sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

sped    0

Can someone confirm which tickets or areas of the stadium are subject to Credit Card Entry? TM has no further info except to say: Select Locations are Credit Card only.

Always seems odd that they say it's to curb resale, when TM has its own resale-sanctioned site

Buying tickets 5-6 months in advance -- sometimes life gets in the way and if you can't transfer specific tickets, best to know now before buying.

*I have emailed someone at Live Nation so I'll get back to you if I hear anything first.*

Curious on this as well - resale that is.  I want to buy enough tickets for the whole family - 2 memberships between the whole family, but what if some can't go... I'd be happy to sell them at face value (might even give them away - just so they don't go to waste).

K5Jon    0

I always felt that a ticket selling website such as Ticketmaster having a sanctioned reselling site seems like a big conflict of interest.

andreblanc    0

Yes, don't we all just love TicketBastards, sorry, TicketMaster.   Here is the scoop on my past experience.  Credit Card access requires you to use the credit card you purchased the tickets with to enter the venue and all people must be there at the same time.  They will NOT work with you on this unless they have changed their policy for this tour.  Last tour, I got stuck on a business trip in Asia and had to FedEx my credit card to a friend (which was costly) who had to drive down to the venue to let some U2 fans in (which was also costly).  Who was the genius who thought this system up?  And to add insult, TicketFleecers, sorry, TicketMaster, will not let you resell these types of tickets even on THEIR exchange .... which makes absolutely ZERO sense to me because everyone would win ----- you get some of your capital back (after getting stiffed for buying AND selling fees), a fan gets to see the show at cost, and TicketMonopoly, sorry, TicketMaster, gets their second round of fees for brokering the deal.  So, the workaround, if you want to call it that, is to do what SCALPERS have figured out --- HELLO U2 ARE YOU LISTENING?.  Simply put the tickets on a prepaid VISA card.  Now there is some risk to this:  (1) if you split up your purchases who knows what might happen to your code for the next sale.....I would not take the risk, (2) I have heard "rumors" that some venues will ask for ID but there is NO name on the card, so okay, how does that work and does some guy or gal making $10 and hour who is checking at the venue really care?, (3) unless you buy from a reputable reseller, not many people are going to trust even the most trustworthy person to buy a prepaid card that has your ticket "embedded" on the mag stripe!  So if U2 is reading this please listen to your fans and return to paper tickets. Stop the insanity, it is only adding more stress to the fan.  "Please"

Edited by andreblanc

kwaite    0

Cleveland appears to be credit card entry for all tickets.   I did not see another option (did not look hard either as it was fine for me).   Below is from my email confirmation.

Credit Card Entry - Swipe your card at the entrance to find your purchase and get a slip with your seat info. RESTRICTIONS APPLY: PROOF OF CREDIT CARD USED FOR PURCHASE AND VALID ID MAY BE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. YOUR ENTIRE GROUP MUST ENTER AT THE SAME TIME.

mike7man    0

When you get to the purchase page (at the latest), it should say whether the tix are CCE.  GA and RZ definitely will be, the real question is whether seats are.

mike7man    0

Wow.  And maybe we won't know until the public sale starts, but right now, looks like no reselling at all--even on the TM reselling site.  Obviously, that's a bummer if you can't go for whatever reason (e.g., get sick).

I did click on the button out of curiosity... it wouldn't (yet?) let anything happen.  Said there were restricted or some such verbiage.  Don't know if that's for now or for good...

hobbes4444    0

There's generally no reselling of credit card entry tix (other than how scalpers do it as noted above).  For cancellation, you'd have to buy the ticket insurance to get a refund due to illness for credit card entry, or you have to give the person going in your place your cc and an id.  I did that for my wife when purchasing Adele tix for her.  She went with a friend and TM assured me that as long as she had my CC there would not be a problem.  That turned out to be the case, but she had my passport for backup.  Only once out of a half dozen or so cc tix was I asked for ID, which was scrutinized (Springsteen in Hartford, though some CC lines did not check).   

Aside from RZ, I think Gillette tix are all print at home, so reselling probably won't be a problem there.  Seems to be hit and miss on this tour.  I don't know if that's an issue with Gillette not having the capability or just not wanting to do credit card entry.  I know credit card tix are prohibited in NY (has to be a paper ticket option for all tickets), but not in MA.

