Sign in to follow this  
jimmerpro

General Admission questions THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017

Hey there.

I have not been on the floor at a stadium tour.

Will they section off areas of GA?  

I would think people would press towards the stage without some "order".

Cheers.

My experience with GA in a stadium show that that people are mindful of personal space and there will be a little surge forward when the band hits the stage, but people have been good and there's security all around the rail to help out if it is needed.  My experience has been in the US and Canada and I've heard that European shows can be a little more crazy, but again, that's all from my personal experience.

Has anyone found the Red Zone listing for London on TM?

It's on the seating chart, but that's all I see so far.

I waited in line for at least five hours on two occasions to get close to the stage, for Elevation (got inside the heart) and 360 (under the mechanical bridge).  I'm now 35 and too old for all that waiting around in line, before the show, etc and not being able to sit down.  I'll get a reserved seat now.

In both instances they let the GA line in and everyone ran as hard as they could to get close to the stage.  When people tried to maneuverer themselves closer when the band came on, all of those around me got a bit keyed up because we spent the day in line and weren't going to let someone in who just got there.

GA at the back of the stadium was more sparse with lots of room as sight-lines wouldn't be as good way back there. 

I really hope there will be some more info soon (e.g., before 8:50am on Wednesday).

From what I can see it seems that if you want a seat at Twickenham you have a choice of £40 nosebleed or £187. Is there nothing in-between the two? Is "standing" just standing or is the lower tier unreserved seating for standing/GA (like many stadium shows in the U.K.).

Will try and call ticketmaster tomorrow but would appreciate it if u2.com could help!

In the past, has Red Zone been GA as well, and do people push and shove once they're in there?  Maybe Red Zone is a nice marriage between reserved seats and GA floor with less territorial ism (that I've been guilty of as well). 

In the past, has Red Zone been GA as well, and do people push and shove once they're in there?  Maybe Red Zone is a nice marriage between reserved seats and GA floor with less territorial ism (that I've been guilty of as well). 

RZ always has been way less jam-packed, so no need to push and shove.  Well worth it IMHO, especially since there doesn't appear to be a "heart"/"ellipse" in regular GA this time.

My experience with GA in a stadium show that that people are mindful of personal space and there will be a little surge forward when the band hits the stage, but people have been good and there's security all around the rail to help out if it is needed.  My experience has been in the US and Canada and I've heard that European shows can be a little more crazy, but again, that's all from my personal experience.

Wow, my experience is quite different--even in the US.  I've done dozens of U2 GA shows, and I wouldn't say people are mindful of personal space anywhere near the stage.  Well, actually, maybe that's not right--I guess it may depend on what you mean by "mindful of personal space".  Yeah, generally folks aren't literally pushing on you, but things get pretty snug, with this getting more pronounced as you near the stage or catwalk.  Also, if you're anywhere near the stage, leaving (e.g., to go to the bathroom) and trying to return to where you were is pretty dicey.  Likely not as bad as Europe or SA, though, from what I've heard.

Hey there.

Cheers.

Also, unfortunately, it appears as if there will be no sectioning of GA areas, which does produce some degree of things getting progressively more packed as you near the stage.  In the old days, having a "heart" or "ellipse" helped quite a bit with this issue.  Doesn't seem like there's anything like that this tour, however, which I think is bad news/a mistake.

Hey there.

Cheers.

Although--just saw in the other (General) forum that some European shows will have "Pitch 1" (closer) and "Pitch 2" (further away)--sounds like sections, with Pitch 1 likely being more expensive.  I wish they did that in the US, but no sign of that so far over here.

I did see a graphic from TM for Dublin with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 (pitch 2 being closer  to the stage which I thought was backwards)- with a divider between. I did not understand the accompanying comments about it exactly - as to whether or not you got the opportunity to purchase either 1 or 2 or it was automatically assigned - Or is it an imaginary line with a number just being assigned to the ticket ie arenas had GA 1 2 3 4 but meant nothing in terms of location - it was just a ticketing number. Any thoughts? would like to know before the presale.

