Sign in to follow this  
bradinutah

A Sort of "Pilgrimage" to the Actual Album Cover Joshua Tree

I'm planning to go to the Rose Bowl show.  In travelling there, I'm seriously considering a detour to Death Valley and to see the original site of the actual Joshua Tree from the album cover.  Also, to go see Zabriskie Point in Death Valley, where the front cover photo was taken.  I can't think of a better opportunity to go than this one.  I figure going a day or so before the show would be ideal (May 19).  Anyone else out there in Zootopia planning on going to find these remote desert scenes?

When I went there think it was 110 degrees in the shade, make sure you take sun block, glasses, hat, plenty of bottled water and energy food.

We found best time to visit zabriskie or joshua tree was early morning or evening before or after the days heat.

Best photos of exact album cover spot are over the stone wall at the carpark/viewing point. Take care!

Ps oops sorry you knew that anyway living in Utah! Another Great State love it there

Edited by joshthetree

Yes me and four mates are doing the same, probably on the Friday - driving out from LA - do you have exact directions or co-ordinates of the spot on the front of the album?