Sign in to follow this  
clarky46

Scotland forgotten again

I see once again there is no Scottish date,can't understand why they keep doing this,then at the last minute add a Scottish date.i know there is free dates so come on Glasgow or Edinburgh you're choice.

I've just booked hotel and flight to Dublin,as this is on my bucket list,to see them in there back yard.

it'll very likely be announced within a week or two, same as all the other tours since 1987 ....

To my knowledge no major U2 tour has missed Scotland (whether Edinburgh Murrayfield or Glasgow Ibrox) since the early 1980's ... of course, forgetting the stunning LoveTown tour :)

just as strange is how often Australia/NZ get left off major tours, but who cares about them kangaroos anyway :)

London to Glasgow is not that big a distance for the trucks with all the gear to travel on the other hand all the way down under is a hell of a distance,

But with the money u2 have you would have thought a few gigs in each country would pay for themselves

Maybe they are waiting till we have our winter and it's sunny down there

How can you forget Scotland - gave us bagpipes ffs - never forgotten! lol

There is a new 3 day festival run by DF Concerts taking place on Glasgow Green which is set to run from July 7 to 9 as a replacement for T in the Park - so there will be a stage available the same weekend as London  so only need to move equipment - you heard it here 1st folks

While we're on it. U2 have not even played most of Asia for that matter. And I hear they have fans in Asia too.

Yes- real shame

I'm an ex pat Scot living in England but my 1st ever gigs (not just U2 any gig) was on the Joshua Tree tour in both Glasgow at the SECC and Edinburgh at Murrayfield so would have loved to have seen a Scottish date as probably would have traveled back for it.

Thankfully still going to see them in London

Well good news I've been told from a reliable source there will be a hydro gig.

so when it's announced you can all buy me a beer and if it doesn't I'll buy you all a beer if you're at the Manchester gig.

I Remember on The  Elevation Tour They Missed out Scotland ,until it was pointed  out to them by a DJ freind a reporter from the Daily Record , That they hadn't  included  Scotland ....days later day were added 

Sure wish they would add dates to Scotland . Scotland is a wonderful place maybe they dont like haggis 

Not everyone can travel long distances due to illnesses /disability's