Sign in to follow this  
laurelb

Scalpers have landed

A friend of mine said she bought tix already from Ticket Network. How is that possible or even fair?

Laurel

most likely a reselling site... they don't have any tickets yet...

if you have a direct link to the site in question, please send it to us via PM...

I have seen - and reported - several of those websites.
This evening I incidentally stumbled upon one that was blocked because the content didn't follow Belgian laws ... (= selling tix before they're even available)

And please continue to send links via pm if you see anymore. Thanks.

They list them tickets they haven't got now so people panic buy them thinking they've got in there first when really they haven't got tickets and will just have a pre sale code and expect to get them tomorrow or whatever.

One of those that I've reported even mentioned "last XX tickets for sale" :-)

Its always the same - Thing is with these stadium tours tickets are never that hard to come by...probably due to the prices.

More often than not I get my tickets in the pre sale and feel great about life thinking I've got one over on the rest of the ticket buying population on general release and then I find tickets still available some days after the general sale.

Happened with U2 last time round at the O2 in London.

Staff at ticket sellers themselves get first choice (that's how my colleague got tickets to Guns n Roses before they went on sale). Corporate box/season ticket holders also have tickets guaranteed so many of them will sell theirs.

It's a stadium tour. If I could get tickets for U2 for an arena gig with just 14k capacity with no hassle whatsoever, we'll all do just fine with a 90k stadium gig.

Shameful, [MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED]

Please do not post links to reseller sites on the board. You can send us these links via PM. Thanks

I have a direct link to share. How do I PM the mod? -- NM figured it out. 

Edited by summagal

Move your mouse over the username on this post (that would be Max Tsukino - but you can also PM the rest of the mod team: Bigwave and Mich40)... a window will appear.

Click the SEND MESSAGE button... Another window will appear where you can write the PM.

And so it begins...

Edited by mich40
Removed image

For those who are confused about people selling tickets, as a few of the moderators have posted out like Max, those sellers do not have the tickets. What they are doing are a few things, namely using the power of the U2 name to market their own ticket site. It's much easier for them to "appear" to have tickets thinking (or hoping) they would get them when they are released and then say to someone inquiring "Oh we sold out" if they end up not getting them. These reselling sites also hope people come back for other tickets, etc. Remember the old saying if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is and that certainly is the case when it comes to these sites claiming to have tickets before anyone else. Craigslist sites are pretty much flooded with these types of sellers.

NO IMAGES OF TICKETING SITES, PLEASE.  IF YOU HAVE LINKS, PM THEM TO A MODERATOR.

For those who are confused about people selling tickets, as a few of the moderators have posted out like Max, those sellers do not have the tickets. What they are doing are a few things, namely using the power of the U2 name to market their own ticket site. It's much easier for them to "appear" to have tickets thinking (or hoping) they would get them when they are released and then say to someone inquiring "Oh we sold out" if they end up not getting them. These reselling sites also hope people come back for other tickets, etc. Remember the old saying if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is and that certainly is the case when it comes to these sites claiming to have tickets before anyone else. Craigslist sites are pretty much flooded with these types of sellers.

And they take people's payments?

Just checked Stubhub for Vancouver show, and more than half the (several hundred!) available seats are instant delivery - despite all venue seats stating "credit card delivery". And damn sure they're not sending you their credit card too.

How convenient - TM owns SH, which suddenly has transferable tickets - at twice the price - for a show that apparently has a foolproof system to prevent transfer. TM = bloody scammers.

Not that I'm defending StubHub, but they're actually owned by eBay, not Ticketmaster. So who knows how sellers on there are able to instantly transfer credit card entry tickets, but it's not because of the company that owns them. Sucks for fans no matter what though.

Just checked Stubhub for Vancouver show, and more than half the (several hundred!) available seats are instant delivery - despite all venue seats stating "credit card delivery". And damn sure they're not sending you their credit card too.

How convenient - TM owns SH, which suddenly has transferable tickets - at twice the price - for a show that apparently has a foolproof system to prevent transfer. TM = bloody scammers.

Can't we sell back extra GA's, we might not take out kids, on TM itself?  I thought that was the only option to sell them.  I don't get how SH is selling a GA for a TM controlled cc-only paperless event.

Not that I'm defending StubHub, but they're actually owned by eBay, not Ticketmaster. So who knows how sellers on there are able to instantly transfer credit card entry tickets, but it's not because of the company that owns them. Sucks for fans no matter what though.

I thought TM let you sell tickets back, the red resale circle that lights up on map.  Can't u do that with CC.  How is SH doing this, I don't get it, at all.