Sign in to follow this  
janwillem17

2nd days added to the tour will they also get U2.com presale? (MERGED)

An answer would very much be appreciated as it can be the difference of buying 4 tickets and trying to swap for tickets for the 2nd show or just get tickets for both days in presale 

Thanks!

JW

Edited by janwillem17

As of right now, there is no mention of additional shows.

As of right now, there is no mention of additional shows.

Yeah, but it's pretty clear from the (so far, very accurate) rumors that there will be (e.g., a 2nd Chicago show), given sales are going well, of course.

Regarding janwillem17's question, that's a tough one.  Usually, in the past (e.g., the 360 tour), added shows would just show up on TM (say, an hour into sales of the first show), and that would be that.  No presale, no nothing.  But, as I recall, for I & E 2015, U2 management would often wait for a bit, and then announce additional shows later--and that you could then use your remaining codes (if any) for these (I think).  Anybody else remember how this went w/the I & E tour?

So anyway, bottom line, it's unclear, which bites.  I actually have this problem too.

Edited by mike7man

with I+E they had presales when they added the Irish dates but no further presale codes were added. I knew this would happen so deliberately didn't use mine for the earlier presales for other venues, so that I could enter the Dublin presales. As for additional dates for already sold venues, I THINK they had extra presales sometimes but not sure...

I+E definitely had extra presales for additional shows.

But for stadium gigs this is often not the case, so I would like to have some information on this too.

This way I can decide whether to buy 2 tickets for one show so I can have another 2 for the second date, or 4 for show 1 so I can trade.

I had the same question so have looked back at my old email records.

On I+E, there were pre-sales for at additional dates in NY, Chicago, Boston, Montreal, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, and London.  Likely Dublin to although I'm not certain on that one. 

In other words, these shows were announced AFTER the first shows sold out, with a little bit of warning before the pre-sales began (probably a day's warning, maybe more).

On 360 Tour Final Leg, there were separate pre-sales for the 2nd (added) show and then for the 3rd (added later) show in Mexico City.

Same applied in Brazil, Argentina, NZ and Australia.

On 360 Tour First Leg, there were separate pre-sales for the added 2nd shows in Paris and London.

I'd say there were many more as well, I stopped looking after the above.

So, based on this, I think that when U2 announce additional Joshua Tree shows, they will likely give notice and allow pre-sale access to people who have not used their full pre-sale allotment.

***note this is just my guess*** but I think it's a well-educated guess !

Anybody in the states who can perhaps call u2.com anf try get an answer?

Someone can call, but I can guarantee that the answer you will receive will be similar to "As of right now, there is no mention of additional shows."

*IF* there are additional shows, these would be announced at a later time...

LiveNation states that this tour the stadium dates will be limited...maybe no additional shows?

At this particular moment, no way to tell.... no option but to wait...

Since it doesn't come from any official channel, it isn't... at this moment, there isn't any official information about any dates except of the ones already published...

Our local tv news channel when they did a segment on U2 comin to town. They rumored it was for May 20 and 21st for the Rose Bowl LA show. Know it's not official yet,

Well, the 'gaps' inbetween venues may indeed be big enough to push in some extra shows.

But we'll just have to wait ... patience is a virtue ;-)

I expect theyll be extra dates 360 did presales if i remember right for extra dates. Some of the USA support bands are doing presales too.

I mailed support this afternoon to ask about this in the hypothetical case that extra shows are added. On 360 and I&E they went through the same pre-sale process, so you would think the same will apply this time. Trying to judge whether to hold something back for a probable 2nd night in Dublin.

I mailed support this afternoon to ask about this in the hypothetical case that extra shows are added. On 360 and I&E they went through the same pre-sale process, so you would think the same will apply this time. Trying to judge whether to hold something back for a probable 2nd night in Dublin.

Yeah, pondering that one myself. Ideally, I'd try for two for Saturday in Dublin and hope for a further pre-sale for a second night.

Since it doesn't come from any official channel, it isn't... at this moment, there isn't any official information about any dates except of the ones already published...

Well can't the customer service show up for once on line? ;p