Sign in to follow this  
PeterM1

Disabled / Accessibility Ticketing (MERGED)

Hiyya Mods, are we keeping you busy  ;)

I'm hoping to get a pair of tickets for the Twickenham gig tomorrow (I'm in the Red Hill pre-sale group) As my wife is disabled I will need to buy tickets preferably for the pitch-side viewing platforms. Will I be able to buy suitable tickets on the on-line pre-sale?

I had a similar dilemma for the #U2IETour when we saw them at the O2. I ended up buying the tickets on-line then was able to phone the venue and exchange the tickets for ones in a designated disabled viewing area.

What would you recommend? 

Please contact Twickenham by phone and explain your situation, so they can direct on what to do...

let us know what they answer, please...

Thanks Max

There is quite a helpful section on the Twickenham website...

http://www.englandrugby.com/tickets/disabled-ticketing/

The lady I got through to recommends phoning again tomorrow at 09:00am and I will be able to book tickets then along with on-site parking.

Furthermore there will be disabled viewing platforms over the front few rows of blocks L3-L5 

16590s.gif

Thank you!  This is very helpful.  I will try to get disabled for the LA concert as my Mom and Dad want to come and they are both disabled.  I didn't realize you can exchange later.  I hope Ticketmaster is the US is equally helpful....  

If anyone in the US has done presale disabled, please let me know how it went...

Edited by kath00

Getting disabled tickets for the croke park gig tomorrow as brother in a wheelchair. Been trying to fund information on them all week and finally got my answer this morning from ticketmaster customer care

They priced at €76 plus booking fee and that is for the wheelchair platforms in the pitch 2 area (normally these are at the back of the pitch so delighted to know will have a decent view for once). You also get a free carers ticket for that price.

They told me even though presale begins at 9am (I'm in the wires group) that they be able to sort us out if ring from 8.30am tomorrow

Do not waste your time trying to get GA seats for the accessible platforms if they exist in your city.  There are none available.  Buy regular GA tickets and then call Ticketmaster to have them converted to Accessible GA tickets once the show goes on sale to the general public.  I highly suggest you do this as soon as the show does go on sale for everyone.   ESPECIALLY: Don't waste your time filling out that silly form asking you to give all your information and an agent will get back to you.  (That is the Request Accessible Seating button which is located towards the upper right hand of the window where you purchase tickets.)
  You will get an email telling you what I just did. There are no specific Accessible GA tickets available.  I finally just got a definitive answer on this in an email from Ticketmaster.  I shall retype it, word for word, below, so here goes:

Hello David,

Thanks for contacting us, my name is ----- and I'll be helping with all your questions today!

We're glad you're eager to see The Joshua Tree Tour 2017!  Unfortunately, accessible seats are not being sold during the presale for this event.

Please contact us back with your request for accessible seats when tickets are on sale to the General Public.

Tickets will be sold for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 on 01-17-17 at 10AM CST.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Have a great day!  (That really got me fired up about this.)

If you need anything else, just reply to this email or visit Help on Ticketmaster.com!  (gotta love the extra effort in those exclamation points!)

It's ludicrous. Seriously?  Fill out a form?  We'll get back to you?  It's a presale!  It's U2 and they are GAs! 

If that is not enough; there is more.  Lol  ( I am writing this with humor but it is true. )

IN ADDITION:

There is also an option to outright purchase Accessible Tickets in the lower left hand corner of the window where everyone buys their tickets; albeit accessible or not.  This option even has a space where you can enter your presale code and it even recognizes it.  That is also useless. 

I could not get GAs using this accessibility option.  I tried and tried and tried and got an error window, or a window stating that they were not able to process my request.  As soon as I tried to buy 4 regular GA seats...they popped right up and I bought them. (Thank you to the powers that be as it was two hours and thirty minutes into the presale.)  I'm a happy camper.  I am writing this for others.  I wish I could have done so hours ago but I had to make certain my suspicions and complaints were just.

It is up to you, but I think you are wasting precious time getting Accessible GAs, which the email clearly states do not even exist in the presale.