Franna1    0

Yes, but the "New York" show is actually in NJ, and it appears to be entirely credit card entry. Seats too. I bought GA and insurance.

Edited to say:  I just looked again and that might be incorrect.  I'm not certain that it's entirely credit card entry.  I do know with certainty that the GA tickets I purchased were credit card entry only, no other option.

Edited by Franna1

periferal    0

I got 4 NJ tickets in section 135.  I knew about this joke of a policy, but was praying they would give you the option of having the tickets mailed to you. It didn't for the 100 level, but maybe the 200 or 300 level as on the TM website it says, "Please Note: Some locations are CREDIT CARD ENTRY only."  I'm hoping that doesn't mean all as I want to buy tickets for friends.

sunshine38    0

So if I bought 2 tickets for seats that require credit card entry, but wanted to buy 2 GAs for friends who want to go along (but don't want to pay the price for seats), could I switch my credit card around on Ticketmaster and let them use the credit card I purchased the GAs with for entry and I still use my original cc for entry to my seats?  I don't want to get flagged for switching cc info on my account, but bummed they probably won't be able to get tickets in the public sale to go along with me.  And not being sure if ID will be requested with the cc.  First time experiencing this cc entry stuff.

Sorry, I like the good old fashioned tickets, although I'm sure this helps with the scalping or selling at a higher price. 

mich40    71

Depends on the venue, but many ask for photo id to go with the credit card.

periferal    0

300 level is definitely not cc entry.  Doubt the 200 level is.  Likely top priced 100 level and GAs

Well I had the option of buying multiple tickets in NJ this morning in the 300's and EVERY SINGLE ONE came up as CC entry only.  There was no other option to choose.  

Figure that out.  

post-324625-0-68817000-1484231276_thumb.jpg

Didn't understand that when I ordered my Philly tickets and am on hold with Ticketmaster now trying to see if I can change to paper tickets. We'll see! Either way, I'm stoked!!!

Keith2    0

All seats that showed up for me in Chicago were listed as Credit Card Entry.  And, as luck (bad) would have it, I now have an extra pair of tickets.

I didn't buy insurance on my tickets but it looks like I still can.  How does that work?  Buy the insurance on the second pair and then just say the people going got sick and can't attend?

I actually contacted Ticketmaster because they have a three day cancel policy on tickets and they said that you can't even cancel U2 orders.  This ticketless option is horrible.

Edited by Keith2

cerulean    0

All seats that showed up for me in Chicago were listed as Credit Card Entry.  And, as luck (bad) would have it, I now have an extra pair of tickets.

I didn't buy insurance on my tickets but it looks like I still can.  How does that work?  Buy the insurance on the second pair and then just say the people going got sick and can't attend?

I actually contacted Ticketmaster because they have a three day cancel policy on tickets and they said that you can't even cancel U2 orders.  This ticketless option is horrible.

Insurance probably requires some kind of documentation.

NWebb77    0

Same problem here with Boston tickets. I posted about it just now, but I have an extra pair now, TM said to re-sell, but I didn't think I could, PLUS to re sell they tack another "commissions" fee on to the tickets,so either the seller has to sell for below face value or the buyer has to pay above face value. It's just all very confusing and yucky!

jeffwalsh    0

Always seems odd that they say it's to curb resale, when TM has its own resale-sanctioned site

It is up to the performer as to whether to allow reselling on the Ticketmaster site.

That said, going through their site for resold tickets IS the best option, though, as they cancel the original bar codes and reissue new ones to the new buyer. That avoids the case where someone sells the same PDF on Craigslist to 10 people and basically whoever gets theirs scanned first is the only one that gets in...

superyeyo    0

Can I buy two sets of tixs for same show with different CC? Or woud that be an issue....would not be exceding ticket limit of 4 anyways

bigwave    137

Can I buy two sets of tixs for same show with different CC? Or woud that be an issue....would not be exceding ticket limit of 4 anyways

should be ok, but cc holder for each crd would need to be present for that set of tickets... if that makes sense