Sign in to follow this  
Malahide

Adam: 'New U2 Album Maybe March-April 2017'

From atU2.com

30228289656_958b87e243_o.jpg

Amongst all of Adam Clayton's media appearances Monday for the Walk In My Shoes campaign was an interview with RTE's Shay Byrne, and that conversation included a little bit of talk about U2's album plans. The main takeaway is that Adam said the current plan for a new album is "maybe March/April." Here's the pertinent part of the interview:

Adam: We've been working on a record and we've been humming and hawing on whether it's finished or not. We've decided it's not finished -- we're going to work up until Christmas.

Shay Byrne: That's the beauty of being successful. You can go, You know what, record company? We own it. We're not finished. We're gonna keep going.

Adam: I wish we were a little bit more definite about our scheduling because people have been expecting it. But it'll be out next year -- maybe March/April. That's the plan, but I'm not confirming it.

That fits in line with what Adam said during his surprise #U240Cleveland appearance a couple weeks ago (and we hope to have a transcript of that available soon).

You can hear the full RTE radio interview online; Adam begins at about the 1:08 mark. (Thx to @U2tour. Photo by @ShayByrneRadio.)

Edited by Malahide

Personally I'd prefer an Achtung Baby-style 20th anniversary re-release of Pop in March/April next year.