Sign in to follow this  
richie459

Croke Park GA

Coldplay tickets for Croke Park have 3 pitches. I was trying to see Coldplay tickets and you really had to choose your Pitch right there! As far as I could see, the price is the same for all three pitches. But what is worrying me, when I look at the Coldplay chart, it makes sense, Pitch 1 is in front and Pitch 2 is behind. Why on U2's chart Pitch 2 is up front and Pitch 1 behind??? I will certainly be going as close as possible, so I will definitely buy Pitch 2, I am just worried, what if this is a mistake and I end up behind with my Pitch 2 ticket?

So, Croke Park would be the only venue where there would be two GA sections ?

I can imagine there's a barrier somehow, not figured in other stadiums charts ; but I cannot imagine there's two GA prices and even less that you can choose right now between those two.

45mn still, and we'll know.

So there IS a Pitch 2 you can choose...

Let's hope the Croke Park seating chart was right...

Yes, I just bought 4x tickets for "pitch 2" at Croker.  I kind of rushed through it but I *think* they were priced the same as Pitch 1.

Have taken a screenshot of the seating diagram so I can kick up a stink if it changes down the line!

Delighted to have gotten the tickets.  Roll on July.

I'm in the UK trying to buy tickets for Croke park in the pre-sale, but the TM.ie website is telling me tickets aren't on sale yet.  Can anyone tell me why or what I'm doing wrong?

Also does anyone know when red zone tickets will come on sale?

Thanks

I'm in the UK trying to buy tickets for Croke park in the pre-sale, but the TM.ie website is telling me tickets aren't on sale yet.  Can anyone tell me why or what I'm doing wrong?

Also does anyone know when red zone tickets will come on sale?

Thanks

I'm in Northern Ireland and got the same message. It was the first thing that came up at 09:00. I'm assuming it means the tickets sold out immediately but it would be good if we could have clarification on this from Ticketmaster. I have to go to work soon.

Anyone have any idea what the graphic on Ticketmaster means for GA? Seems its split into two halves?

I logged on at 9 am and was unable to get Pitch 2 (Front one) so I had to book pitch 1. Not sure how many tickets there were in the first pre-sale group for Pitch 2. Then again I am thrilled to be going at all. Besides, Dublin = Holy ground :-)

I believe that the two pitches refer only to different entries to the stadium.

Since the tickets have the same price, it doesn't make sense that GA will have a strict division like that. It might be a barrier for safety reasons, not to crush people in FOS, but I guess it's a first come, first served basis, like every other GA concert, including PopMart, Vertigo, 360 and so on...

Of course, having an official word on it before the second concert goes on sale woule be brilliant.

My guess is they are different sections as there was the option on the site.

Normally with different entrances they just print the allocated ammount themselves when tickets are printed.

Hi All, hope you're having fun with Ticketmaster this morning. Has anyone else had this issue, booked standing space at Croke Park Pitch 2 to find when the tickets were emailed to me that there are row and seat numbers for another part of the ground have checked with Ticketmaster and a recorded message seems to suggest that all standing tickets will have seat numbers. But this seems to be no suggestion anywhere on the ticket that it is a standing ticket. Dream come true to get tickets to see U2 in Dublin might be slightly soured if I've got to sit my fat arse down.

Hi All, hope you're having fun with Ticketmaster this morning. Has anyone else had this issue, booked standing space at Croke Park Pitch 2 to find when the tickets were emailed to me that there are row and seat numbers for another part of the ground have checked with Ticketmaster and a recorded message seems to suggest that all standing tickets will have seat numbers. But this seems to be no suggestion anywhere on the ticket that it is a standing ticket. Dream come true to get tickets to see U2 in Dublin might be slightly soured if I've got to sit my fat arse down.

Usually, when standing tickets have seating information, it's for control issues...

but for you own peace of mind, please contact TM - probably when things go back to normal - to ask about this...

Don't worry about the "seat number" in GA

They have to assign a number to your "seat" , even when it's Standing Only for security reasons  : there's a maximum number of people permitted.

Don't worry, you're fine.

Edited by arnaudt

My standing area tickets (Ticketfast PDF file) for Dubiln say PITCH2 under "Section".  They also have a 2-digit alphanumeric code under "NUMBER" and then a 3-digit number right next to this.

Below that, in bold lettering it says "​GEN ADMISSION​".

Then in the section near the price, it says PITCH 2 STANDING, RED ROUTE, ENTER VIA ST JAMES A, FOSTER TCE & TURNSTI

If your ticket has all this info, then you're also in Pitch 2 and I'll see you there :-)

If yours do NOT say GEN ADMISSION, they I think you have a problem and as another poster suggested, you should contact Ticketmaster after the melee cools down.

I tried to buy Red Zone for Dublin  - at 9.00 am this morning - tried it up until 10.30 - has ANYONE managed to get RED ZONE tickets? I am wondering if they actually went on sale for Croke Park??

Looks like the Ga will have 2 entrances Red and green route my pitch 2 are red I saw others pitch 2 green route so it looks lik queing early may not be allowed

What entrance do others have

I too have RED route ... Entrance via ST James A .... Foster TCE & Turnsti ...... what ever that means ...

Overnight queuing shouldn't be allowed being a residential area.

Early queue happened in the past

I too have RED route ... Entrance via ST James A .... Foster TCE & Turnsti ...... what ever that means ...

Confirmed RED ROUTE

Overnight queuing shouldn't be allowed being a residential area.

Early queue happened in the past

I think this is the issue between their last Croke Park gigs and now there have been some compromises reached with locals residents.