Sign in to follow this  
sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

Same problem here with Boston tickets. I posted about it just now, but I have an extra pair now, TM said to re-sell, but I didn't think I could, PLUS to re sell they tack another "commissions" fee on to the tickets,so either the seller has to sell for below face value or the buyer has to pay above face value. It's just all very confusing and yucky!

Best advice to avoid any problems is if you have an extra pair of tickets contact all of your friends and see if they are interested in attending with you. I am sure you won't have problems finding someone that knows you that would want to go see U2 live and then just charge them what you paid and you don't have to worry about fees or losing money or selling them and the buyer unable to get in without you if they are paperless CC required, etc. You would be surprised if you ask around how many friends would buy those tickets from you.

Can I buy two sets of tixs for same show with different CC? Or woud that be an issue....would not be exceding ticket limit of 4 anyways

should be ok, but cc holder for each crd would need to be present for that set of tickets... if that makes sense

I have two separate credit cards.  I buy 4 tickets in section 101 with one CC and 2 GA floor tickets with another CC.  They're all for me and my friends, but the venue has two separate entries for 100-level tickets and floor/GA.

How do we all get in without hassle?

Edited by periferal

Can I buy two sets of tixs for same show with different CC? Or woud that be an issue....would not be exceding ticket limit of 4 anyways

should be ok, but cc holder for each crd would need to be present for that set of tickets... if that makes sense

I have two separate credit cards.  I buy 4 tickets in section 101 with one CC and 2 GA floor tickets with another CC.  They're all for me and my friends, but the venue has two separate entries for 100-level tickets and floor/GA.

How do we all get in without hassle?

Here is what I would do. Everyone in your party go to the entrance for GA. Give that credit card to those friends of yours that are going into GA. If they scan it and get in, that answers that just make sure you explain to them not to lose your credit card. You and your friends in section 101 go to that entrance and enter. If however your friends at GA are denied and you are there, perhaps (big perhaps) you can walk up with them to the point where your card is swiped and do for them and then they get in and you walk back out and rejoin your friends. Not saying this will work, but worth a shot. Once the GA friends get in, you should be all set.

Here is what I would do. Everyone in your party go to the entrance for GA. Give that credit card to those friends of yours that are going into GA. If they scan it and get in, that answers that just make sure you explain to them not to lose your credit card. You and your friends in section 101 go to that entrance and enter. If however your friends at GA are denied and you are there, perhaps (big perhaps) you can walk up with them to the point where your card is swiped and do for them and then they get in and you walk back out and rejoin your friends. Not saying this will work, but worth a shot. Once the GA friends get in, you should be all set.

Thanks.  I thought of the same thing, but...

1.  What if they don't let my friends in?

2.  At minimum we will have to wait on long security lines twice.  

Just truly a pain this all is.  I'd really love to here from U2 directly on this.  All of a sudden they're SOOO concerned with scalping that they go to these lengths?  Seem like something else is up - Like a security issue so they can track all orders?  

Whatever it is, the lot of us who continue to do the right thing are punished.  

It seems nearly all seats for venues in the US are credit card entry bar Boston.

This seems like a very drastic step .

Is this strict policy only for the presale I wonder ,will most seats ,especially the poorer seats be print at home in the general sale ?

I have a feeling they will as the logistics of a full stadium being credit card entry is mid boggling.

Thanks.  I thought of the same thing, but...

1.  What if they don't let my friends in?

2.  At minimum we will have to wait on long security lines twice.  

Just truly a pain this all is.  I'd really love to here from U2 directly on this.  All of a sudden they're SOOO concerned with scalping that they go to these lengths?  Seem like something else is up - Like a security issue so they can track all orders?  

Whatever it is, the lot of us who continue to do the right thing are punished.  

I would suspect if they require or ask for ID it could be a problem for your friends if all they have is a credit card, however if you walked up with them and scanned your credit card and showed your ID as the purchaser and said "They are using my tickets that I bought for them" I can't imagine that would be an issue but don't quote me on it, just sharing my opinion. It is unfortunate that it's come down to this though. Seems like yesterday you had a paper ticket, you could go into a concert at your leisure find your place and enjoy the show. Or if you couldn't go, you could sell or give your ticket away. Sadly those days are a thing of the past.

My Vancouver tickets were cc only, but I was given the Sell option when I looked at My Tickets.  So you could potentially sell them on the TM site.  For other shows (The Weeknd, for example) at the same venue, when you elect to pick your tickets on a map, a few blue dots show up, showing face value TM seats.  Red dots indicate resales.  There were many red dots. 

