Trudor

Red Zone - is it worth it? (MERGED)

Hey!

Anyone here with Redzone experience? During the 360Tour it looked pretty fancy, not to crowded. But during the last tour it looked a bit like a ripoff, only partially along the stage. I don't like GA, because I don't have time to stand in line all day to catch a good spot.

Hey!

Anyone here with Redzone experience? During the 360Tour it looked pretty fancy, not to crowded. But during the last tour it looked a bit like a ripoff, only partially along the stage. I don't like GA, because I don't have time to stand in line all day to catch a good spot.

For I&E I would argue that the RZ was a total rip-off (unless people feel good about an undisclosed portion of the price going to charity.) To be fair, though, I think the production for I&E was so good that you could walk into the venue at 7:00 and get a great spot in GA, better than any RZ spot (I did exactly this for 4 shows.)

Given the stadium setup this time around, I will be giving the RZ serious consideration if it is priced similar to the top-tier seats.

RZ  not worth it...

Most of the U2 family friends get the best seats  tickets on the side of stage.

For the money RZ is not value for money in my opionion

I would say yes for this tour. I&E, probably not if you are looking at it strictly from a money paid standpoint. The point of the RED zone is the money goes to charity & in return they let you walk into a prime location. GA would be the way to go with the I&e tour. That said, I've done RED zone a few times. I've always enjoyed it. It's a nice chill laid back crowd.

Edited by Shannon387

From the seat plans it looks like RZ is bang in front of The Edge! Agree it is a trade off between queuing all day and seat pricing.

Especially if GA split between Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 remains unclear.

That said being in the queue provides a great opportunity to meet up with fans.

I think it is worth it. Even I & E. We showed up right before show and were right next to stage. Adam pic was taken with my phone and no zoom. No people pushing on us...for me and my wife definitely worth it. And money goes to charity! I hope I can get tix tomorrow as well. I can get an Edge pic to go with Adam. 

I saw one Red Zone show on the 360 tour, and one on the I&E tour.  Most of the other nights I did standard general admission.  My mom and I have had a little tradition of catching one show together each tour that's gone on for 20 years now, and the Red Zone is kinda perfect for our otherwise mismatched preferences.  I'd rather stand and be close to the action; she'd like to be close to the action but (understandably) does not want to stand around all day long, or not be able to run to the bathroom before the show.  When we do RedZone, you can get there much later in the day, and they usually have some chairs set up before the show begins so you can rest your legs while you wait or otherwise move about pretty freely.  You get the closeness of the GA experience without "earning" it. 

And the thing is, at least for those shows, the Red Zone tickets were about $300 each, and the top priced regular tickets were $275.  So there's not much of a difference there.  For the shows I went RedZone for, my second choice would have been the top priced seats, which comprised of most of the lower level and the lowest rows of the upper level - so I figure, for about $25 more, instead of potentially being somewhere far away from the stage on the lower level or in the upper level, I'm instead right by the stage.

So I think whether or not Red Zone is worth it depends on what you're looking for - if you're comparing them to a regular GA ticket, and are someone who doesn't mind waiting during the day and usually enjoys GA, then I don't think it's worth it just as an upgrade on that.  If you're someone who likes the convenience and comfort of having a seat location assigned but usually end up standing the whole night anyway once the band comes out, don't mind paying the top prices, but would prefer a better experience than some random lower level spot, Red Zone is a good deal under those circumstances.

Hey!

During 360 I think it was worth it. Front row and not too crowded. Back then the tickets were auctioned, but still ended up at a reasonable 120 EURO for me. This time they are fixed price at 300+. I want to see several gigs so I went for regular ones this time. Everyone has a different budget, but for certain it was an experience. Have fun at the gig!

Hey!

During 360 I think it was worth it. Front row and not too crowded. Back then the tickets were auctioned, but still ended up at a reasonable 120 EURO for me. This time they are fixed price at 300+. I want to see several gigs so I went for regular ones this time. Everyone has a different budget, but for certain it was an experience. Have fun at the gig!

DId you buy them in general sale or presale?

I went red zone at o2 arena london and enjoyed the experience spent most of my time in geral ga just back to red to buy a beer or 3

worth it. I had Edge in front of me for IE. Would do it this year if I was working, which sadly I am not. 

My experience for the 360 tour in red zone was not so good as I was in RZ-2 and would have preferred to be on the EDGE side RZ-1. Personally, I think that they should make the RZ a "bubble" around the entire "tree" including stage front. They could put more ppl in (comfortably) and possibly reduce the price a bit. WIN WIN

Edited by clubdoc

Hey!

I have done RZ twice for stadium shows....agree with the other postings about the arena shows...the vicinity marked off for RZ wasn't much of an advantage. I would say the fixed pricing of $350 vs $87 for the GA's is my determining factor. The last two RZ's I purchased cost me $180 and $220. so jumping up that much when I like to see multiple shows isn't in the cards. I will say if you want a more relaxed environment then the RZ is a good option.

i got VIP Red Zone in both Vancouver and Pasadena. i haven't' done RZ in years, but really can't dedicate the time to the GA line this year.

any idea what comes with this aside from a souvenir ticket? 

(RED) Zone 

The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Special features include: 

Barricaded area immediately adjacent to the Stage 
Extremely limited capacity 
VIP Entrance to the venue 
Collectors souvenir ticket 
An opportunity to be selected for a pre show backstage tour 
Access to purchase pre-show refreshments 
A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign

• Like 1

My tickets for Gillette were for reserved seats (not VIP) and were $285 each plus the low,low Ticketmaster service charge of $20.95. You'd think for the money they raised in service fees for this concert, they'd have an online ticketing system that works. And their CAPTCHA is awful. I'd rather type in "toast human" than play click the squares that are made of pizza or trucks or signs...I mean is the post part of the sign? Do I click that? Or just the sign? Seriously. 

How about you select "I'm not a robot" because your so damn mad you have to take a stupid clicking test while all the tickets for the area you want are gone!

I totally thought RZ was worth it even for I&E.  It was awesome having a special entrance. No waiting, on the rail or slightly back with plenty of room, easy access to rest rooms and the bar (they kind of go hand in hand).  For JT being that it is a Stadium tour I think RZ is more valuable.  I probably do 1 or maybe 2 shows this time in RZ.  It does get a little pricey.  But, honestly, I think RZ is perfect for Baby Boomers who grew up with U2 and may have a little more disposable income and are done with waiting in line for hours.

I'm not sure if the perks for VIP tix make them better than RZ as they are much further away than RZ and cost more.

On 360 tour I bought Red Zone in the auction. I think I paid €95. I thought it was worthwhile. I found myself a good spot on Edge's side and enjoyed the experience.

For I&E, I bought Red Zone for one show. It was a disaster.

The set up for this tour seems similar to the 360 shows, apart from the fact that there is no Red Zone on Adam's side (at least for Dublin). I have Pitch 2 for Dublin. I will keep my options open about what to go for if a second date is announced.

Whats better? Cost is not an issue, Pitch 2 at Croake or Red Zone, Never have done standing before so I'm a little worried about  all that  GA requires. Thanks

The other great thing about RZ is that the TM service fee is only $4.50 total per Order regardless of how many RZ tickets (1,2,3 or 4) you buy whereas TM fees on $280 good seats are around $32.00 per ticket!

I saw some  people from the red zone walking around looked like volunteers any one know how you can become one?

did redzone last night. Totally worth it. Great spot and you can walk around and come back to your spot. the people are around you are cool and they have no problem with you going to the restroom or getting a drink and coming back.  The downside is standing for at least 7 or 8 hours.