Sign in to follow this  
donna_m

Anyone going to Vancouver opener?

Calling all U2 fans going to Vancouver... how bout we start a thread to check in, and get to know each other? 

Calling all U2 fans going to Vancouver... how bout we start a thread to check in, and get to know each other? 

Flight booked, ticket would be nice in about 45 mins

Cant help but wonder about that big Gap on Saturday...Would they add a show in between seattle or add one and start the tour on Thurs?..Its odd to have Sat off...guess it depends on sales...Having only toured 2 yrs ago, moving back out to stadiums , and I would think this is the easiest tour to get u2 ticks since 82' 

i too was thinking about the possibility of a second show in vancouver -- they've done it before more than a few times! hope i can get a ticket today! hearing stories of people not being able to get presale for over a day late.. less than 20 min! 

Hi! This will be my 13th U2 concert (11th in Vancouver). BC place is a large venue, I'd be surprised if they do a Saturday show. Sunday I will be in Seattle. I was 15 when the original JT tour happened and my mom wouldn't let me travel to the city to go to it so I am Very excited to get to go to this show. I will be bringing my teenage daughter with me

i too was thinking about the possibility of a second show in vancouver -- they've done it before more than a few times! hope i can get a ticket today! hearing stories of people not being able to get presale for over a day late.. less than 20 min! 

As of now, i'm thinking they might...I cant get what i want for either seattle or vancouver right now..only sec 400's coming up for Van...Ridiculous...Its frustrating not knowing whats gonna take place...they could move the opener to thursday f they wanted, also...if they did add a second show in Van...Id stay up there rather than travel to seattle...Its tough when your booking a flight and hotel from the other end of the earth in CT

As of now, i'm thinking they might...I cant get what i want for either seattle or vancouver right now..only sec 400's coming up for Van...Ridiculous...Its frustrating not knowing whats gonna take place...they could move the opener to thursday f they wanted, also...if they did add a second show in Van...Id stay up there rather than travel to seattle...Its tough when your booking a flight and hotel from the other end of the earth in CT

theyve never done full shows 3 days in a row that ive seen in the last 20 years. i wouldnt get your hopes up...:(

I dunno.

Allegedly this is the whole JT album. It's a new concept for them, like the first leg of the ZOO TV Tour where they were seemingly testing the waters in smaller venues and fewer dates than the larger Outside Broadcast that it evolved into. 

OK, ok...I know it's 2017 and U2 are HUGE now, but they're also older. A Friday night show in Vancouver, Saturday to rest (and perhaps review deficiencies from the opening night of the tour), then Sunday night in Seattle sounds about right.

theyve never done full shows 3 days in a row that ive seen in the last 20 years. i wouldnt get your hopes up... :(

hmmmm....Pretty sure they have but I'd have to double check myself...I thought they may have done three in a row a few times on the East coast back in the day but yeah, its rare..they usually have a night off after 2

Ordered a Joshua Tree shirt from the U2 shop using my paltry fan club discount but I'll be wearing my Popmart '97 shirt to the concert instead.

Feel free to point and laugh at me in Section 253. My wife will love the unwanted attention :P.

I have a 27 year old acid wash Jean jacket covered in u2 patches and a very faded unshapley t-shirt from zoo tv that I could pull out of the closet to wear....nahhhhhhhh

I have a 27 year old acid wash Jean jacket covered in u2 patches and a very faded unshapley t-shirt from zoo tv that I could pull out of the closet to wear....nahhhhhhhh

Do it!

I double dog dare ya!

If you do I'll ditch the Popmart shirt in favour for some 80's cargo pants, a Sonny Crockett blazer and this Rattle & Hum flag worn as a cape :P !

U2

Will have to think about my wife's outfit...maybe some pastel leg warmers, big hair and HUGE glasses.

Do it!

I double dog dare ya!

If you do I'll ditch the Popmart shirt in favour for some 80's cargo pants, a Sonny Crockett blazer and this Rattle & Hum flag worn as a cape :P !

Will have to think about my wife's outfit...maybe some pastel leg warmers, big hair and HUGE glasses.

I used to have that T-Shirt.  sadly, that did not survive into adulthood.

Still, I second the comment about 'ill fitting' stuff from back then.  Even my popmart shirt - whoever thought 'baggy t-shirts' was a good look???

It's kinda faded and rarely worn but I still have my 1984 sleeveless Under Australian Skies t-shirt. Now that's vintage!

Do it!

I double dog dare ya!

Oooh double dog dare! Lolololol It's not as bad as I remembered actually

post-309941-0-36322900-1484279753_thumb.jpg

Holy Joe!!! That is a cool jacket! Acid wash and everything!!! Hah!

You HAVE to wear it to the show! That's beyond old or ironic...that's ART!

That's a great jacket!

If you're not going to wear it, you might as well try to sell it outside the show in the GA line!  Someone in their 20s would wear that daily!

I've got parachute pants to go with the T...Oh wait, that was Unforgettable Fire Tour.  2 yrs back then was a lifetime in fashion.

I'll be there. 360 at BC Place was a good show (didn't really see a bad 360 show, well maybe Pasadena but still) and my first time in Canada.

I'm checking in. GAing with the family. No lines for us though. A nice pint (or 2!) of beer and medium-rare steak to celebrate pre-show. Plan to burn it off on that floor!

yep...going[/quote. Me too, Steelerfan