Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

Red Zone/VIP

Blah, blah, blah. We can bitch if we want. Simple fact. 1. Red Zone in Europe was open to anyone, not Legacy Fan Club Members. THat's bad and could have been prevented with due diligence and not faultly work. 2. There wasn't any apparent Red Zone available for London unless you went through U2.com link after 15 minutes of onsale. That's bad, faulty work. 3. If you only are supposed to go through U2.com to get the proper links, why make them available through ticketmaster.co.uk. Again faulty work. 4. We spend $40-$50 a year on this membership. Other clubs (see Ten Club, $20/year) perform much better. Faulty work. 5. This has happened before, so maybe you'd think they'd straighten it out. Nope. Faulty work. 6. If you clicked on the link on U2.com on a mobile phone, it brought you to the mobile site where Red Zone wasn't available. Once again faulty work.

FYI, Propoganda way better than this....  

Oh, Note 7. Sure seems like the touts have just an equal or better shot than we do. Oh well. Sucks for us. (See Ten Club where the actual Fan Club member has to pick up the tickets in person).

Anyone know the difference between "GA Floor Standing Room Only" and "Red Zone GA Standing Room Only"? - these were options for Boston - not sure if other cities had the same options; both options $75 - assume RZ in not actually in the RZ for that price - very confusing!

Usually, there is a small message that says they couldn't find the section you want, but here is the closest they have... so a "you asked for RZ, but here are GA instead" sort of thing.

YES THIS IS SURPRISING. ARENT RED ZONE TICKETS USUALLY MUCH HIGHER PRICE BECAUSE THEY ARE A FUNDRAISER? WHY IS BOSTON RZ THE SAME AS GA???

Blah, blah, blah. We can bitch if we want. Simple fact. 1. Red Zone in Europe was open to anyone, not Legacy Fan Club Members. THat's bad and could have been prevented with due diligence and not faultly work. 2. There wasn't any apparent Red Zone available for London unless you went through U2.com link after 15 minutes of onsale. That's bad, faulty work. 3. If you only are supposed to go through U2.com to get the proper links, why make them available through ticketmaster.co.uk. Again faulty work. 4. We spend $40-$50 a year on this membership. Other clubs (see Ten Club, $20/year) perform much better. Faulty work. 5. This has happened before, so maybe you'd think they'd straighten it out. Nope. Faulty work. 6. If you clicked on the link on U2.com on a mobile phone, it brought you to the mobile site where Red Zone wasn't available. Once again faulty work.

Oh, Note 7. Sure seems like the touts have just an equal or better shot than we do. Oh well. Sucks for us. (See Ten Club where the actual Fan Club member has to pick up the tickets in person).

you are 100% spot on!!! I have no issue if we are simply unlucky un a ballot situation, but this is simply been a complete cock-up from start to finish strewn with basic errors and partners which arent fit for purpose and simply cannot do their job properly (historically every single time!!!)

Completely agree with you.

It's the same every tour when it comes to Pre Sale time, there is some kind of screw up, long term fans get shafted & nothing get's done to rectify the situation.

Yesterday's Twickenham pre sale was a fiasco with regards to the RZ tickets, as of the day before people were pointing out that there was not a separate link for them like there was for Dublin & yet nothing was done about it.

I spent the best part of an hour from 9am trying to figure out what was going on before I managed to get a link that worked & by that time they had gone, when I then tried for normal GA's they had gone as well, I've ended up in seats which look pretty decent but it's not what I wanted, but at that time & after an hour of trying I was not prepared to run the risk of being shut out.

The fact that Live Nation / Ticketmaster then managed to screw up some of the American pre sales later on the same day is amazing, what were they doing or as I suspect do they really not care because they know the gigs will sell out so what's a few angry die hard fans in the grand scheme of things?

Yesterday left a bad taste in my mouth & for the first time ever when it comes to U2 I am thinking long & hard if I can be bothered to go through this crap for the next tour, I've already decided that if a second Twickenham show goes on sale that I'll be giving it a miss & I only live 20 minutes away from the place.

why red zones weren't available for London and why they didn't need a password to buy, Sorry just annoyed.

