Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

Red Zone/VIP

They'll probably drop that info at the last minute. If it doesn't show up on Ticketmaster, check the u2.com tour page. I'm on the lookout for RED zone info myself.

What's driving me nuts is that some of the shows have the VIP packages detailed with prices, etc.  Some even have the RED Zone tickets up as a separate item - but these are all at places I won't be able to see them.  The two places I have a shot at seeing them, details are sparse.

I'm ready to get a RZ ticket (or even a VIP that includes a RZ ticket), but nothing's up for the show I want.  I don't know if I should grab a GA ticket just to know I have one, then spring for a RZ if it happens to pop up a day or two later?

That's what I'll do if I don't see any RED zone info or buying options. Get a GA & then a RED zone when it's available. It's pretty easy to get rid of a GA if you don't end up needing it.

This is a tour/show I think would be easy to get rid of the GA if it came to that.  We got burnt during the i+E tour in Chicago because of the stage flip problem (details came out late, stage was misrepresented on the Ticketmaster site - ended up paying a ton of money for a ticket behind the stage) - so we wound up buying two sets of tickets, with one we couldn't get rid of (we didn't want to be behind the stage in "limited view" at my son's first concert - and, apparently, no one else did either - couldn't get rid of them).

Anyway - that was a special situation.  Most other times, tickets to a U2 show haven't been a problem.  I just wish my plans were taking me to Ireland instead of London so I would know for sure that a RZ ticket is available now (not to mention how cool it would be to see them in Ireland)  :)

Hey guys, new to the forum. Any word about the RZ tickets and the presale?

I don't see them listed on TM for Vancouver, but they're on the map. Would be great to know if I need to look for them at 9am or not bother and just go for GA.

zuma022, you will likely see RZ ticket option once the sale goes live on Wednesday.  The great thing about RZ is you are guaranteed stage side standing, without a whole lot of pushing and shoving, and you can show up just before the show begins.  But they'll likely be priced at >$400 Cdn.  f you can line up at 6 am, you can do just as well with GA and save a fortune.  If not, RZ gets you the position without waiting all day.

For those thinking of buying GA and then reselling it if you later decide to go "VIP" or RZ, keep in mind that is far more difficult this time around as many of the venues (at least in the U.S.) will be using CREDIT CARD ENTRY for GA tickets and will NOT be issuing hard tickets.  That's a big change this time around.....

Thanks Bill. I'll be returning from a trip that day, so earliest I can be at the stadium will be about 6pm. That's why I'm considering RZ. But with the tall stadium stage, I may be alright further back in GA. Decisions! Sure would be easier to have the pricing now

For those thinking of buying GA and then reselling it if you later decide to go "VIP" or RZ, keep in mind that is far more difficult this time around as many of the venues (at least in the U.S.) will be using CREDIT CARD ENTRY for GA tickets and will NOT be issuing hard tickets.  That's a big change this time around.....

Oh, I forgot about that... dang. Guess I'm holding out for RED zone then.

Hi friends, I will be purchasing in the "Red Hill" group and was wondering what the "Fan Club VIP Access" is all about on Ticketmaster?  They will be able to purchase on the first pre-sale day at the same time.  Who are these "special" people and how can i be like them?  Ha, ha, but seriously!? Also, i am purchasing 2 tix for one show and 2 tix for another using my pre-sale code. I'm assuming these will have to be two separate transactions, correct? Anyone in the know? BTW, those sites selling tickets already are ALL selling for profits, they are scalper sites. They are quite savvy at confusing the novice buyer.  

Here is one ... [LINK DELETED. PLEASE DO NOT POST RESELLER/AUCTION LINKS ON THE BOARD. THANKS]

Thank you & Good Luck! 

Edited by Max Tsukino

Hi friends, I will be purchasing in the "Red Hill" group and was wondering what the "Fan Club VIP Access" is all about on Ticketmaster?  They will be able to purchase on the first pre-sale day at the same time.  Who are these "special" people and how can i be like them?  Ha, ha, but seriously!? Also, i am purchasing 2 tix for one show and 2 tix for another using my pre-sale code. I'm assuming these will have to be two separate transactions, correct? Anyone in the know? BTW, those sites selling tickets already are ALL selling for profits, they are scalper sites. They are quite savvy at confusing the novice buyer.  

Here is one ... [LINK DELETED. PLEASE DO NOT POST RESELLER/AUCTION LINKS ON THE BOARD. THANKS]

Thank you & Good Luck! 

Fan Club VIP Access - Ticket + Special VIP gifts. More details as we get them / are published.

Ticket Purchase: separate transactions...

From what I have seen the crackdown on ticket scalping has to do more so with "reserved" seats and more than likely Red Zone. For Vancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles (the only three I have checked so far) all state either "select locations" or "reserved locations" are ticketless/credit card required. I have not seen any yet that state general admission are credit card required ticketless. The logistics of having every general admission ticket be paperless and credit card/ID required would be a nightmare for most venues, it would take hours to get in. I can see them putting those restrictions for higher in-demand reserved seats and red zone but not general admission. It is unfortunate that its come down to where a person buys a ticket, and for any reason they can't make it, be it work, family emergency, etc that they aren't able to resell or give them to someone they know to use. I think for the last tour general admission were transferable, perhaps it has changed for this tour.

Regarding Red Zone, it's only been offered for the last two tours I believe. The first year I think fans were caught off guard what they were as they were offered auction-style. That was when the RZ sections were on the sides of the stage. The last tour I recall Ticketmaster and Live Nation displaying an inaccurate floor plan, that upset a ton of fans. This year it looks like just the one RZ area and it being placed in front of Edge is nice, at least it is in the front of the stage and will be a great place to be for this tour.

It's less than 40 minutes until the pre-sale opens in the UK, and no mention of RZ tickets on ticketmaster for London Twickenham.  Also, no mention of RZ in the presale FAQs.

RZ is on the venue plan for London Twickenham.  What is going on?

I've never gotten GA for a show, are you being literal about having to line up at 6am to get close to the stage? I'm only 4'11 and worried I won't see a darn thing unless close up.

zuma022, you will likely see RZ ticket option once the sale goes live on Wednesday. The great thing about RZ is you are guaranteed stage side standing, without a whole lot of pushing and shoving, and you can show up just before the show begins. But they'll likely be priced at >$400 Cdn. f you can line up at 6 am, you can do just as well with GA and save a fortune. If not, RZ gets you the position without waiting all day.

Pre-sale open - RZ not there.

For London, look under Standing