Edited by nitz1

From the sites I checked, none of them had more than 1 GA option. Maybe the divider is there simply for crowd control? Meaning, Pitch 1 reaches certain capacity, it's closed down? I remember there was something similar in Frankfurt back in 2010 - they had a divider across the GA.  

Besides, with the exception of RedZone (which is really small, quite frankly), U2 aren't known for dividing GA into sections with tiered pricing. Unlike other bands who have no problems charging extra from their fans for GA section closer to the stage. 

Will I be able to use my presale code to buy tickets to two different shows, I know there is a 4 tix limit. But wasn't sure how Ticketmaster will be setup.

You should have a strategy for the day if you're doing GA.  Get fluids early while in line, use restroom once you have your spot on the floor and do not leave once concert starts.  Unless you're prepared to be toward the front of the line, IMO, GA isn't worth the hassle.

I did see a graphic from TM for Dublin with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 (pitch 2 being closer  to the stage which I thought was backwards)- with a divider between. I did not understand the accompanying comments about it exactly - as to whether or not you got the opportunity to purchase either 1 or 2 or it was automatically assigned - Or is it an imaginary line with a number just being assigned to the ticket ie arenas had GA 1 2 3 4 but meant nothing in terms of location - it was just a ticketing number. Any thoughts? would like to know before the presale.

We've seen different price categories for GA before at some stadium show in the past (eg Brussels 2005) and more recently at Coldplay shows in Holland. The GA pitch 2 and pitch 1 indication for Croke Park makes me think there might me two price categories with a more expensive one as the Front of Stage section. I hope so. If the case I'll get GA in the presales for Croke Park. Traveling from Holland to Ireland for the Croke Park show. ;)

I did see a graphic from TM for Dublin with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 (pitch 2 being closer to the stage which I thought was backwards)- with a divider between. I did not understand the accompanying comments about it exactly - as to whether or not you got the opportunity to purchase either 1 or 2 or it was automatically assigned - Or is it an imaginary line with a number just being assigned to the ticket ie arenas had GA 1 2 3 4 but meant nothing in terms of location - it was just a ticketing number. Any thoughts? would like to know before the presale.

This may be a dumb question. But are people generally okay with you leaving the GA line for a few (for like the bathroom and stuff). My family and I would obviously switch off. I never did a stadium GA and I plan on waiting in line from around noon. I just want to know what to prepare for. I mean its going to be like 6-7 hours in line.

This may be a dumb question. But are people generally okay with you leaving the GA line for a few (for like the bathroom and stuff). My family and I would obviously switch off. I never did a stadium GA and I plan on waiting in line from around noon. I just want to know what to prepare for. I mean its going to be like 6-7 hours in line.

You may need to let know the people next to you where you go... also, there are usually fans who are in charge of the line, giving numbers and taking care of it...

You may need to ask for particulars on the line on the day of the show...

I was wondering how easy it is to score GA tickets on second round of presale in wire group. My question is based on your previous experiences.

People nipping out for a loo break or to get refreshments is generally fine as long as it's not for too long. What you can't do is turn up early, claim your spot in the line and then disappear for hours. But after arriving sit tight for a while until the queue order is well established. We've made some good friends in the GA queue.

I was wondering how easy it is to score GA tickets on second round of presale in wire group. My question is based on your previous experiences.

From previous tours, there are GA tickets available...

I was in line for GA for some gigs in the past, people don't mind if you leave the queue for a while to get drinks and so on. They've seen your face for hours and will recognize you :-) In fact I left the GA line in Amsterdam I&E for hours as I found out I brought the wrong ticket to the venue and rushed home (luckily I live in Amsterdam) and came back after an hour. Some fans of Portugal, which I told I had to go home, immediately took me back in line and brought me some drinks as I was exhausted :-)