Was I just lucky then? Used my Wires pre-sale code and got Red Zone automatically when just asked for standing GA tickets. Need to buy more tickets when the general sale goes live so wonder how we'll get more friends into RZ if they're going to be premium priced

why red zones weren't available for London and why they didn't need a password to buy, Sorry just annoyed.

Was I just lucky then? Used my Wires pre-sale code and got Red Zone automatically when just asked for standing GA tickets. Need to buy more tickets when the general sale goes live so wonder how we'll get more friends into RZ if they're going to be premium priced

If you never paid around 315 Euros for them they are just GA but wrongly described, I believe that one of the many cock ups in this debacle was describing GA tickets as RZ

Edited by spongebob

Great they seem to have sorted the red zone tickets out for America but I'm still raging here thinking about the European fiasco. Could they not send an email to everyone that got RZ tickets and that they don't have a code against, asking for their codes and if unable to give a code their tickets go back on sale?

If they have the "real" fans interest at heart then this is a very good call.

Saturday night?

If so I was chuffed for you but also hated you so much at that moment in time.

No, I think it was the Friday night we won.  I didn't notice the same chance to win on the Saturday.

The Wires group opened in TicketMaster in the UK at 9:00am.  Still no more RZ tickets.  

And still no pre-sale code is needed to access the RZ part of the sale. So I expect any extra RZ tickets would have been picked up by anyone.

Saturday night?

If so I was chuffed for you but also hated you so much at that moment in time.

No, I think it was the Friday night we won.  I didn't notice the same chance to win on the Saturday.

Yes you won on the Friday (spawny get) We never got the chance on the Saturday as we were a little later and it had already been won.

Completely agree with you.

It's the same every tour when it comes to Pre Sale time, there is some kind of screw up, long term fans get shafted & nothing get's done to rectify the situation.

Yesterday's Twickenham pre sale was a fiasco with regards to the RZ tickets, as of the day before people were pointing out that there was not a separate link for them like there was for Dublin & yet nothing was done about it.

I spent the best part of an hour from 9am trying to figure out what was going on before I managed to get a link that worked & by that time they had gone, when I then tried for normal GA's they had gone as well, I've ended up in seats which look pretty decent but it's not what I wanted, but at that time & after an hour of trying I was not prepared to run the risk of being shut out.

The fact that Live Nation / Ticketmaster then managed to screw up some of the American pre sales later on the same day is amazing, what were they doing or as I suspect do they really not care because they know the gigs will sell out so what's a few angry die hard fans in the grand scheme of things?

Yesterday left a bad taste in my mouth & for the first time ever when it comes to U2 I am thinking long & hard if I can be bothered to go through this crap for the next tour, I've already decided that if a second Twickenham show goes on sale that I'll be giving it a miss & I only live 20 minutes away from the place.

Well said.  I think this is how a lot of us are feeling. 

I think it is really important that you pass it along, Max and Big Wave.  You guys always do a really good job trying to deal with these difficult situations, and if our annoyance with the system sometimes comes across as being critical of you, I am sorry.  Big Wave was really helpful sorting some of the screw ups out with the last tour, and Max you are clearly doing your best too.  On issues like this, we know that all you can really do is relay information back and forth.  I think it is really important that you relay how upset many of us are, remembering that for every one of us that takes the time to share how we feel, there are likely 50 or 100 who don't. 

It is not fair for us to blame you, and (for now at least) I also don't think it is fair to blame the band.  For me, this lands squarely on the shoulders of Ticket Master. They have an essential monopoly on the ticket distribution business, and like many monopolies, they simply deliver terrible value, because there is little incentive to be customer focussed. But, in the end, they do what the band asks them to do. And one can't escape the fact that this tour presale has been a disaster for some of the band's most loyal fans. 

