Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

Red Zone/VIP

Anyone know the difference between "GA Floor Standing Room Only" and "Red Zone GA Standing Room Only"? - these were options for Boston - not sure if other cities had the same options; both options $75 - assume RZ in not actually in the RZ for that price - very confusing!

Usually, there is a small message that says they couldn't find the section you want, but here is the closest they have... so a "you asked for RZ, but here are GA instead" sort of thing.

still absolutely NO clarification - VERY VERY unhappy.... I have NO issue if I was just unlucky and demand in the presale simply exceed supply however this was clearly not the case... one simple question which I would appreciate an answer to ASAP...

"WHY WERE THE RED ZONE TICKETS FOR DUBLIN GIG AVAILABLE FOR SALE TODAY WITHOUT THE UNIQIUE U2 PRESALE CODE"

simple question, can this please be answered..... ???

Wow!  That was easy.  Got a pair of RZ for Santa Clara (San Francisco) figuring I had a better chance at getting two than four.  Went back in and a couple of tries later got a second pair.  Gonna be awesome!

Mini heart attack...

RED zone didn't immediately show up. It took it about 5 minutes to show up. Ticketmaster also wasn't loading properly. It originally showed RED zone as GA, so I selected that for kicks then it gave me a GA which I threw back. I then saw the option to get RED zone but it said not available. I then close out and go back to the U2 tours page, click the packages link there and low and behold it finally shows up. Long story short, I have my RED zone!! Thanks to the mods for all of the tips. Much appreciated! & Thanks Mich! ;) 

Try again... Seriously.

Mine said not available then I closed out then clicked the packages link from here and tried again and got it.

Edited by Shannon387

total bs - no redzone avail at all in Los Angeles within 1 second.  

I had the same issue...within 15 seconds no RZ tix available.  Took that long to get past the ridiculous "click on all the images with a road sign" nonsense.  Oh well.

No problem for RZ in Vancouver. They came up right away under packages. Phew all sorted. One of the easiest presales for me

Red Zone LA a total nightmare. And now floor are gone, too. This is the first pre-sale that's ever truly screwed me in U2-land. Thanks Guy!

Red Zone LA a total nightmare. And now floor are gone, too. This is the first pre-sale that's ever truly screwed me in U2-land. Thanks Guy!

Sounds like a problem for a lot of people. Red Zone was listed with GA as $70. If you clicked that, basically you were wasting your time because Red Zone was only available as a package and not for $70 with Gen Adm. It's still being grouped with GA even after a lot of shows being on sale for over 3 hours.

Impossible buy RZ for me in Rome; after 6 minute they were endend. Also on Ticketone VIP Packgages without presale code. Some bug everytime. 

Complete BS.  I clicked the 350.  Immediately.  and there was NOTHING.  Was forced to by reserved seats, which means that even if they fix the red zone nonsense I am stuck in regular seats because it is credit card entry.  So pissed off.  

Complete BS.  I clicked the 350.  Immediately.  and there was NOTHING.  Was forced to by reserved seats, which means that even if they fix the red zone nonsense I am stuck in regular seats because it is credit card entry.  So pissed off.  

Just means you have to enter the venue with the people you sell your seats to, no?

I'm still trying 12 hours later!  :(  I'm stubborn old git and refuse to take no for an answer :lol:

Edited by spongebob

I'm still trying for LA Red Zone. Floor opened up 3 hours after they were sold out so maybe there's hope.

For the RZ at Glasgow we had to have photographic proof and as far as I am aware that was the same for everyone.

I had my photo id ready to go but was not asked for it, saying that the people directly in front of me in the queue did win the backstage tour which may have distracted the staff when it came to my turn.

LOL That was us!!!!!!
Saturday night?

If so I was chuffed for you but also hated you so much at that moment in time.

absolute BS and No response to any of my questions/posts today... my first gig Feb 1983 War Tour and have followed the band cross Europe and USA for DECADES... looks like the 2 nights at Hydro Glasgow on I&E Tour will be my last as so pissed of at being shafted by U2/Ticketmaster with the RZ Presale F@*K UP today.. this is the last straw, been a member since the inception of the U2.com fansite and prior to that a 'Propoganda' subscriber... wont be renewing my membership when up for renewal in March, far far to easy to push the queries towards TM and absolve themselves of any responsibility/ownership of the issues today.... very very poor indeed

still absolutely NO clarification - VERY VERY unhappy.... I have NO issue if I was just unlucky and demand in the presale simply exceed supply however this was clearly not the case... one simple question which I would appreciate an answer to ASAP...

"WHY WERE THE RED ZONE TICKETS FOR DUBLIN GIG AVAILABLE FOR SALE TODAY WITHOUT THE UNIQIUE U2 PRESALE CODE"

we dont know.

we dont know.

respectfully, someone needs to make it their business to find out.... that was over 12 hours ago and NO response????  are further RZ tickets available in Wire group? are more Pitch 2 tickets available in Wire group, all very understandable queries given the complete disaster this morning and no clarification on any of these points

respectfully, someone needs to make it their business to find out.... that was over 12 hours ago and NO response????  are further RZ tickets available in Wire group? are more Pitch 2 tickets available in Wire group, all very understandable queries given the complete disaster this morning and no clarification on any of these points

It has been reported...

There might be RZ tickets available in the Wire group, but if these are available it won't be as many as it was for today's presale. Same with Pitch 2.

I can't go further on quantities because it is information I can't access - it's on the Ticketmaster side. You may need to contact them for any clarification you need.

It has been reported...

There might be RZ tickets available in the Wire group, but if these are available it won't be as many as it was for today's presale. Same with Pitch 2.

I can't go further on quantities because it is information I can't access - it's on the Ticketmaster side. You may need to contact them for any clarification you nee

thanks - the lack of clear information is beyond belief...  no idea where the issue lies but as a paying fanclub member for decades I believe we deserve far better treatment than this... things happen for a reason... a weekend in Dublin with RZ tickets would cost in region of £2K with flights and decent hotel etc so should probably spend that money on something more worthwhile given this shabby situation... sadly some 34 years since my first gig would appear to be it.

I am pretty amazed that people are complaining because they got shut out of RZ. I went into this expecting zero and hoping for the best. I was hoping for Dublin but like almost everyone else I got shut out. Did get lucky for my local show in the US with RZ. I have known for years that Ticketmaster sucks and that the whole process is a crapshoot. You are not entitled to RZ or GA Field or a great reserved seat. You can improve your chances with fan club membership and it is frustrating when there are hiccups like today but in any case where demand exceeds supply people will get shut out. Just stop whining about it. Neither Ticketmaster nor U2 are going to give you any explanation or make it right, so stop wasting your energy.