Sign in to follow this  
ceruzzi

GA or Red Zone?

Was wondering whether to go Red Zone or reserved seating. I am 5'5 and concerned about being able to see the stage in the red zone. Also wonder how easy it is to get to a bathroom from the RedZone. Would appreciate any feedback on these two aspects from those who have been in the red zone in the past. Thanks!

I brought my then just 11 year old to RZ in the last tour and it worked out really well. Plenty of space and when we got a rail, no issues with pushing or stealing spaces ! lol

He also lucked out...being a kid...in getting a guitar pic from the Edge.

He and I will check out a show this time as well and for now, am thinking RZ

I've done RED zone a few times. There's plenty of room & you don't have to wait in a GA line all day. I've found people to be pretty respectful although you may encounter people wanting to work their way in to a prime spot & the occasional drunk person, though there aren't many of those. Just stand your ground. We're all paying to be in that section. We all want to have a good time. I think you'd find it to be a nice section to be in.

I'm 5'4" I could see just fine. Bathrooms, I'm sure there are some. I'm not one to break away myself. I don't want to lose my spot. I'm sure you could if you're with someone who can stay in your spot while you go.

Edited by Shannon387

I've done RED zone a few times. There's plenty of room & you don't have to wait in a GA line all day. I've found people to be pretty respectful although you may encounter people wanting to work their way in to a prime spot & the occasional drunk person, though there aren't many of those. Just stand your ground. We're all paying to be in that section. We all want to have a good time. I think you'd find it to be a nice section to be in.

I'm 5'4" I could see just fine.

Thank you Shannon because I'm seriously considering buying a RED zone ticket if I can get away with it. I'll have to find convincing words like, it's for charity!! You give to the RED campaign and you give yourself a great,, hopefully anxiety free time. Often I would look over at the RED Zone during the IE Tour and people seemed to be pretty chill and not as crowded and pushy as those last minute creeper fans who don''t care that you have waited in line all day. Hopefully it will be offered at the presale.

This is what TicketMaster UK says:

Red Zone standing access is as per assigned entry route on tickets only.

No under 16's will be allowed on the pitch unless accompanied by an adult. Standing tickets only available to persons aged 14 and over.

All under 16's entering the stadium to be accompanied by Parent or Guardian.

Thanks so much for posting this. I can't find any info about GA age limits at US venues; has anyone else? khoobo, where on the TM site did you see this information? Maybe that will help us in the US find it! Thanks again!! :)

It is pretty laid back. I've never done a regular GA for U2 because it all seems so intense. RED zone is easy peasy.

I'm 5'4" I could see just fine. Bathrooms, I'm sure there are some. I'm not one to break away myself. I don't want to lose my spot. I'm sure you could if you're with someone who can stay in your spot while you go.

Think there's any chance of getting RZ tickets for the Rose Bowl show if I'm in the Wires presale group? 

I don't know unfortunately... I would definitely go for it. Not everyone wants to do RED zone or can afford it. You should in theory be able to get tickets

Edited by Shannon387

Rookie questions about floor/GA as I've always been in the seats above for U2. RZ tickets will be out of my price range so what could I reasonably expect if I bought GA floor tickets if I want to try to be near the stage.  How far in advance do you typically have to get in line?  Is there a mad rush when the doors open?  Do you get crushed if you are near the stage?  I'm 5'3" so I'm also wondering how well I'll be able to see with most people probably being taller than me. :-)  Thanks in advance! 

Hi, DJRice: I'm close to your height and definitely have gotten to venues the morning of the show in order to have a chance to get closer to the front. Yes, there is definitely usually a mad rush when the doors open, though staff will be telling people not to run. And as far as being crushed if you are near the stage: It varies greatly by venue and by tour. The best experiences I've had in GA usually involve getting to know the people you're in line with all day, eventually getting a spot near the stage together, and then looking out for one another while you're enjoying the show. The time you spend in the GA queue is definitely worth it if you're able to do it.

