Sign in to follow this  
mojo3600

Multiple Access codes at same address/credit card #

mike7man - yes we used them for the same shows. But the last tour was in arenas with a 2 ticket limit - we had 4 memberships as I have 2 kids in university. Idea was for all of us to be able to see the show together as we had 4 long term memberships and should have been able to buy 2 tickets per membership. Fortunately the mods (mostly Big Wave in my case) were able to sort it out with TM and get us our tickets back. We did nothing wrong. Had 4 memberships - bought 8 tickets. This time I bought Dublin and Toronto. Different credit cards. Different TM accounts as well. So hoping no issues. But if this is a problem, then I'll stop buying multiple memberships for the family.

Hi all, just making sure I completely understand this! My husband and I have separate memberships, but live at same house and purchased memberships with same credit card.... is there a chance that is we use our 8 presale tickets, they could all be cancelled? That is so scary to think about!!!! I didn't realize that was doing something wrong!

Thanks for the clarification! We appreciate it

Yes, you're in danger, unfortunately.  Using the same credit card (in the past) has been the most dangerous thing.

I am sure the question has been answered but i can't find it anywhere......

If two members of the same household are members and have presale codes, it looks like only 4 tickets total can be purchased?

Even if each member uses a credit card in their name?

With different credit cards you should be OK, if past experience is any indication.  My wife and I have done this many times.  But if it's the same credit card account, you're in danger.  Even with different credit cards, though, you're in more danger if you try to use both sets of presale codes for the same show.

I have to just laugh at the whole process......its the only thing i can do to keep my sanity........

32 years of going to multiple U2 shows for each tour.......for me its all about the music.......i make sure i am set to buy enough tickets to go see a show as a family.......all 5 of us.......but only one code will work because i live with my wife, who is also a fan......also going for 32 years.......so i can only get 4 tickets..........

But yet, i read posts from friends i have met over the last 32 years and they have already have tickets to 6-8 shows?

Guess i should forget about being hones,t and just play the game......

I bought 4 tickets for the Dublin gig in the initial presale .

I'd like to buy 4 more for the Amsterdam 2 concert in the presale .

Whats the best way to do this ,if I renew my U2 sub will I get another presale code that I can use ?

Obviously I could use my current presale code for Amsterdam ,it still works,but that would be against the rules even though its unlikely Ticketmaster.ie and Ticketmaster.nl will share records.

Would a new membership under my wife using a separate credit card be best ?

You will not get another presale code for renewing your subscription. If you have already purchased 4 tickets on your sub, trying to purchase more presents the risk of losing them all. A new membership for your wife, using a different card, would be acceptable.

Can I ask a similar question please?

I managed to get 2 GA tickets for one show and my wife 2 GA for another show in a different city (4 tickets only in total). Both myself and my wife are long time members with separate accounts and in the madness of the pre-sale I used my code and my wife used hers. So two different membership codes. That is, one code for the first purchase and another for the second (different city). With the same credit card and address details, but only 4 tickets all up.

Is there any possible issue with that?

And if, by chance, there is another show announced in one of those cites would there be any issue with trying to use my code for possible pre-sale. Given each membership there is technically 2 tickets available to try for in the pre-sale.  So another 2 tickets. I would assume, having read through, that scenario it would be best to play it safe and use another cc.

Thanks. 

I managed to get 2 GA tickets for one show and my wife 2 GA for another show in a different city (4 tickets only in total). Both myself and my wife are long time members with separate accounts and in the madness of the pre-sale I used my code and my wife used hers. So two different membership codes. That is, one code for the first purchase and another for the second (different city). With the same credit card and address details, but only 4 tickets all up.

And if, by chance, there is another show announced in one of those cites would there be any issue with trying to use my code for possible pre-sale. Given each membership there is technically 2 tickets available to try for in the pre-sale.  So another 2 tickets. I would assume, having read through, that scenario it would be best to play it safe and use another cc.

Thanks.

If you have only used up two from the code, yes, you can purchase two more. As you said, would be best to use a different card, if possible.

You will not get another presale code for renewing your subscription. If you have already purchased 4 tickets on your sub, trying to purchase more presents the risk of losing them all. A new membership for your wife, using a different card, would be acceptable.

Thank you ,I will sign my wife up so using a different card.

Cheers

And if, by chance, there is another show announced in one of those cites would there be any issue with trying to use my code for possible pre-sale. Given each membership there is technically 2 tickets available to try for in the pre-sale. So another 2 tickets. I would assume, having read through, that scenario it would be best to play it safe and use another cc.

Thanks.

If you have only used up two from the code, yes, you can purchase two more. As you said, would be best to use a different card, if possible.

And if, by chance, there is another show announced in one of those cites would there be any issue with trying to use my code for possible pre-sale. Given each membership there is technically 2 tickets available to try for in the pre-sale. So another 2 tickets. I would assume, having read through, that scenario it would be best to play it safe and use another cc.

Thanks.

What if I used another CC but still unfer my name without exceding the (4) presale tixs available?

I mean (2) for one show under CC1 and (2) for another show under CC2 but bot CC under same name.

Thanks.

What if I used another CC but still unfer my name without exceding the (4) presale tixs available?

I mean (2) for one show under CC1 and (2) for another show under CC2 but bot CC under same name.

That is fine.

I'm worried we have made a mistake and will get our tickets cancelled last minute, can anyone advise?  Basically my wife bought 4 pre-sale tickets last week for the Barcelona gig through her Tickemaster account using the pre-sale code allocated to my own U2 account.

Both accounts share the same email address and billing address, but are obviously different account name holders.  Is there a chance our tickets will be cancelled? 

Further to above, what happens if the ticketholder can't make the concert for whatever reason (illness etc)?  If entry requires photo ID then would the friends who were due to go with the ticketholder be unable to enter?

Further to above, what happens if the ticketholder can't make the concert for whatever reason (illness etc)?  If entry requires photo ID then would the friends who were due to go with the ticketholder be unable to enter?

Speaking from experience, I've never been ID'd at entry, only at a will-call window.

What a minefield!!!

I used my pre sale code that is in my name but as we were using my partners credit card,  we booked the tickets in her name as we wanted the billing address and postage address to match.

Could this be an issue?

Edited by sezzer

As long as you are in the ticket limit,  you should be fine.  Make sure you take the credit card to the show.

So Ticketmaster is going to run an algorithm against account information to determine whether or not the same HOUSEHOLD bought more than 4 presale tickets. And, it sounds like the algorithm includes account id, billing address, and credit card but NOT presale code.

U2.com will sell subscriptions, and presale codes, to x number of members in the same household. "Did I disappoint you, leave a bad taste in your mouth".

How many people buy subscriptions for the free gift versus how many buy for the presale code?

Seems like their needs to a clear understanding between Ticketmaster and U2.com that 4 tickets are allowed per presale code, final answer. Or, U2.com sells only one subscription to household.