Sign in to follow this  
blur991

Wires vs RedHill assigment and Long term FanClub member

Anyone else experienced this? I am a long term member of U2.Com (7 year member, have bought successfully in 1st group for the last 3 tours) BUT my 2015 membership had lapsed. Signed up for 2017 membership BEFORE announcement, was a member last year as I got the - yet am not being shown as a "wires" / new subscriber. Have emailed customer service - no response yet as they are probably slammed.

Any info would be great!!

How do we know what group we are in?  I have not lapsed my u2.com membership ever.  I have a presale code. But I can't figure out which group I'm in.

If you feel your information is incorrect, I suggest calling the customer support team at:
1-800-615-1324 (inside the US)
+001-949-333-4820 (outside the US).

As you pointed out, they are in high demand right now, and a call will get a response quicker.

How do we know what group we are in?  I have not lapsed my u2.com membership ever.  I have a presale code. But I can't figure out which group I'm in.

It's visible in your Account info.

It's over your presale code on your account info page

It's over your presale code on your account info page

Thank you Mich and Mirrorballgirl! Found it!  Red Hill, phew!

Q - How do I know what presale priority group I am?

A - There are two groups of subscribers taking part in the presale and the email you receive with your presale code indicates which group you are in.

Our 'Red Hill Group' of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 24 Dec, 2016, have access from the first day of the presale. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTA...

Our 'Wires Group', who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the Merry Chrsitmas video on 25 Dec, 2016, enter early on the second day. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTB...

I'm in the same boat.  Been a member since 1987.   Confirmed a member with fanfire since 2007.  I got behind on my membership.  It expired in Sept 2016. I renewed after the Christmas video.  So now because of a three month lapse, I guess I'm a new member?  I mean I'm human?  I made a mistake?  Does my 30 years of membership not count for a lapse?  Plus as soon as that video came out I renewed!  I"m 46 years old, and have two kids, work, sorry U2 but I guess for three months you weren't my top priority and now I'm paying a price. Ugh.  

And I swear I let my membership lapse in off tour years before and it never did anything to my very senior citizen status.  

Ugh, I have a call and an urgent escalation with Fanfire and an email. I'm going to follow up.  

If anyone can help, I'll take it.   

I'm in the same boat.  Been a member since 1987.   Confirmed a member with fanfire since 2007.  I got behind on my membership.  It expired in Sept 2016. I renewed after the Christmas video.  So now because of a three month lapse, I guess I'm a new member?  I mean I'm human?  I made a mistake?  Does my 30 years of membership not count for a lapse?  Plus as soon as that video came out I renewed!  I"m 46 years old, and have two kids, work, sorry U2 but I guess for three months you weren't my top priority and now I'm paying a price. Ugh.  

And I swear I let my membership lapse in off tour years before and it never did anything to my very senior citizen status.  

Ugh, I have a call and an urgent escalation with Fanfire and an email. I'm going to follow up.  

Out of our hands... You can contact the customer service (either via the contact form or via phone, info on the HELP page ---> http://www.u2.com/help) Explain your situation to see if you can be reinstated to the other group...

Out of our hands... You can contact the customer service (either via the contact form or via phone, info on the HELP page ---> http://www.u2.com/help) Explain your situation to see if you can be reinstated to the other group...

I know, I'm just bummed.  And sad.  I've been a member for so long.  Here's my poor attempt at getting u2's attention on this.  I know it's useless.  Still I thought you all might get a kick out of this old form. 

https://twitter.com/hann23/status/818573740908814336

I know, I'm just bummed.  And sad.  I've been a member for so long.  Here's my poor attempt at getting u2's attention on this.  I know it's useless.  Still I thought you all might get a kick out of this old form. 

https://twitter.com/hann23/status/818573740908814336

That's really bad.

And I guess one who signed up for the first time f.ex. middle of december now get redhill "longtime subscribers".

I can understand you being frustrated ... Hope you cna get it sorted!

Really -- folk who signed up earlier in December got Red Hill?

Not sure about that, but as I've read elsewhere the Redhills are the ones who paid subscription prior to Dec 24, so before the video.

This comes from the FAQ's:

A - There are two groups of subscribers taking part in the presale and the email you receive with your presale code indicates which group you are in.

Our 'Red Hill Group' of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 24 Dec, 2016, have access from the first day of the presale. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTA...

Our 'Wires Group', who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the Merry Chrsitmas video on 25 Dec, 2016, enter early on the second day. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTB...

Yet Ticketmaster shows that Red Hill and Wires Group presales will occur at exactly the same day and time...

Looking like i will only be getting 1 seated ticket in the presale 

So after i hopefully get my ticket could i pass my presale code too someone else and they can get 3 tickets with it ????

Edited by paul_healy

So after i hopefully get my ticket could i pass my presale code too someone else and they can get 3 tickets with it ????

better to go on the safer side of the road and do not pass the presale code or make offers...

Looking like i will only be getting 1 seated tickets in the presale 

could get messy Paul if people start sharing codes (was against T&C's last time round, think the same applies this time). We do open up a face-value-only ticket swap thing here once presales over & general sales start, that usually works well (other U2 fan sites usually operate something along the same lines too)

Yeah don't share that code. I saw the FAQ. Thx though. Well I tried. Fingers crossed my phone call and long history as a fan fire customer helps.

If anyone was new to fan club registered prior to 12/25, and got Red Hill, let me know.

I can't do much with it but it might be useful info down the road.

Yet Ticketmaster shows that Red Hill and Wires Group presales will occur at exactly the same day and time...

No, it doesn't.  RH presale is Weds., Wires is Thurs. (see TM).  Actually (I added this later), looks like for US dates the presale dates clearly differ for the two groups; less clear for some European dates (although I bet that will be added/clarified).

Edited by mike7man

No, presale codes are nontransferable.  If you bought seated tix with your remaining codes (e.g., for friends--even for different dates than your show), these are hard tix, and you could pass them on.  GA (and probably RZ) tix, however, are "paperless", so you can't do that with those.  You'd have to have your friends meet you at the show, and then they could get in with you with you showing your ID, etc.  Big difference between seats (hard tix) and GA.

I am in the wires group unfortunately. Do you thing there will still be GA tickets available Thursday morning?

There should be enough GA available for the Wire group... the recommendation in this case is to enter as soon as the presale starts...

I am in the wires group unfortunately. Do you thing there will still be GA tickets available Thursday morning?

Nobody knows for sure.  But these stadiums are big, so there's lots of GA--so yes, most likely they will be available Thurs., I'd say--like Max just said.  If it was an arena, maybe not.

Edited by mike7man

ill stay on safe side and not share my code thanks for the advice guys

sitting down with a few cans watching all the videos i took from the 2015 2nd Dublin show, cant wait for this 

Absolutely.  They only allocate a limited number of tickets for each presale.