We spend significant amounts of money in annual membership fees and on albums, as well as very significant amounts whenever the band goes out on tour. As Bono himself keeps saying, we have helped give the band and everyone who works for them, a great deal to be thankful for. This may have been Ticketmaster's fault - but they do what the band wants, and the band certainly is in control of how the Red Zone works. U2 should do something to fix this.

I do not believe that Ticketmaster cares about us at all. I have always thought that the band did care. But this is one of those moments where they either show it, or that belief gets subjected to some serious doubt.  There is a line repeated 6 times in Raised by Wolves.  I want it to remain a powerful, poignant line in a great song, not a commentary on how I feel about the U2's gratitude to their serious fans.

Edited by BillHenderson

BTW, it appears there were no Red Zone tickets today for the Wired group.  My daughter tried both Toronto and Cleveland and told me after examining 137 street signs, 92 store fronts as well as countless rivers and trees, the closest she could get to the stage was a couple of GA's.   

I don't blame Ticketmaster or U2.

It's all luck of the draw. I've used Ticketmaster for ever, for any concert. There's always an issue with these big tours, think about it. Hundreds of thousands of us trying to get 

into these gigs. I've had luck in the past waiting til the day of the show, when people decide months later that they can't make it or use the tickets and re-sell them. Believe me, 

I have been very pissed off in the past...but that was at my bad luck for not scoring tickets. Patience paid off for me during the Springsteen tour, I has zero luck on the first day 

of tickets sales. The day of the show, I scored tickets front row next to the stage. Ended up with better that what was available on first day. 

Yesterday I got lucky, I had renewed my subscription early and ended up with 2 Redzone tickets and 2 lower level tickets, was done and offline by 9:15am. 

I had also joined the Lumineers fan club in the off chance I missed out yesterday. They will have a presale tomorrow at 9am. 

Good luck all! 

No issues getting Red Zone at Twickenham for me. I logged into U2.com , clicked link to Ticketmaster. I could see no RZ specific but clicked on GA Standing and waited for pre sale to start.

When the pre sale started I clicked on select ticket type and Red Zone was offered straight up.

All done by 9.02. 

Sorry for all you guys that missed out because it wasn't absolutely clear - but I could see there was a red zone on the floor plan and in the blurb in the standing section so I guessed there would be an option once the sale started. If there hadn't been I would have been happy to buy in GA or a seat.

In 1987 at Wembley I got Friday tickets in the post but Saturday was a complete lock out. I walked the stadium all day trying to get a ticket off a tout but couldn't afford anything (I was 17) and there were loads of forgeries around... 

The fan club does well to get us in --- U2 are massive and just being in the building is worth the fanclub cost. I know - as I listened to Lou Reed from outside the Stadium in 87 and was grateful for that!!!!

Edited by Bucko

Likewise I had the smoothest ever U2 pre sale this time. Did my homework night before checking the links and realising via U2 website was best approach. Made sure logged in by 9am and immediately refreshed Dublin red zone at 9am. Picked up 2 tickets and paid. Whilst at pay stage (get longer time) went into London and got 2 seats exactly where I had wanted. All done by about 9.25.

Re red zone issue what people forget is only Red Hill code holders were initially looking for tickets. I doubt few ended up with general public. So may look bad but I expect there are lots of happy long term U2 fans out there. I doubt red zone pen holds more than 2-300 so always going to sell very fast. That said, surprised by how many on board wanting red zone. Last tour I struggled to give away a spare red zone for London.

The bot pictures were tedious but they are there to stop touts buying up everything.

Sadly with prices so high fans will buy extra and sell some to pay for their ticket. This is an ever increasing problem and with Live Nation now the effective owner of tours will not go away. The higher the ticket price the higher the number of 3rd party sales.

Chrissy, Bucko,  if this was simply a case of people losing out because there was more demand than supply, I think we'd all be fine with it.  We just haven't been told that, and there were enough very unusual reports back that it appears to have been a lot more than that.

No issues getting Red Zone at Twickenham for me. I logged into U2.com , clicked link to Ticketmaster. I could see no RZ specific but clicked on GA Standing and waited for pre sale to start.

When the pre sale started I clicked on select ticket type and Red Zone was offered straight up.