From a business perspective, this is a wise move from TM.  They get commissions a few times for each ticket, and get their piece of the reselling market.

I'm unsure if these U2 shows will allow reselling on the TM site, but if so it's better than the hassle of FedEx ing your cc to some random Joe in Hartford.  And maybe it's enough to keep the bots at bay.

I bought four tickets this morning for the Rose Bowl. Checked 15 minutes later and better tickets opened up so I bought those.

I just spent an hour on the phone with with Ticketmaster and they are sending me a refund request to my e-mail for the original four tickets. I'd rather sell the tickets to someone at face value instead of going through this hassle. 

I bought four tickets this morning for the Rose Bowl. Checked 15 minutes later and better tickets opened up so I bought those.

I just spent an hour on the phone with with Ticketmaster and they are sending me a refund request to my e-mail for the original four tickets. I'd rather sell the tickets to someone at face value instead of going through this hassle. 

Did you have two pre-sale codes?  How did you manage to get a total of 8 tickets, before selling the first four back to TM?

My Vancouver tickets were cc only, but I was given the Sell option when I looked at My Tickets.  So you could potentially sell them on the TM site.  For other shows (The Weeknd, for example) at the same venue, when you elect to pick your tickets on a map, a few blue dots show up, showing face value TM seats.  Red dots indicate resales.  There were many red dots. 

From a business perspective, this is a wise move from TM.  They get commissions a few times for each ticket, and get their piece of the reselling market.

I'm unsure if these U2 shows will allow reselling on the TM site, but if so it's better than the hassle of FedEx ing your cc to some random Joe in Hartford.  And maybe it's enough to keep the bots at bay.

The help section on Ticketmaster "seems" to be clear: (but you never know with TM, could change overnight)

Can I sell Credit Card Entry tickets?

That’s up to the artist, team, or venue! If they give the green light you’ll see a Sell button when you click the order number under Order History in My Account. 

If you don’t see the Sell button it’s probably because the tickets are in high demand, and the artist, team, or venue wants true fans like you to get the seats you want at face value by eliminating unfair competition from professional scalpers. Without the ability to resell tickets at steep prices, scalpers have no reason to snatch them up when they go on sale using automated software, or “bots”.

I'm in a situation where i bought 2 tickets then found 2 others that i liked better.  I'm hoping that after next week (after general sale) i can sell my original 2. 

Edited by cbraun

Did you have two pre-sale codes?  How did you manage to get a total of 8 tickets, before selling the first four back to TM?

Because I was a moron and so excited to get tickets this morning I accidentally purchased a second u2.com membership. It was included in the transaction on Ticketmaster.

If you call ticketmaster, they have a policy which allows you to exchange your tickets for the same value or more.

Is that 100% true?  What about day of the show at the venue if better seats open up?  And how will that work now with CC entry?

You just better hope you don't have to get a new card before the show. Last tour, I saw the guys in Toronto, but almost didn't get in, thanks to this paperless entry BS. I paid with my debit card, but then before the concert, some jerk hacked my account and I had to get a new card. I called Ticketmaster and the venue, getting the runaround from both. The only reason I made it in is because the lady who was working security at the door took pity on me as I was bawling my eyes out. I'm sure she wasn't supposed to let us in, but she did. I don't know who came up with this paperless entry thing, but I really would like t slap the crap out of them if I ever get the change. It's just a horrible idea.

If you call ticketmaster, they have a policy which allows you to exchange your tickets for the same value or more.

Is that 100% true?  What about day of the show at the venue if better seats open up?  And how will that work now with CC entry?

From the Ticketmaster website.  Worth a shot. 

Exchanges

Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. One exchange per person, per event.

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for Fan-to-Fan Resale events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

Because I was a moron and so excited to get tickets this morning I accidentally purchased a second u2.com membership. It was included in the transaction on Ticketmaster.

Almost bought the second memberhsip myself, when I bought by 3rd and 4th tickets after the initial rush, but the price didn't look right.  Glad I read your post first, so it was in my mind somewhere.  Backed out just in time.  I was clicking fast as you do in these desperate times!

From the Ticketmaster website.  Worth a shot. 

Exchanges

Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. One exchange per person, per event.

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for Fan-to-Fan Resale events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

Thank you CMitch.  Very cool of you.  You might now see me both the heck out of TM as a result.  :-)

Great...so it looks like I have one CC entry ticket for Vancouver that I can't use now, or sell for that matter.

