Sign in to follow this  
clarky46

2017 Tour (MOVED FROM RUMOURS & MERGED)

C'mon we're always on U2 time remember!

I think "U2 time" is a little bit like divine time.

Both  have a surreal and breathless quality about them, don't you think?

Edited by voicefromdc

It's going to be a 30th reunion tour of THE JOSHUA TREE...playing the album start to finish.

that be pretty cool. Id say it might be an arena tour again 

although Croke Park has 2 concert slots left for 2017, Aviva Stadium has 1 slot left 

I don't want even think to Aviva if prices will be in the range of Robbie Williams and Phil Collins :/

Edited by monica martino

Give the album first, before anyone get's hurt.....hello, hello.....

Lol

Have a feeling the Joshua Tree anniversary tour will only hit the big cities like London, Paris, New York, LA, Sydney, Tokyo etc. You'd Expect Dublin to get a show but the guys could shock us and maybe play a few intimate shows in the Olympia or some other small venue ??.

If they are playing the album in full will they do it backwards and start with Mothers Of the Disappeared and end with WTSHN ???. Would be odd if they followed the exact track listing of the album and done the hits first

What an album it is

Venue Setlist prediction:   SOE one night...JT the next night...

Looks like there going to ask us to renew the membership fee before giving us a code for tickets for the 2017 tour.

BOONAROO / GIANTS STADIUM (2) and SIGNAPORE - more or less confirmed - STADIUMS only?  2 SETS - one new and hits / 2nd Set - Joshua Tree -

I'm guessing -- 

It's going to be a 30th reunion tour of THE JOSHUA TREE...playing the album start to finish.

You called this early

Venue Setlist prediction: SOE one night...JT the next night...

Be a good way of splitting the two albums up instead of combining the two. Although they said different sets last time and it didn't quite pan out.

on the Joshua tree tour in 1987 they played a mixture of Arenas and Stadiums starting off with an American Arena tour in April/May, A European Stadium tour in the Summer and A North American Stadium/Arena tour in the Autumn. A similar enough format for a 30th Anniversary tour may be on the cards

In Ireland they played 2 dates in Croke Park, 1 date in Belfast (Kings Hall) and 1 date in Cork (Páirc Uí Chaoimh) on that tour 

With Croke Park having 2 concert slots remaining for 2017 and the redeveloped Pairc Ui Chaoimh opening next summer could we possibly see dates for u2 in those venues ???

I'm hoping they bring it to the UK! Especially if they're playing the album in full, might be able to get a friend or two to come with me!

Do you think there is enough time in a concert to play all of the JT album

and a bunch of songs off the new album?

(...and Stand Up Comedy? ;-)

Edited by voicefromdc

I would like to hear them at an outdoor venue.

Bonnaroo would be great!  I hope they play a lot of outdoor festivals.

I finally caught up to the Red Rocks concert film this week.

...don't say anything....

Wish to remind that a total solar eclipse will occur August 21 and be seen throughout North America-- full eclipse viewing across center of nation and partial eclipse to the north and south. It will be 375 years before another of this sort comes around for us to see.

Might be worth trying to take this into consideration when scheduling shows!

love if they played the New stadium in Cork

they played the old Pairc Ui Choamh on the original Joshua Tree tour in 1987 (the last show on the euro leg)

Cleveland is also reporting a major announcement from Live Nation tomorrow (the 5th) for Progressive Field- speculation is U2 or GNR.  

Thoughts / hopes / dreams about the forthcoming tour

I'm sure like many others, since the Christmas Day message I have been thinking about the forthcoming tour.  These are some of my random thoughts on the perennial U2 tour issues,  what I would like to see happen, what might actually happen, the hoops we will have to jump through etc in the coming months.  I will of course preface this list by stating the glaringly obvious fact that this is a first world topic:

So here goes:

A Joshua Tree show in the National Opera House (for those who know it, it will always be the Theatre Royal to me) in Wexford.  I could walk there and home.

Look after / help  the fans

Try to beat the touts and I include Seatwave in this

Don't over price

Make the subscription really worth while

Allow subscribers to use presale codes for more than one show

Exclusive shows for subscribers

Ireland only presale for Irish shows

Reward the fans but don't pitch fan against fan

Announce all Cities to be visited at the same time

love if they played Croke Park and the new stadium in Cork

hope they announce all the tour dates at the same time (Mon 9th Jan is the latest rumour of an annoucement)

Dont think the tour will be as large as the I&E tour in terms of venues but i hope they play Ireland (as stupid as that sounds as there an irish band)

Oooo....I'm so excited!!

I love that they are going to play at least one music festival. I hope they play more.

I would love to see them outside in some vast expanse where there is room to dance!

A show during the full eclipse in August would also be very much fun fun fun!!!!