Sign in to follow this  
laurelb

Flashbacks of Ticket Master Meltdown for IE

I am so excited to buy tix tomorrow but I can't help but be afraid of the TM crash last time. I had the best seats picked out at 9:02 and then everything went haywire with TM. By the time I got tix, which weren't great, it was 45 mins later.

Took me 90 min! Have cold sweats thinking about it. In the end I still got great seats so it was okay. Things to to remember from that is to keep trying even when it says no tickets.

Luckily the Foo Fighters aren't selling at the same time again - it was U2 and Foo at the same time.

Please don't remind me! Ticketmonster is just a nightmare for events like this. I am simply assuming that it will crash tomorrow morning and I will be tempted to start throwing devices out a 5th floor window.

Keep in mind that those were arenas vs. stadiums this time.

I'm always stressed when tickets go on sale.  Stressed right now the night before because prices still haven't been posted.  Always feel taken advantage of by the promoters and ticket vendors but oh well, they can do just that.  For the IETour I got the tickets I wanted in Denver then when we got to the arena they had switched the layout and our seats were behind the stage.  We were absolutely livid and got them changed to very good seats so all was well in the end.  Stressful nonetheless.

Did TM have a "holding room" that you had to stay in to get tix last time (window that pops up that keeps you in line)?  

It should not crash, right?  I mean we are all buying at diff times (PST should only have those on sale that are in the right time zone) so max about 100,000 tix?  That SHOULD be ok?!

Holy crap. Had nightmares all night that I had my 4 tix in the best seats possible and then TM crashed and I ended up as far away as possible. I won't rest easy until tix are in my account.

Did TM have a "holding room" that you had to stay in to get tix last time (window that pops up that keeps you in line)?  

It should not crash, right?  I mean we are all buying at diff times (PST should only have those on sale that are in the right time zone) so max about 100,000 tix?  That SHOULD be ok?!

No, I had to keep going back to get new ones. They had a Captcha thing to prove you weren't a robot that hung up everytime so the timer for your tix would run out and you had to start over. I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about it.