I've gone through this many times, in many different ways, for many different shows with Ticketmaster.  I am writing all of this to help others who might otherwise get frustrated, give up and not go to the show for any number of reasons.

My sister spent all day trying to get disabled tickets for the Cleveland show during the presale. Very disheartening. She was told by Ticketmaster that a ticket request has been made and we need to wait 48 hours for her request to go through and they will contact her by phone. It seems a bit discriminatory that it took all day, many phone calls, every person she spoke to gave her a different story, disconnections, thrown off Ticketmaster website many times just to get these wheelchair accessible tickets. We are hopeful the last person she spoke to will contact her back so we can go to the show and bring my brother in law who needs the accommodations. We are a group of 4 trying to have seats together so she can have any help needed and enjoy the show.

My sister spent all day trying to get disabled tickets for the Cleveland show during the presale. Very disheartening. She was told by Ticketmaster that a ticket request has been made and we need to wait 48 hours for her request to go through and they will contact her by phone. It seems a bit discriminatory that it took all day, many phone calls, every person she spoke to gave her a different story, disconnections, thrown off Ticketmaster website many times just to get these wheelchair accessible tickets. We are hopeful the last person she spoke to will contact her back so we can go to the show and bring my brother in law who needs the accommodations. We are a group of 4 trying to have seats together so she can have any help needed and enjoy the show.

do let us know what happens seajewel

Might be different using other ticketmaster sites but I'm after ordering wheelchair disabled access tickets for the gig in croke park using presale with no bother at all.

Just have to ring ticketmaster.ie up and order over the phone once you have a presale code

Same here.  Trying to get a pair of wheelchair access seats for me/my wife (who is disabled) for Tampa, FL USA show.  No access to HC seating via Wires Group presale.  Ive talked to Ticketmaster and they say there is nothing they can do.  HC seats were not made avail for presale.  Im just going to have to wait until public ticket sales.  I paid the extra $85 to get the presale/U2.com membership last week.  This is extremely discriminatory.  

When viewing the Red Hill presale yesterday (although I was waiting for Wire Group), there was a 'buy my map' option tab that allowed you to show only HC seating.  That option is gone today for Wire Group. 

Edited by newgranada

For those going to the L.A./Rosebowl show, once inside go to 'Tunnel 28' and guest services can swap out your tickets.

There is one seat stadium chair, a seat for a wheel chair and if more are needed staff can provide a fold out chair. Fold out chairs can be placed where a wheelchair would go if it is not needed.

Was just there for the Rose Bowl football game and the staff were very helpful. I hope this helps.

http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/visitor-center/ada

Voice: (626) 577-3101 TTY: (626) 577-3187

MetLife just provided me with similar information. Though I know they had to say it was 'pending availability' it still worries me not to know until the day of the show.

I wish everyone trying to get accessible seating luck though. They should make a better effort to accommodate people prior to show date through ticketmaster.

Edited by soph123

I can confirm that I received a similar answer from Ticketmaster over the phone as the original poster did. I was actually going to attempt to talk to them during the venue presale today just to see if I can get a jump ahead of the general on sale, but the person I spoke to (second person. first person was clueless) said to wait for the general on sale.

I managed to get disabled tickets this morning direct from Twickenham. I was having panic attack waiting 40 mins on the phone. The presale code was no problem and one good thing is that Twickenham ask you to email proof of disability, stops the fakers taking our tickets ;)

Also had no luck getting ADA tickets via TM for the Seattle show. Ended up getting 3 GA tickets and hope I can call the venue/TM in the morning to swap for accessible seats.

What a nightmare.  No handicapped/disabled seats were avail via Ticketmaster's presale.  And there wasn't even an option to look into them, just "best seats avail".  After a collective phone/internet time of close to 5 hours w/ Ticketmaster and U2.com I finally got HC seating on my own by going to Ticketmaster, looking up the show I wanted, and clicking a new tab (that was not avail during presale login) called "buy on the map". I clicked "show HC seating only" tab and found the seats I wanted.  The catch? They were being sold with an additional $50 join the fan club fee.  So, I did it (although Im already a paid member).  I was never asked for a presale code or anything.  U2.com is refunding me the $50. 

