Sign in to follow this  
RockHardly05

American buying ticket to London show

I've never bought a ticket to an international show - but I'm in a situation where I have a chance to see them at the London show.

I've already noticed that when I looked for the London show through www.ticketmaster.com, it was not there - I had to go to the UK site.  My regular ticketmaster.com sign-in wouldn't work there, so I had to create a new profile for the UK site.  

So - all that seems to be set up and ready for me to hit the pre-sale (at 4am - ugh, but worth it. :)).

My question is this:  Has anyone ever bought tickets to a show through one of ticketmaster's international sites before (in this case, the UK) - are there any other surprises in store for me, or is it pretty straightforward?

I know that during a pre-sale, things get slowed down quite a bit, tickets are flying everywhere, etc. - and I don't want to waste any time and end up missing getting a ticket (shooting for Red Zone, assuming I don't have to get a second mortgage to afford it) if there's something I can do now to make it easier.

I've already got my payment method entered, and the pre-sale code ready to go.  Any other tips/advice?

I'm in the same boat, I had to create a new profile for Ticketmaster Ireland.  I hope there are no surprises and waking up at 4am will not be in vain!

I think you're all set. Please be aware that things will be slow when the presale starts as a lot of people try to get their hands on tickets. You can always use different browsers, but normally there's plenty of tickets and you'll get there.

If not, keep an eye on this forum as a second night can be added and you'll get another shot. They won't add this immediately, I can't imagine that the 80.000 tickets will sell out in the first wave of the presale.

Is It one ticket on pre sale per member or can you buy more ?

From the FAQ on the help page (http://www.u2.com/help):

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

My question is this:  Has anyone ever bought tickets to a show through one of ticketmaster's international sites before (in this case, the UK) - are there any other surprises in store for me, or is it pretty straightforward?

I Live in Mexico City. For the U2360° Tour I bought tickets for the London shows... not an issue or a problem. At all...

do you foresee any issues with having 2 ticketmaster accounts - one for US and one for Ireland - that have the same email and billing address, but different cards?  I'd be buying 2 tix per show, 4 total, so not going over the limit.  I'm slightly afraid of getting one or both of my orders cancelled... :o

do you foresee any issues with having 2 ticketmaster accounts - one for US and one for Ireland - that have the same email and billing address, but different cards?  I'd be buying 2 tix per show, 4 total, so not going over the limit.  I'm slightly afraid of getting one or both of my orders cancelled... :o

Should not have any problems, but if you do, let us know.

Is It one ticket on pre sale per member or can you buy more ?

you can buy up to 4.. are you a red hill member or wires group?

I've never bought a ticket to an international show - but I'm in a situation where I have a chance to see them at the London show.

I've already noticed that when I looked for the London show through www.ticketmaster.com, it was not there - I had to go to the UK site.  My regular ticketmaster.com sign-in wouldn't work there, so I had to create a new profile for the UK site.  

So - all that seems to be set up and ready for me to hit the pre-sale (at 4am - ugh, but worth it. :)).

I know that during a pre-sale, things get slowed down quite a bit, tickets are flying everywhere, etc. - and I don't want to waste any time and end up missing getting a ticket (shooting for Red Zone, assuming I don't have to get a second mortgage to afford it) if there's something I can do now to make it easier.

I've already got my payment method entered, and the pre-sale code ready to go.  Any other tips/advice?

Are you doing 1 show or more?

do you foresee any issues with having 2 ticketmaster accounts - one for US and one for Ireland - that have the same email and billing address, but different cards? I'd be buying 2 tix per show, 4 total, so not going over the limit. I'm slightly afraid of getting one or both of my orders cancelled... :o

Hello - I have this exact scenario. Same email address but different passwords.

Both accounts worked fine in the past, although I am only using the Irish one for this tour. Last time I used the US account was 2009.

So I don't think you will have a problem, as long as you stay within the ticket number limits for each presale code that you have.

For anyone travelling in, if offered the option select to pick your ticket up at the box office. UK ticket companies are notoriously slow when it comes to sending them out, often waiting to the week of the show.

For this show, the only option available to me was the Credit Card Entry - which is fine.  A bit odd for me to not walk up to the venue without a paper ticket (I'm old school) - but I guess that's one less thing to lose!

I've already noticed that when I looked for the London show through www.ticketmaster.com, it was not there - I had to go to the UK site. My regular ticketmaster.com sign-in wouldn't work there, so I had to create a new profile for the UK site.

My question is this: Has anyone ever bought tickets to a show through one of ticketmaster's international sites before (in this case, the UK) - are there any other surprises in store for me, or is it pretty straightforward?

I've already got my payment method entered, and the pre-sale code ready to go. Any other tips/advice?

As a Londoner who was lucky enough to spend some time in the beautiful US last year, just a friendly welcome to our great city and let me know if you need any tourist tips and tricks!

I didn´t get the option for Will Call or Print my ticket. Just mail them to me.....and in the end, TM UK wouldn´t accept my Card.....but TM Germany and Italy did ... 

As a precaution, make sure you have travel insurance that will cover you for flights and accommodation, as well as ticket insurance if Ticketmaster give you that option. Many superior hotels do offer day before reservation cancellation without charge though.
I know friends that travelled internationally to gigs that were subsequently postponed or cancelled; they did not have insurance and lost out financially big time.

Cheers,

SonicD