Sign in to follow this  
mojo3600

Multiple Access codes at same address/credit card #

Hey there .... for the last tour TicketMaster cancelled tickets where both spouses or even kids had codes because they were the same address or credit card. I see on the ticketmaster site they are saying something similar about the 4 ticket limit and saying tickets will be cancelled if more than 4 are bought at the same address. Do you know if they have been told to hold off on the cancellations for the presales which can only be bought by access codes? Much appreciated. Thanks,

While ticket master did exactly what you said last time, they backed off in a hurry once the complaints rolled in.  The mods on these forums were great at dealing with it. My daughter, who shares the same address as I ended up getting her in the end.  Hopefully works the same way this time without the TM crap up front.

My wife has a separate code on her account. Ticketmaster cancelled her order last tour, but with the help from "Bigwave" we were able to get them to reissue her tickets. It was a pain. Hope this time that won't occur.

I am concerned with the statement on Ticketmaster that reads:

"Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information."

In my prior (pretty extensive) experience, the way to avoid such hassles is for the spouses to use different credit cards.  My wife and I have done this for many prior U2 tours and never had any issues.  If insteadyou use the same credit card, who knows, but there's at least some chance of running into problems.

The recommendation, in this situation, is to try as much as possible to make the purchases with different credit cards - it may be possible to fight the limit (like it was done before), but just for the sake of your peace of mind, better to try to do it with different cards...

Yes the mods were great last tour. I had some tix cancelled and they were able to get them back for us. It was just completely unncessary stress for everyone :) - especially if you are trying to book travel for out of town shows and you don't know if you have tickets or not.

Mike7man - We actually did use different credit cards, but because the billing address is the same, our orders were cancelled. So not sure that will work all the time. 

Hi all, just making sure I completely understand this! My husband and I have separate memberships, but live at same house and purchased memberships with same credit card.... is there a chance that is we use our 8 presale tickets, they could all be cancelled? That is so scary to think about!!!! I didn't realize that was doing something wrong!

Thanks for the clarification! We appreciate it

Hi all, just making sure I completely understand this! My husband and I have separate memberships, but live at same house and purchased memberships with same credit card.... is there a chance that is we use our 8 presale tickets, they could all be cancelled? That is so scary to think about!!!! I didn't realize that was doing something wrong!

Thanks for the clarification! We appreciate it

If possible, if you can use two separate cards for the two presale codes, it might be helpful. There have been some problems in the past.

I am sure the question has been answered but i can't find it anywhere......

If two members of the same household are members and have presale codes, it looks like only 4 tickets total can be purchased?

Even if each member uses a credit card in their name?

If two members of the same household are members and have presale codes, it looks like only 4 tickets total can be purchased?

4 tickets per membership, best practice to use different cards per membership

What if I use different CC but under the same name for both my wife's code and mine? Not sure why but TM does not accept her CC (the one used for her membership) and I already called the bank and there are no issues. Also, I would use it on her TM account, not mine.

What if I use different CC but under the same name for both my wife's code and mine? Not sure why but TM does not accept her CC (the one used for her membership) and I already called the bank and there are no issues. Also, I would use it on her TM account, not mine.

with some shows the credit card used to purchase is your actual entry ticket also, need to present it when entering venue (ticketless tickets they are called). If you are using your card and going to show with her too, then there should be no problem

Great, thanks!

Even if I already got tixs for another show with that same CC?

We are both attending two shows with two different codes.

Great, thanks!

Even if I already got tixs for another show with that same CC?

We are both attending two shows with two different codes.

I would be careful not to purchase more than 4 presale tix with the same card - danger is they all would get cancelled down the line

What about a different CC but under my name also? Would that be an issue?

I would check with Ticketmaster, and get it in writing that it would be ok. Belt & braces approach.

4 tickets per membership, best practice to use different cards per membership

I am the other half......I tried using another card to process the ticket order and it wouldn't work........the memberships were both paid for with our joint card.

I understand the 4 ticket limitation......there needs to be a way to limit people from buying too many and manipulating the system.......

our kids are young adults now and although 2 of my 3 daughters have been to a U2 show with us,  we really had hoped to get 5 tickets so we can make this a family event, all 5 of us........

hopefully I have some luck on getting the extra GA on the public sale.

Yes the mods were great last tour. I had some tix cancelled and they were able to get them back for us. It was just completely unncessary stress for everyone :) - especially if you are trying to book travel for out of town shows and you don't know if you have tickets or not.

Mike7man - We actually did use different credit cards, but because the billing address is the same, our orders were cancelled. So not sure that will work all the time. 

My wife and I had an order cancelled last tour as well. No matter how valiant my efforts were in talking with Ticketmaster (multiple escalated calls to higher ups at TM), and the efforts of the great mods here, we never got our order back. Still stings. Was no way to treat fans of almost 35 years. Anyhow - best wishes to all here in getting your full memberships' worth! I do hope there's been some learning at TM on how to treat good U2 fans. :)

I accidentally bought reserved and GA seats on two different codes due to a panic moment and I'm over the presale limit. Ticketmaster is refusing to help me out and said I could lose two or all of my tickets up to a week before the show in review. I talked to them the day I bought the tickets and they indicated I wouldn't have a problem.

Any thoughts on how to fix my dilemma?

(Other than traveling back in time and telling myself to calm the heck down? My kingdom for a TARDIS. Probably a couple other people's, too, come to think of it. We could timeshare.)

Did you try to use them both for the same show?  If so, that's riskier (as you may have unfortunately found out).  We've always been careful to use our codes for different shows.

I accidentally bought reserved and GA seats on two different codes due to a panic moment and I'm over the presale limit. Ticketmaster is refusing to help me out and said I could lose two or all of my tickets up to a week before the show in review. I talked to them the day I bought the tickets and they indicated I wouldn't have a problem.

Well, from what you say, doesn't sound good.  Actually, it's not clear--were the two accounts both in your name?  If so, you're clearly over the presale limit.  You're also in trouble if it was the same credit card.

Well, from what you say, doesn't sound good.  Actually, it's not clear--were the two accounts both in your name?  If so, you're clearly over the presale limit.  You're also in trouble if it was the same credit card.

Apparently, I'm in trouble all around. It sounds like they're going to knock off two of my GA tickets and leave me with one GA and the three super upper deck tickets so all isn't lost. I'm just like "yo, if you're going to cancel some but not all of my tickets anyway, how about dropping a note in there to cancel the ones I don't want?"

It is hilariously awful at this point. I'm going to drink beer and shop at the giant H&M and see u2 in June in some part of the stadium, which puts me up in the game anyway, and this will be screamingly funny but right now I'm just like "you are an idiot, eej, a blue-headed fool." 

Keep pushing it with TM. Have in hand every proof of purchase.

Take times of when you call and/or send and receive answers via email/their website.

If possible take names of the TM reps...

Also, please keep us updated on how this develops, either here on the board or via PM to us (preferably both)...

good luck!