All done by 9.02. 

Sorry for all you guys that missed out because it wasn't absolutely clear - but I could see there was a red zone on the floor plan and in the blurb in the standing section so I guessed there would be an option once the sale started. If there hadn't been I would have been happy to buy in GA or a seat.

In 1987 at Wembley I got Friday tickets in the post but Saturday was a complete lock out. I walked the stadium all day trying to get a ticket off a tout but couldn't afford anything (I was 17) and there were loads of forgeries around... 

The fan club does well to get us in --- U2 are massive and just being in the building is worth the fanclub cost. I know - as I listened to Lou Reed from outside the Stadium in 87 and was grateful for that!!!!

If you paid 78 pounds. you didn't get red zone...

Main problem was:

1. If you didn't click on the special link from U2.com OR you were on Mobile, Red Zone NEVER POPPED UP. Simply going to ticketmaster.com and clicking on their link (which should be entirely VALID, because it says it should) DID NOT WORK.

2. RedZone DID NOT REQUIRE A PRESALE PASSWORD

That is what people are upset about. If you managed to get a RZ at London good for you. You lucked out, don't tell us however not to be a tad miffed.

Hi, I became a new member just for this...been trying for Rose Bowl since 9am, on the dot. Are they gone? Were there no GA available for sale? I keep getting the "sorry" notice. SO UPSET. I paid for the membership just for early access :(

I think I have also been confused by the fact that my order says Standing Ticket & RedZone for £70 + fee. I was expecting RedZone to be a higher price so I'll see what happens on the day. For the Vertigo tour I did the same thing and was moved to an area near the heart with a special wrist band and I think I just had GA tickets. I just checked my ticket stub and it was only £60.50 but those were simpler times back in 2005. I'm just very excited to be going and seeing the album live so anything else will be a bonus.

I think I have also been confused by the fact that my order says Standing Ticket & RedZone for £70 + fee. I was expecting RedZone to be a higher price so I'll see what happens on the day. For the Vertigo tour I did the same thing and was moved to an area near the heart with a special wrist band and I think I just had GA tickets. I just checked my ticket stub and it was only £60.50 but those were simpler times back in 2005. I'm just very excited to be going and seeing the album live so anything else will be a bonus.

It says "Standing Ticket & Red Zone" because that was the title of the link. RZ tickets for London were L265 not L70. So you have regular GA

I think a lot of people are bring up a lot of good points.

-Ticketmaster sucks (always have,always will) - They don't care about the fans, just the profits

-Presale access entitles you only a chance to buy tickets before the general public

-No promises were made that every type of ticket would be available during presage nor what quantities

-Folks posting on these boards represent only a fraction of fans so just because nobody here got RZ (or GA) for a certain show doesn't mean that there weren't any

-RZ in particular is very limited. Ticketmaster can sell thousands of tickets per minute. If RZ holds 500 and 20% of those are available in presage they feasibly could be gone within 10-15 seconds.

-I have participated in other presales where only the worst seats were put up for sale. At least U2 seems to put a good cross section on seat locations and prices up in advance for the fans. I think almost everyone had an opportunity to get tickets, just perhaps not the tickets they wanted or hoped to get.

-If you signed up for the fan club just to get presale access and didn't get tickets, too bad. I have done that for other bands in the past and got nothing. It is always a bit of a gamble and if you gamble you need to be prepared to lose

-I am surprised by the sense of entitlement a lot of people. Neither U2 nor Ticketmaster owe you anything.

-I have been both lucky and unlucky many times. I do whatever I can to improve my odds (fan club, multiples browsers, advance logins, etc.), but there is never a guarantee of success.

I think this should be a great tour, nostalgic for many myself included (saw eight shows myself on the original JT tour). Unlike the smaller arena tours most everyone should be able to get a ticket (with the possible exception of Dublin, always the most difficult). Stop complaining and agonizing over the things you cannot control. Try to see the glass half full instead of half empty. Come show time, you will have forgotten this frustration and will have a fabulous time.