So, 2 issues here.  Ticketmaster not accommodating when it comes to disabled patrons.  HC seating not being readily available during the presale AND my biggest head-scratcher, that I was able to buy tix during a presale with no code by paying an extra $50.00.  This seems so unfair to longtime paid members of the club.  

I hope this all makes sense? hahahahaha. I am in the US. 

Day 2 of presale .... still no confirmation of disability tickets requested yesterday for Cleveland. My sister contacted Ticketmaster yet again. Spoke to someone else who had difficulty but finally found her request from day 1 and was emailed a long form to fill out and email back to Ticketmaster with no confirmation of seats yet.... we are left only with hope they contact us back ...... horrible situation.

I managed to get disabled tickets this morning direct from Twickenham. I was having panic attack waiting 40 mins on the phone. The presale code was no problem and one good thing is that Twickenham ask you to email proof of disability, stops the fakers taking our tickets ;)

I had a similar experience with Twickenham. Looks like its a bit of a "venue lottery"  :( I've just got the rather nervous wait for them to confirm they accept the proof of disability I've sent in and the tickets arriving  :huh:

So my presale code was never used and wasted. After jumping through all of Ticketmaster's hoops to request disability tickets for Cleveland since Wednesday the beginning of LONGTIME subscribers presale, Ticketmaster got back via email at 5 AM this morning "sorry no presale disability tickets available please try again during the public sale." Thank you Ticketmaster. May I suggest some kind of accommodation be made for fan club members with disabilities. Obviously that has not been considered. Will make the request during the public sale but very doubtful about acquiring tickets and attending the show. I am a very disappointed LONGTIME U2 fan.

This just can't get any better. Ticketmaster offered a solution with 2 wheelchair accessible and 2 in close proximity asking if that would work. ... Responding yes within 10 minutes via email. Only to receive an email back 3 hours later. Sorry no seats available. Now I'm really pissed and feeling discriminated against.

This just can't get any better. Ticketmaster offered a solution with 2 wheelchair accessible and 2 in close proximity asking if that would work. ... Responding yes within 10 minutes via email. Only to receive an email back 3 hours later. Sorry no seats available. Now I'm really pissed and feeling discriminated against.

This will be my fourth attempt at responding to your post.  The first two I deleted.  The third one I was SO careful not to delete and I posted it.  Success!  Nope.  I had quoted PeterM1 which rendered it to nonsense.  I did not freak, rather; copied.. only to discover that my text would not paste!  lol   Hopefully the fourth time is a charm...

I would call the box office of the stadium as soon as they open tomorrow or when you can.  Calmly explain what happened.  Ask them if they can help you.  If not, can someone else?  Is there someone who handles accommodating accessibility patrons?  If so can you speak to them?  I mention these ? from experience.  I had to call Soldier Field over a dozen times before I got to the right person.  The stadium was closed for the season. It was a couple years ago but winter then too. That means no box office.  Most stadiums are essentially renting the place to the promoter and don't bear the brunt of responsibility for the show.  I finally realized the only thing open within SField was the Chicago Bears.  I called them and pleaded for someone to get me to whomever could help me with accessible tickets.  Luckily it worked and I get the help I need to see the shows.  I'm posting all of this hoping anyone else dealing with this is reading and it helps anyone who it stuck in this situation.

Getting by the operators who randomly answer calls for stadiums can be tricky because they are slammed with calls about these shows. They generally have a rehearsed answer saying call TM or something close to it because everyone is trying to get seats or get better ones.  Once I got to the right persons, they were great as I got the seats I needed for a few shows now.  I hope this helps and the whole unpleasant experience turns into a blessing with great seats where you need.  Good Luck. 

Edited by Manohlive

Do not waste your time trying to get GA seats for the accessible platforms if they exist in your city.  There are none available.  Buy regular GA tickets and then call Ticketmaster to have them converted to Accessible GA tickets once the show goes on sale to the general public.  I highly suggest you do this as soon as the show does go on sale for everyone.   ESPECIALLY: Don't waste your time filling out that silly form asking you to give all your information and an agent will get back to you.  (That is the Request Accessible Seating button which is located towards the upper right hand of the window where you purchase tickets.)