I am in wires group not sure why this is my 5th year as member but who cares. 

Anyhow does anyone know if I sign in first thing on thursday 9am sharp should I be able to get GA tickets or not?

Which would you do? Any news on prices? So excited but also stressed out!

I would say GA , but if you dont mid standing , and if you want to be close get ready to stand and extra 2 hours in the stadium plus the line outside. so 4 hours before show . 

If you get up front and show starts and you want to use bathroom , people get pissed off when you try to get back to where you were at front. On 360 at rogers stadium I went to bathroom and got shoved around trying to get back up front. people accused me of lying and budding in. Guy shoved me. i was nice and did'nt hurt him. Plus there was some older guy with his teen age boy friend whom was wacked out on drugs causing problems. Plus some drugging asking people to smoke weed, he was using flip phone with headset ..very odd. But concert was great 10 feet from stage had great time.

at rogers in to 35 for ga and 280 for red zone ... not cheap 

Why can't U2  just put how much tickets are on all levels?. I don't like being shocked.  I wont pay for REDZONE. I want regular seat tickets so i can enjoy the show not stand out for hours waiting to get a spot on the floor. I have a bad back and that is a lot of work.

I doubt the $35 are GA. My guess is $35 for poor seats in the 500s.

I doubt the $35 are GA. My guess is $35 for poor seats in the 500s.

General Admission tickets are $70/€70/£70

For this tour, based on the setup I'm thinking Red Zone is what I'll be doing. With 360 Tour and how they used nearly the entire stage it wasn't always the best view, but at least with this tour, there's only the catwalk, which at times will seem far away, but being against the barrier of the Red Zone will definitely play into still getting a good view.

No under 16's will be allowed on the pitch unless accompanied by an adult. Standing tickets only available to persons aged 14 and over.

Thanks so much for posting this. I can't find any info about GA age limits at US venues; has anyone else? khoobo, where on the TM site did you see this information? Maybe that will help us in the US find it! Thanks again!! :)

My 10 year old and 7 year old nephews were in GA during the I+E tour without any issues.  They were even up front (and got Adam's drumsticks!!)

My 10 year old and 7 year old nephews were in GA during the I+E tour without any issues.  They were even up front (and got Adam's drumsticks!!)

Larry's drumsticks.

"In Europe, there are some odd and unclear restrictions re: GA and children (and I have to see a clear distinction on this point between RZ and GA.).  Just be sure your kids will be able to get in before dishing out the big bucks."

Where exactly in Europe? I am going to Berlin with 2 kids - am I suppose to be worry that there is restriction for children regarding GA tickets?

"In Europe, there are some odd and unclear restrictions re: GA and children (and I have to see a clear distinction on this point between RZ and GA.).  Just be sure your kids will be able to get in before dishing out the big bucks."

Where exactly in Europe? I am going to Berlin with 2 kids - am I suppose to be worry that there is restriction for children regarding GA tickets?

I ve been in State de France for the 360 with my son of 12 years old, it was fun he enjoyed the show and was no problem, he was right where the red zone started, so was perfect! and people is always friendly when kids. :)

i did Red Zone at 360 in London and was totally worth it! Arrived at the O2  Arena late on the I & E tour and managed to get next to the Red Zone without any hassle - so would do it it for a stadium tour but not for an arena!

I emailed today with similar question to Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, CA) They just answered that "Children are allowed at this concert". No particular age restrictions. Anyways I'm still concerned to take my 9 yo daughter. I mean it's overcrowded show, etc. Not sure if it's safe for kids.

I emailed today with similar question to Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, CA) They just answered that "Children are allowed at this concert". No particular age restrictions. Anyways I'm still concerned to take my 9 yo daughter. I mean it's overcrowded show, etc. Not sure if it's safe for kids.

I wouldn't take them into GA unless you plan to stay towards the back.  Of course children can be in the seats and Red Zone would be fine.

i highly doubt GA TO for $35. more likely close to $100. FYI