Hi folks,

Just wanted to share this and get people's thoughts..........Last week my long-standing (propaganda days) membership expired (I hadn't realised it was due!) which sent me in to a mild panic, as I didn't want to lose my priority access to tickets as a long-standing member. I upgraded my account back to paid member status, and wrote to U2.com to ask if they could honour my multiple years worth of membership so that I was still in highest priority ticket group when the next tour/leg comes around, despite my membership having lapsed for a couple of days. This was the reply I received by email:

"Not to worry, we no longer are offering the legacy program.

You will have the same benefits now as you did before.

We are simply not categorizing our members anymore.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Sincerely,
U2.com Team"

So, unless I'm mistaken, there is no added priority given to long-term members any more. You're either a paid member, or you're 'general public'. Please somebody correct me if you read this any differently. Seems a bit odd, as I now won't get any priority over somebody who has never subscribed before, but chooses to do so much closer to the ticket sales, despite 20-odd years of ongoing subscription.

:o  <_<

I hope this isn't true.This would suck !

If they do things this way,people would only pay for a subscription when the band goes on tour.

post-288312-0-07431000-1362929325.gif

i'm afraid this is true ....  30 years beeing A U2WordMag/ Propaganda / U2.com subscriber ...... for this ?

During the Last IETour we've got the worst tickets ..... 4 Paris Gigs yep .. but We were Very dissapointed about our Seats.

U2360° was Perfect :wub: 

I think you get allocated a pre-sale based on when you were a member, usually as long as you are a member before the tour/dates announced you get priority pre-sale.  As when things are announced theres a clamour to sign-up to buy tickets.

The sentence "We are simply not categorizing our members anymore" is alarming, but doesn't exclude a presale as I understand it.

Sure It doesn't exclude a presale  ..

but it's really a shame for us former Propaganda subscribers ...

post-288312-0-40588800-1368016398_thumb.jpg

.... march 2005 : As promised in Larry's letter last month, we have worked to improve the system, to look after former Propaganda subscribers and those U2.Com Subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets for the tour.  This will still be on a first come, first served basis and though we can't guarantee the ticket you're looking for, this time remember you'll only be competing against other former propaganda members for tickets on the first day.....

The sentence "We are simply not categorizing our members anymore" is alarming, but doesn't exclude a presale as I understand it.

I understand the presale won't be excluded.

But there will be just one group for subscribers - not innocence and experience groups (example).

Thanks for your comments folks.

electricco - it is a real shame, the additional priority on tickets is the only reason I maintain the membership nowadays in between albums/tours. Having 'Experience' and 'Innocence' groups on IE (and similar on previous tours) felt like a fair recognition of long-standing memberships, so I guess without that I will be able to let the membership lapse for 2-3 years after the next tour and just re-subscribe when we're getting close to a new tour announcement. At least that way 2-3 years worth of subscription will pay for a ticket!

I guess this could change though - it wasn't any kind of official announcement. We'll see what happens when the tour is announced......

Edited by Edge Of The Heart

Wow.  This would totally suck if true.  Unfortunately, it'd fit with various other things (like lots more seats being in higher-price VIP categories, lots more top-price-tier seats in general) that are bad news with the new regime.  Sucks.

I think there should be a preference in pre-sale given to people who've had a subscription for over a year - the reason is that I think people who subscribe just for pre-sale are usually (or often) way off on guessing when it's really getting close to ticket-sale time for a tour because false rumors happen about that.

I wonder the thoughts of longtime subscribers about this - do u think I'm right that people who subscribe just for pre-sale just when they think tix are about to start selling are often way off in guessing when the sales will start?

There is priority for members, but not between members for those inside the cut-off date.

Wow.  This would totally suck if true.  Unfortunately, it'd fit with various other things (like lots more seats being in higher-price VIP categories, lots more top-price-tier seats in general) that are bad news with the new regime.  Sucks.

VIP categories .... Sucks. :unsure:

post-288312-0-07431000-1362929325.gif

VIP categories .... Sucks. :unsure:

Yeah, lots about this sucks - no official confirmation of any of this though (other than my u2.com email). But 'Live in Paris' is the first U2 release I haven't rushed out to purchase, and it's partly because I feel like I'm being screwed as a fan - saw the tour live 4 times, have the Paris gig recorded on the cable box, and feel a bit disappointed (to say the least!) if I have also lost my additional ticket priority now for future tours!  

here guys i am back (not that anyone knows me coz i hardly post despite being on here since like 2007 or something)

i have been very ill with depression and missed my subscription last year so had a bit of a panic about losing priority presale access

i have resubscribed now but if i'm reading this right i won't actually be affected by my lapse?

i guess this is good news for me but i can see how it's a pain for everyone else (believe me i know, every year before this i always subscribed on time so i'm not usually on this side of the fence)

well hopefully the presales won't be too crazy

here guys i am back (not that anyone knows me coz i hardly post despite being on here since like 2007 or something)

i have been very ill with depression and missed my subscription last year so had a bit of a panic about losing priority presale access

i have resubscribed now but if i'm reading this right i won't actually be affected by my lapse?

i guess this is good news for me but i can see how it's a pain for everyone else (believe me i know, every year before this i always subscribed on time so i'm not usually on this side of the fence)

hi Faye, and welcome back, sorry to hear about your rough time..

I think you get allocated a pre-sale based on when you were a member, usually as long as you are a member before the tour/dates announced you get priority pre-sale.  As when things are announced theres a clamour to sign-up to buy tickets.

This seems like how it will work again^^^^. I'm sure it was like this the last time round?. It was really good with the 360 tour when we all had Horizon presales and a day or so before the rest of the casual subbers got to get tickets, but does looks like that's over.

Does anyone know if my subscription is paid to expire in August, 2017, that I still have to renew subscription now that it is open for the coming year?

Does anyone know if my subscription is paid to expire in August, 2017, that I still have to renew subscription now that it is open for the coming year?

If your subscription is still valid, you don't have to renew right now - but, if you decide to do it, you can renew...

hi Faye, and welcome back, sorry to hear about your rough time..

Thanks bigwave

There's no info on that yet. I asked already and Max said to check back. Be worth checking when everyone gets there codes and see if you get one. I'm subbed until 31st Jan 2018, so see what happens....

Sign in to follow this