Sign in to follow this  
Beev

How does the pre-sale work please.

Hi I'm new to this so was wondering if anyone could explain the process, what site etc the pre-sale is on?

Thanks

check:

http://www.u2.com/tour

Some details for the presale - like dates and venues - are published there...

Once the presale presale date and hour start, a link to the ticketing system will be found there... follow it and the directions to buy tickets will be next...

more details on the following days... please keep checking the site / board periodically...

How are there tix already on sale on websites??? On Vividseats alone.. for Philadelphia nite, there are 34 red zone tix... at a ridulous price. But that just means there are many less for the pre-sale!! How is that possible?!

Edited by U2Artist

How are there tix already on sale on websites???

There shouldn't be.  Those are re-sell sites that don't actual have tickets yet.  If you have a link, please pm it to me or one of the other moderators.  Thanks!

Hi I'm new to this so was wondering if anyone could explain the process, what site etc the pre-sale is on?

Depends on your show, whoever sells tickets for that stadium, you'll just pop your code onto their site. In the US, probably Ticketmaster...

I am not a paid subscriber, I just get emails from U2.com. What do you think regarding getting tickets to the different shows? Do I need to pay for a subscription to get in early thursday to get tickets, or do you think I will get tickets trying to buy when it goes to general public sale on monday? And which shows sels out most quickly? I am from Norway so have to travel anyway, can go to both US and Europe. Any venues you recommend?

Hope to get som answers:-)

Edited by Tottentom

Regarding pre sale do you need to buying your tickets straight at 9am tomorrow or can you wait to buy them at say 10pm the same day. I live in Ireland.

Pre sale windows as advised by ticketmaster are below. You can wait to 10pm if you wish but tickets for each category could be limited so on the basis of demand the earlier you log in the better the chance you have of securing the tickets you want.

Onsale to General Public

Start: 16 Jan 2017, 09:00

Red Hill Group

Start: 11 Jan 2017, 09:00 -

End: 13 Jan 2017, 17:00

Wires Group

Start: 12 Jan 2017, 09:00 -

End: 13 Jan 2017, 17:00

I am not a paid subscriber, I just get emails from U2.com. What do you think regarding getting tickets to the different shows? Do I need to pay for a subscription to get in early thursday to get tickets, or do you think I will get tickets trying to buy when it goes to general public sale on monday? And which shows sels out most quickly? I am from Norway so have to travel anyway, can go to both US and Europe. Any venues you recommend?

Hope to get som answers:-)

Your best bet would be to get a subscription - while it can't give you a 100% guarantee about tickets, it's your best chance - public sales goes really fast (can even be minutes!!!!)

You are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

Regarding pre sale do you need to buying your tickets straight at 9am tomorrow or can you wait to buy them at say 10pm the same day. I live in Ireland.

You can purchase the tickets from Wednesday, Jan 11 at 9 AM  (for Red Hill Group) to Friday, Jan 13 at 5 PM; or from Thursday, Jan 12 at 9 AM to Friday, Jan 13 at 5 PM...

It is recommended to do it as earliest at possible...

I just have to say, and I realize it's too late to help Beev out, but as a long time member of U2.com and an on again/off again paid subscriber, I have learned a few things; being a paid subscriber increases your chances substantially of landing tix. But, it does NOT guarantee it. The great lesson I've learned (perhaps too late) is to suck it up and pay for the $50/year to retain your "long-time subscriber" standing. This will greatly increase your odds as you will get in on the 1st pre-sale wave, rather than the 2nd. If you subscribe just prior to the pre-sale, you'll be in the later pre-sale wave which greatly decreases your chances. I've done just this for the last couple of tours and i regret it. Last tour I paid the $50 and couldn't get pre-sale tix. This year I got only 2 (4 is what I needed) and not where I wanted and they were HELLA expensive! However, I'm grateful to be going at all at this point! Lesson learned; I will be maintaining my subscription from here on out. Hope this helps someone. :-)

Edited by Frisbygirl