Sign in to follow this  
sped

Credit Card Entry (MERGED)

I've had this happen to me. You'll be fine. Contact Ticketmaster &/or the venue and let them know. They'll get you sorted out.

Edited by Shannon387

So I was just informed by my credit card company that they are going to be sending me a new credit card. How will I be able to enter the shows with a new credit card when the old credit card was the one I used to purchase my tickets?? 

I'm in the same boat - I ordered with a card that doesn't expire for another year and a half and then the next day get a new chip enabled card from my bank with different numbers. I'm pretty sure they just swipe the card to verify name and purchase and that it doesn't have to be an active card.

yes, as monica said.  Do NOT get rid of the old card, keep it safe till you go to the concert.  You won't be able to use it for purchases, but the information is still in the magnetic strip and will work just fine. 

If any doubts about the correct info given here (just keep the old card), the Ticketmaster website covers this situattion in the CC Entry FAQ.

I just want to say this is so screwed up and I too will be stressing until June. I have regular tickets but am still hoping for RZ. If by some miracle I can get RZ on resale-and get them by meeting the seller at venue and them getting me in, in itself a stressful scenario (what if the person can't make the show?? What if they drop off the face of the earth?), I would have to sell my regular tickets or wind up in the poorhouse. If I have to meet my buyer at the venue in order for them to be able to get in with my credit card, how am I supposed to be 2 places at once?? I'd have to meet my buyer, get them in, then go meet my seller, and then they et me in.

It seems very awkward. Show my credit card and point to the 2 people next to me. Hey, let them in. Then go somewhere else to meet the RZ seller and they get me in (with their group, or not?) It boggles the mind. Hopefully after the first few shows we will all have a better idea of how it actually goes.

If any doubts about the correct info given here (just keep the old card), the Ticketmaster website covers this situattion in the CC Entry FAQ.

Here's the exact wording from the Ticketmaster website:

What if the credit card I used expires before the event?

Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Fan Support.

How are Credit Card entry tickets being sold on Stub Hub?

The brokers originally buy their "credit card entry" tickets, using pre-paid Amex/MC/Visa gift cards.  Then when their tickets are sold on StubHub, in lieu of actual tickets, they ship the gift card to the buyer. The gift card is then scanned at the venue, exactly like a regular credit card, and then you're in.   It's a bit risky though, while it works, it's technically not supposed to.  Ticketmater states in their terms that you can't put "credit card entry" tickets on a gift card, but they really don't have much of a way of knowing.   So while "credit card entry" does cut down on scalping, it doesn't stop it completely.

I think the whole thing is going to be a major clusterf***.   I've been to arena concerts where they use "credit card entry" for the good seats.   Lines to get in are a mile long, in smaller arenas.   Doing this in a stadium, with the entire field "credit card entry", as well as a good chunk of the lower level, the lines are going to be a total nightmare.

(Fortunately for me, my tickets are Red Zone, and regular will-call, with a special designated entrance.)

Edited by rlj1010

Actually, it's very likely that RZ tix are also (ultimately) CCE as well.  That's the way it was on I & E.  You will not "pick up" actual RZ tickets (only the special souvenir one).

Actually, it's very likely that RZ tix are also (ultimately) CCE as well.  That's the way it was on I & E.  You will not "pick up" actual RZ tickets (only the special souvenir one).

As far as I know, the Red Zone is will-call pick up, where you get a wristband, and are required to immediately enter the venue with your entire party.    It's heavily restricted like the credit card entry tickets are, but it's a separate entrance and a slightly different process.

And yeah, you get the "souvenir" ticket, but that's strictly for show, and doesn't actually do anything.  Pointless, but whatever.

Edited by rlj1010

That's the way it was w/I & E too.  My point is that usually the term "will-call" implies that you can come, pick up actual tickets, and then leave/come back later, etc.  This is not the case w/RZ--really, it's still CCE, just with an initial step where you get the wristbands (which requires you to produce your CC), and then must go immediately in--just as you say.  So it's misleading that TM calls it "will-call".  And sure, it's nice to have a separate RZ entrance.

Edited by mike7man

Reading these posts i'm guessing i'm SOL on selling my 2 Chicago tics. I bought Chicago before they announced Louisville, so when they did announce, i bought Louisville thinking i could reslale Chicago. Ticketmaster is not allowing re-sale on their site and with it CC entry you can't sell them on your own. TM blames the promoters so there's no recourse, this is rediculous.

Based on the research I've done here on the forum I feel like I know the answer to this, but I feel the need to ask anyway.  Is there any chance this policy will change and U2/the promoter/Ticketmaster will allow us to sell or transfer these tickets?  I've got 3 presale tickets to the Cleveland show and the opportunity to purchase Chicago tickets, but I don't want to do both (I'm coming from Detroit and already checking out the Houston show as well).  I understand the rationale behind the policy but it really screws up any kind of flexibility.

I purchased 2 GA tickets using a virtual Visa and now I'm being told I can't use that card for entry. All I want to do is take my son to see U2 for his grade gift. Ticketmaster says I'm out of luck. I notice stub hub has GA for sale so I'm a little confused aren't they a resale company? I think there is something funny going on.  I miss the days of when you buy a ticket to an event you get a ticket plain and simple. Can't believe that U2 would alow live nation to discriminate against people who don't use credit cards.

Thanks 

Trying to buy some more tickets for our kids since we decided to go full out and bring them all with us to Cleveland. They are going to be GA, so we need the original buyer's credit card. They have offered to deactivate their card and mail it to us. Has anyone had the experience of using a deactivated card? I'm pretty sure we've used an expired card for the last concert. Would it work the same?  I know cc entry requires id too, but I can't remember why.  We just went to Chicago, but I'm struggling to remember in the rush to get in how the id was used.  

I bought 4 tickets to New Orleans show that are credit-card entry. I live in San Diego, but was going to be on a family vacation in New Orleans. The trip has fallen apart, so none of us will be there. Am I screwed? Did I just throw away $1250? The only 'help' Ticketmaster would offer was, "just give your credit card to a trusted friend so they can go...". I don't know anyone within 1000 miles of New Orleans, and even if I did I wouldn't give out my credit card(!). I'm furious about this! I'm pissed at Ticketmaster, I'm pissed at U2. None of them seem to care that I'm being ripped off. I'm not trying to make a profit here, just trying to not get screwed over. You'd think U2 or Ticketmaster would be interested in turning 1 angry customer into 4 happy ones, but instead the only attitude I've gotten is, "we already made our $$$, so why should we care if you're happy?" Sorry, ranting.

Any thoughts on how I can get out of this.