band in Paris spielte, können Fans ab sofort als DVD, Blu-Ray (inkl. Bonusmaterial), Deluxe DVD (2 DVDs inkl. Bonusmaterial) und Super Deluxe Box zu Hause live erleben. Die Super Deluxe Box beinhaltet die Deluxe DVD plus Blu-Ray sowie jede Menge exklusive Inhalte: USB-Stick in Glühbirnenform, 64-seitiges gebundenes Buch, individuell nummerierte Dog-Tags, Schablonen-Set (4 Stk.), Postkarten-Set (4 Stk.), Sticker-Set, Anstecker/Buttons (3 Stk.).

So the Super Deluxe Box would include:

- Deluxe DVD plus Blu-Ray and lots of exclusive content

- USB stick bulb-shaped

- 64-page bound book-

- individually numbered Dog tags

- postcard set (4 pcs.)

- sticker set

- buttons / Pins (3 pcs.)

Apparently the super deluxe is 150 euros.Considering the content will cost buttons to produce, it's a rip off.Will stick to the blu ray.

Apparently the super deluxe is 150 euros.Considering the content will cost buttons to produce, it's a rip off.Will stick to the blu ray.

I don't remember the start price in Euros of the 360 Super Deluxe. In dollars I think was 150 USD

why the price difference where you get it from??  $125 US if you get it from the U2.COM website or $300 AUD if you get it from the universal website.  I know there is a currency conversion but double plus!!!   i dont think so!!!

you can get either dvd or blueray or both if you wish ;)

look at the front page woooooooooooohooooooooo! :lol:

why the price difference where you get it from??  $125 US if you get it from the U2.COM website or $300 AUD if you get it from the universal website.  I know there is a currency conversion but double plus!!!   i dont think so!!!

you can get the dvd show really cheap LIKE :wub:

also u2.com seems to be the cheapest around too LIKE :wub:

This is damn good news today! Damn good news. :)

I love Hamish Hamiltons energy too - I'm sure it will shine through on the finished product. To see him with long hair too v 2001- he's gained where I have lost! 

Edited by yardie

Anyone know the reason why the U2.com discount doesn't apply to this product?

The discount coupon has never been applicable to CDs/DVDs. In the email you receive with your discount code:

This coupon is for select merchandise only and may not be used to purchase tickets, fan club memberships/renewals, audio and video products, and specialty products via third party affiliations.

Really disappointed with the choice of gig chosen for this release. I want to see U2 not Eagles of death metal finish the gig. Also this does not make sense form a financial point of view, this gig was shown worldwide on TV, why would people buy it if they have already seen it. I appreciate that fans with the cash will purchase it straight away, but I will be waiting for this to be well reduced before splashing out for a gig I've already seen on TV.