Sign in to follow this  
richie459

Croke Park GA

Anyone have any idea what the graphic on Ticketmaster means for GA? Seems its split into two halves?

Not 100

Anyone have any idea what the graphic on Ticketmaster means for GA? Seems its split into two halves?

Not 100% sure but there are two figures mentioned on TM for GA Tickets - pitch 1 and pitch 2 are most likely different priced categories.  I know they both have separate entry points, so guessing there will be some form of security/barrier in place.

Not 100% sure but there are two figures mentioned on TM for GA Tickets - pitch 1 and pitch 2 are most likely different priced categories.  

No it's not.

First arrived first served.

At least that was the case for the 360 tour.

I know they both have separate entry points, so guessing there will be some form of security/barrier in place.

Yeah. Even though there's no catwalk this time, being in the Pitch 2 zone makes you closer to the stage and the band.

(Been there done that :) )

Separate entry points, separate lines : be sure to get the good one upon arrival in front of Croke Park's entrance.

(Strangely enough, some people  are there VERY early but chose to go to the other side of the barrier. Not this time obivously, because there's no catwalk.)

Will there be two price categories for Croke Park?

I've seen that in the past at concerts in Belgium and Holland. Front of stage section cost a bit more, but secured a spot in the FOS section.

Anyone?

Edited by wtonis

I went to Croke for the 360 and know there wasn't any of this in place. It was just standard GA.

But due to it being clearly identified on the seating plan two different sections it leads me to think they will be different prices for each half.

Any outdoor gig I have been to with a "first come first served" front section has never had it displayed on a seating plan.

Plus according to the venue information they will not allow lines to form outside the venue prior to gates opening - maybe has something to do with it?

I went to Croke for the 360 and know there wasn't any of this in place. It was just standard GA.

But due to it being clearly identified on the seating plan two different sections it leads me to think they will be different prices for each half.

...and two price catogory means no need to queue all day for a good spot. We've seen the two price category system recently with Coldplay shows here in Holland. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It would just be nice to know what the exact categories are and the prices before they go on sales jsut so you can have an idea of cost for budgets etc.

I've already paid 638 Euros for two rooms for one night :huh:  So now my fear is how much a half decent ticket will cost!

It would just be nice to know what the exact categories are and the prices before they go on sales jsut so you can have an idea of cost for budgets etc.

I've already paid 638 Euros for two rooms for one night :huh:  So now my fear is how much a half decent ticket will cost!

about the same here + flights from Holland for me and my daughter..  but then again, seeing U2 play on Holy Ground means a lot to me.

Emailed Croke on the remote chance they'll actually email back before tomorrow with any clarification.

We'll find out tomorrow then. I'd be happy to see two categories for GA; please post if you hear something.

I've already paid 638 Euros for two rooms for one night :huh:  

Same here, for one room/two nights.

The prices suddenly skyrocketed !

(I booked three nights, hoping for a second gig. )

Any outdoor gig I have been to with a "first come first served" front section has never had it displayed on a seating plan.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

But the catwalk on the 360 tour was, de facto, the barrier.

We'll see tomorrow.

(My opinion is there's only one GA price.)

You have to remember though, the stage for the 360 Tour was massive. And the back of it started on the pitch, as a temporary stand was put up.

he stage this summer will be where the stand was for 360, leaving the whole length of the pitch for GA.  So I can definitely see there being two price categories and two sections in GA. [iMO].

You have to remember though, the stage for the 360 Tour was massive. And the back of it started on the pitch, as a temporary stand was put up.

he stage this summer will be where the stand was for 360, leaving the whole length of the pitch for GA.  So I can definitely see there being two price categories and two sections in GA. [iMO].

I was there as well and agree - if all stands as we know it - do we purchase Pitch 2 if there is a choice? ( seems as though closest to stage SHOULD be Pitch 1 - but not indicated that way on the graphic- Keep posted best of luck to everyone.

Edited by nitz1

I was there as well and agree - if all stands as we know it - do we purchase Pitch 2 if there is a choice? ( seems as though closest to stage SHOULD be Pitch 1 - but not indicated that way on the graphic- Keep posted best of luck to everyone.

If there are two price ranges for Dublin GA, then the more expensive one would be closest to the stage.

Well its one of two scenarios - 

The chart is right and it's two different tiers of pricing for GA or the chart is showing a barrier it shouldn't do giving a false impression.

One thing is for sure you will not be segregated into different sections dependent on wether you get tickets in the pre sale or go in different entrances etc.

Another eagle eyed forum member put this in another post - 

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/coldplay-a-head-full-of-dublin-07-08-2017/event/18005143AA7D7133?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Could maybe be a sign it will be that way.

Well that's bad for all the early GA que-ers - hope it is not randomly generated - Die hard GA fans will be extreemly upset if they que early and are told they have to go in back because the ticket they were issued says so ---

Edited by nitz1

I imagine it's via Ticketmaster as it doesn't appear on any other sites I can find

Maybe they're splitting it up for safety purposes.  Springsteen pens in the first quarter-to-third of the GA floor at his US stadium shows.