You will get an email telling you what I just did. There are no specific Accessible GA tickets available.  I finally just got a definitive answer on this in an email from Ticketmaster.  I shall retype it, word for word, below, so here goes:

Hello David,

Thanks for contacting us, my name is ----- and I'll be helping with all your questions today!

We're glad you're eager to see The Joshua Tree Tour 2017!  Unfortunately, accessible seats are not being sold during the presale for this event.

Please contact us back with your request for accessible seats when tickets are on sale to the General Public.

Tickets will be sold for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 on 01-17-17 at 10AM CST.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Have a great day!  (That really got me fired up about this.)

If you need anything else, just reply to this email or visit Help on Ticketmaster.com!  (gotta love the extra effort in those exclamation points!)

It's ludicrous. Seriously?  Fill out a form?  We'll get back to you?  It's a presale!  It's U2 and they are GAs! 

If that is not enough; there is more.  Lol  ( I am writing this with humor but it is true. )

IN ADDITION:

There is also an option to outright purchase Accessible Tickets in the lower left hand corner of the window where everyone buys their tickets; albeit accessible or not.  This option even has a space where you can enter your presale code and it even recognizes it.  That is also useless. 

I could not get GAs using this accessibility option.  I tried and tried and tried and got an error window, or a window stating that they were not able to process my request.  As soon as I tried to buy 4 regular GA seats...they popped right up and I bought them. (Thank you to the powers that be as it was two hours and thirty minutes into the presale.)  I'm a happy camper.  I am writing this for others.  I wish I could have done so hours ago but I had to make certain my suspicions and complaints were just.

It is up to you, but I think you are wasting precious time getting Accessible GAs, which the email clearly states do not even exist in the presale.

I've gone through this many times, in many different ways, for many different shows with Ticketmaster.  I am writing all of this to help others who might otherwise get frustrated, give up and not go to the show for any number of reasons.

I am such a dummy.  I forgot:  Call Ticketmaster Customer Service if you have tickets and need to have them switched to disabled/accessible seating.  Don't call the number to buy tickets. They are different.  Ticketmaster's customer service number is: 1-800-653-8000...this is IF you have tickets. You cannot buy tickets using that number and will be wasting precious time if you don't already have tickets.

You should be able to find accessible seating online using the map in the general public sale.  There is an option to just see accessible seating which is available.  It is usually in the upper right quadrant of the window when purchasing seats.

Edited by Manohlive

Thanks for all the info. I'm not trying for GA, just seats anywhere actually. The problem is the stadium is not close to home so we would be traveling a distance. Hotel rooms and long car ride. We don't want to take a chance buying seats and asking to have them switch to accessible only to find out it can't be done. I have no faith in Ticketmaster helping out with that. I have tried the stadium and yes have gotten someone who says they have nothing to do with ticket sales you must go through Ticketmaster. Tomorrow I will try and get someone else with more authority. And yes keep getting emails from Ticketmaster with ridiculous answers .... so disheartening. Everything you stated has happened. Never thought this would be the case when starting out to purchase tickets back on Wednesday. Now the presale us over and Ticketmaster dropped the balll and my code won't help anymore. I'll have to take off work Tuesday for the general sale to try to sort it out. But not giving up yet. But thanks for all the great information. Does seem like a case of discrimination against fans with disabilities. Will keep fighting the fight.

I had 360 GA Croke and bust my ankle, the concert promoter in Ireland swapped them for wheelchair and assistant tickets and refunded the difference.

Try the promoter, it worked for me ... hope it does for you

I can report I was able to get 1 wheelchair accessible with companion and 2 seats really far away in the nose bleed section for our group of 4 for Cleveland .... Ticketmaster Fan Support was reluctant to help and when I told her I have been trying since the beginning of the presale Wednesday she agreed. Unfortunate that at 10 AM there was no way of getting our seats together. Interesting fact she told me the promoters don't include the wheelchair accessible seats in the presale. They forget. Thought it was odd. And there was no way for me to click anywhere on the screen during the presale and choose wheelchair accessible. Note to self in the future, hopefully it's helpful information for others enjoy the tour everyone.