Sign in to follow this  
chus3r

Dallas: AT&T Stadium Acoustics

I did not go to last U2 show in Dallas at AT&T Stadium, but if you are considering Dallas you may want to read this review of the acoustics. Particularly troubling are the high levels. Seems like GA and first level close to the stage would be good, but otherwise you might be rolling the dice. Most of the other stadiums are open air, except Houston which also has a retractable roof. 

http://www.star-telegram.com/living/article97792317.html

I'm considering going elsewhere where acoustics will not be a challenge personally...fingers crossed. 

Thanks for posting.  Because the band's not coming to Denver I'll be going to the Dallas show with family in the area and am a little bummed that JerryWorld is the venue.  I'll have to hope for seats where the sound is good.  Would have preferred the Cotton Bowl, where I saw them for the Popmart tour. 

I don't know how U2 manages in Dallas, but I recently attended Coldplay last year and sat in the 300 club level and sound was great. 

I don't know how U2 manages in Dallas, but I recently attended Coldplay last year and sat in the 300 club level and sound was great. 

Yeah, I was in Club 312 for Coldplay and thought it sounded great. And that's probably one of the nicest stadiums I've ever been to (which begrudges me to say as a 49ers fan)

Referring to Coldplay "sounding great" you guys are obviously talking about the quality of the sound, not the quality of the music :).  I was in GA the last time U2 played at AT&T and the sound was fine, but I remember that there were a lot of comments from people in the upper tiers that said it was horrible and some parts were complete mush.  Hopefully they will have the roof open this time.

I went to the last U2 show in Dallas (with Muse opening) and thought the sounds was great. Granted I was in one of the lower sections, so not sure how it sounded further away. Very excited about seeing them again here!

I was on the GA rail outside the circle at 360 and the sound for Muse was terrible but improved for U2. I was in the rafters for Coldplay in the back stage left corner and thought the sound was a disaster. Echo-y and distorted and then they started the fog and we were literally above the clouds. Both sounded much better at AAC, but it is what it is. Get your parking sorted early. We found out the hard way at Coldplay that Jerry's lots and the affordable private lots sell out and then the gougers come out.

I went on ahead and bought my parking pass already for the show through Ticketmaster. Parking over there is tough. I went to the 360 show and was in the lower level and the sound was fine, but that was in the lower level on the side. 

I live right down the street from AT&T Stadium. I have been to many events in the stadium. I was at the first ever event (George Strait) in the stadium. I got the highest possible seats just so I could see how big it really was. I have been to concerts (good and bad) all over US and Europe. The sound for George Strait was terrible. AT&T Stadium is extremely large and cavernous and it has glass doors in both endzones. The second event was Jonas Brothers. I did not attend that event but I heard all you could hear was screaming. The third ever event was U2 360 (10/12/2009). People with the resources of U2 are able to make the most of the stadium. First they put sound curtains to cover up the glass doors in the end zones during concerts. Muse opened up and were awesome. I was fortunate to be close to the stage. My wife picked the seats so we saw U2 but really could not see the spectacular stage show that you could see further back and higher up. To wrap up, I like seeing them in arenas which are smaller and usually have better acoustics. Otherwise, U2 IS AWESOME IN A PLACE THIS BIG! It will be too hot in Texas on May 26 to open the roof. I sure hope they don't open the roof.

Edited by kb20019