Sign in to follow this  
blur991

Wires vs RedHill assigment and Long term FanClub member

I am in the wires group unfortunately. Do you thing there will still be GA tickets available Thursday morning?

Absolutely. They only allocate a limited number of tickets for each presale.
Thanks! That definetly gives me piece of mind. I ended up paying $375 from vivid seats for I +E tour. It was my first U2 concert so it had to be GA for me. Now I'm hooked. I certainly don't have $375 this time around. Plus I don't trust second hand sellers.

I am in the wires group unfortunately. Do you thing there will still be GA tickets available Thursday morning?

Nobody knows for sure. But these stadiums are big, so there's lots of GA--so yes, most likely they will be available Thurs., I'd say--like Max just said. If it was an arena, maybe not.
Thanks! that puts my mind at ease a bit. This will be my first stadium tour. Do you have any advice for getting closer to the stage? I got lucky for I + E. Like is there a line and how early should I be there? Any advice would be appreciated. Edited by KristinlynnxU2

Nobody knows for sure. But these stadiums are big, so there's lots of GA--so yes, most likely they will be available Thurs., I'd say--like Max just said. If it was an arena, maybe not.
Thanks! that puts my mind at ease a bit. This will be my first stadium tour. Do you have any advice for getting closer to the stage? I got lucky for I + E. Like is there a line and how early should I be there? Any advice would be appreciated.

it's basically this ---> arrive early....

There should be enough GA available for the Wire group... the recommendation in this case is to enter as soon as the presale starts...

Thanks! I'm just really nervous about second hand buyers getting their hands on the GA tickets. In my experience with the last tour I had to purchase my ticket from vividseats to get GA. It totaled $375!

Thanks! that puts my mind at ease a bit. This will be my first stadium tour. Do you have any advice for getting closer to the stage? I got lucky for I + E. Like is there a line and how early should I be there? Any advice would be appreciated.

It depends on how close/maniacal you want to be.  For the rail (main stage or B-stage/catwalk), arrive in the morning for sure, the earlier the better.  If you're OK being a few rows back, something like noonish should do.

I would think GA tix would be pretty easy to get in either presale group and for that matter in the regular sale as well. LA and NY might be a little bit harder to get. I got GA tix for arenas last tour during the regular onsale which 10 years ago would have been next to impossible. With huge stadiums I think most people in the presales looking to get GA tix will be happy.

All. I had a 20 min convo with that proper u2 support line (the number above was for the store not u2.com member issues).

My take (and this is one mans opinion only), The short of it is unlike other tours the "system" really doesn't give a toss if you were a member in 2012 or 1985. The key is did you pay for 3 years membership since the last tour. Full disclosure I did not. Before anyone goes off on that, I did pay continuous from 2004-2010, and 2012, 15, and 16. So those long few years U2 were on tour) of which i used up my presale code on opening night for the first soldier field show x 4 tickets), I didn't pay for the next 18 months. That equals "new member because I renewed last night.

Now I get they don't want "new" people getting memberships day before tickets go on sale but this rep wasn't even allowed to change my presale status and she tried so, understanding that I've probably paid 600$ plus in membership over the years, and that's only since u2.com came online and not counting the checks my parents mail of my allowance for propaganda in school. I remember when this site was basically text only.

So to be a "seriously long term member" yet now be a "new subscriber" is bloody laughable. It sounds like others have been denied the 1st group for similar "lapses".

I'm sure the band would not agree with this methodology. It's either management or someone at livenation (2012 was that deal! Coincidence!?) that came up with this.

Anyhow, venting done. Let's hope wire works. I was "promised" that there would be a GA in the wire group.

(Oh and why not POP props ON this tour? 20 years!)

I'm sure the band would not agree with this methodology. It's either management or someone at livenation (2012 was that deal! Coincidence!?) that came up with this.

What does 2012 have to do here?

In 2009 when 360 tour was announced there were exactly the same rules... All members who were active at a certain cut-off date were in the first pre-sale group. Then 2nd group was members who had paid for subscription after the cut-off date. And then there were even newer members, who had joined days prior to pre-sale start. The same for SOI in 2014 - everyone with active subscription prior to the album launch was in first pre-sale group, everyone who joined after the announcement was in the 2nd group.

It's simple - don't let the subscription lapse. And if you did - either get lucky and subscribe again before their cut-off date, or join the pre-sale a day later.  

What does 2012 have to do here? -- This was the deal with livenation for 12 years of touring / albums. 

The same for SOI in 2014 - everyone with active subscription prior to the album launch was in first pre-sale group, everyone who joined after the announcement was in the 2nd group Pretty sure i did the exact same thing i did here, and i was 1st group.