The help section on Ticketmaster "seems" to be clear: (but you never know with TM, could change overnight)

That’s up to the artist, team, or venue! If they give the green light you’ll see a Sell button when you click the order number under Order History in My Account. 

If you don’t see the Sell button it’s probably because the tickets are in high demand, and the artist, team, or venue wants true fans like you to get the seats you want at face value by eliminating unfair competition from professional scalpers. Without the ability to resell tickets at steep prices, scalpers have no reason to snatch them up when they go on sale using automated software, or “bots”.

I'm in a situation where i bought 2 tickets then found 2 others that i liked better.  I'm hoping that after next week (after general sale) i can sell my original 2. 

Exactly.  I have 2 potentially extra for Cleveland.  This ticketless is a joke.  So am I at risk if we don't take our 10 and 13 year old to GA of LOSING the money on them?  I want to be able to sell them, they are my property.

This asinine Credit Card Entry is incredibly frustrating! I want a physical ticket. I don't want to hand over my credit card to anyone where it may be out of my sight. I'm also going with multiple friends & it's SO MUCH EASIER just meeting at the damn seats. And what if I can't go? Then they can't get in. Ridiculous!

Yeah this insane.  They didn't honor the 72 hour cancel for the extra GA's we had.  Incredible how messed up this is really.

Exactly.  I have 2 potentially extra for Cleveland.  This ticketless is a joke.  So am I at risk if we don't take our 10 and 13 year old to GA of LOSING the money on them?  I want to be able to sell them, they are my property.

About the only thing you can do (which will work) is arrange for two other people to meet you at the venue (e.g., that you've arranged w/other fans on this site, or advertised elsewhere).  Then they can go in with you.  In other words, you can sell them, but only if you can be at the venue yourself to go to that show (and they meet you, go in with you, etc.).

This is SO crappy for fans.  Period.

The pros still get their secondary market, there will never be no scalpers.  I mean look at TM itself trying to "grow their secondary market revenue".  That is from their press release in the horse race with stubhub.  The 2 big corporates battling it out woohoo.  And then us fans are left to drivel at each other with the quote from above "but only if you can be at the venue yourself to go to that show (and they meet you, go in with you, etc.)."  It is laughable that people can sing people have the power and not laugh at the silliness of it.  That is a joke.

Anyway, sure I could cancel my CC right now.  I could get a new CC#.  I could tell TM hey CC gone, put these NY GA's on another CC (a gift card).  I could sell them for $400 a pair on stub hub.  I mean it's doable, it's a pain but it's there.  So the pros figure this process is a cost of doing business, and they just buy them on the pre-paid cards at the start anyway and ship off that card with the stub hub sale.  us fans are screwed and U2 or other bands didn't prevent anything.  How many posts did we read last tour, wow couldn't make it 2 GA's not used etc.  Amazing it is allowed.  People have the power remember.  The secondary market is growing "low single digits" year over year, per their big companies, so this isn't stopping it.  But oh yeah, the fans get screwed.  I am trying to put a few shows together with my wife.  I met her on WIRE back in 1997.  I have traded GA's with a fan, without incident, every tour since 1997 until last tour.  Sad we can't carry each other.  (does this post have enough sentence fragments lol, sorry)

So what is this system? 

1) screw fans while the big money laughs

2) big money still makes money (and laughs while doing it).

It's simple really.  And bad for the fans that pay in to make the whole system go.

Just curious whether this paperless system may have been put in place as a security measure, in light of the recent terror attacks?  Rather than solely to stop the scalpers?

I am also one of those saps screwed by this CC process!  Using my presale code I bought 2 tickets for the Vancouver show and 2 for the Dublin gig.  The Vancouver tickets are a gift for my brother who selflessly got me tickets for the original Joshua Tree Tour back in '87 for Toronto (my first show).  When I messaged my bother that I had gotten him tickets he broke down in tears as he was emotionally overwhelmed at what I had done for him.  Then I realize this CC entry could cause us problems  as I find that I have to be present when he enters the venue....I live in Peru, South America!!!!  I contacted TM to see what me options are and I received a canned response "Although your Credit Card Entry ticket can't be transferred, there is some good news: a joint card holder or authorized user of the card can take your place so it won't go to waste. That person just needs to bring the credit card used for purchase (no photocopies) and a photo ID to the venue". 

So my options are:

1) send my brother my credit card and ID (major hassle & cost)

2) apply for a joint credit card for him? 

This is nuts.  Please bring back paper ticket options and address delivery options. This should not be so difficult for us lifelong fans.