It's simple - don't let the subscription lapse. And if you did - either get lucky and subscribe again before their cut-off date, or join the pre-sale a day later.  

It's not simple, mate. they can't call a group "long standing members" if you've only been a member for 3 months. It's like the NCAA tournament. It's the entire body of work. And what's actually simpler is if they don't tour (in your area) for 3 years, and one pays 50$ per year, and then a 70$ GA ticket, they may as well not pay any of it, and, wait till u2.com freesale and just buy redzone for 300$. net net we are almost equal and i could actually invest the other 200$ and make 8-10% YOY. But now we are getting into not so simple stuff. 

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm not super worried about it. The point was it's NOT the same. BTW did you know you had to send a SASE for Propaganda?

Edited by blur991

All. I had a 20 min convo with that proper u2 support line (the number above was for the store not u2.com member issues).

What was the number you called?

I am in the same situation as some here.  Member since the early Propaganda days (25+years) and my membership lapsed as I was not notified of the renewal.

Please provide the correct phone number to resolve this.

Many thanks.

I am in the same situation as some here.  Member since the early Propaganda days (25+years) and my membership lapsed as I was not notified of the renewal.

Please provide the correct phone number to resolve this.

Many thanks

They won't resolve it mate they say "too bad, i see your membership, but it lapsed for XX months, and there ya go". I am thinking about calling again tomorrow and trying to "escalate" after this post, knowing others are in the same boat. I will post number tomorrow AM early (USA time) I have it at the office, however, if you don't want to wait, call the above, and tell them membership issues, and the store contacts should be able to provide. 

Good luck and if any positive resolution, do let us know! 

I was in similar boat.  I called and had it escalated to a manager and was basically told "tough luck".   So, keeping fingers crossed for Thursday!

Edited by alintoff4

I'm a paid subscriber since 2004 and I'm a fan for more than 30 years. Last year I forgot to extend my paid description. I didn't get a reminder e-mail or something like that. Because of this I'm submitted to the wires group (new subscribers) in stead of the red hill group (long term subscribers).  I called customer service and they cannot(or don't want to) modify this. It's not possible to pay the missed year.  At the start of 2015 I missed the presales because of an issue of u2.com. I was lucky that it was solved for additional shows. It's very disappointing and I think this is not the way U2 should treat their biggest fans. I hope the band will read this and fix this for everyone with the same issue.

Recomendation: Keep checking periodically the site and this board - Notifications are always sent but the reality is that glitches happens. Any update (being album releases, tour dates, subscription dates, etc) are always mentioned in the site and here...

I think it's pretty poor that a longtime subscriber is only 3 weeks.  Surely it should be a few years.

I think it's pretty poor that a longtime subscriber is only 3 weeks.  Surely it should be a few years.

An unfortunate label to be sure, but I think having the cut-off as Dec 24th is fair as it gives those us us who maintained a membership through the non-touring years first crack at the pre-sale.

I had the same thing happen to me for the I&E tour. I inadvertently let my subscription lapse because I was not getting any emails from U2.com for some reason, so I never got a reminder. When I realized what had happened, I renewed immediately... I was told by customer support not to worry and that it would be based on your original membership date. When the presale codes came out for I&E, I was in the later group. My renewal date turned out to be ONE DAY after the cutoff date for the two groups!

I tried to get it resolved in a short time frame (just like this time, there is hardly any time between the announcement and the presale), but customer support wouldn't change it and I couldn't get a response from anyone higher up. Thankfully, however, I was able to get what I wanted on the second day of the presale.

Since then I have been VERY careful about making sure to renew. I do now get emails from U2.com, but I have my own reminders set up, too! Good luck to everyone getting what you want in the presale!

What was the number you called?

It seems like nobody is having any luck. But the (2nd) number was 1-855-867-5297 - Option 1.

I'm u2.com fan from years ago (10 o more years) but in this tour I have the Wire Group..WHY????? i'm the last tour i have Exper. code...WHY??? 

I'm u2.com fan from years ago (10 o more years) but in this tour I have the Wire Group..WHY????? i'm the last tour i have Exper. code...WHY??? 

as explained somewhere else, the most likely cause is because you may let the paid subcription lapse between presales...

On Ticketmaster, the venue that I'm interested in attending shows that both "Red Hill" and "Wires" groups have the same presale date and time. Is this a misprint since the U2 website says that Wires is on Day2 of the presale? When I looked at other venues "Wires" was on Day 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

On Ticketmaster, the venue that I'm interested in attending shows that both "Red Hill" and "Wires" groups have the same presale date and time. Is this a misprint since the U2 website says that Wires is on Day2 of the presale? When I looked at other venues "Wires" was on Day 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

What venue is this? please send us a link so we can report it.

thanks...